Veteran
Veteran

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

13 Oct 2017, 2:19 am

Let the peskyness continue.

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

adifferentname
Veteran
Veteran

13 Oct 2017, 4:36 am

"Smash" is a tad misleading. The warrant was overreaching and he amended it to protect people from a potential fishing trip, which is the correct call.

They'll still be able to demand identifying data of anyone deemed to be a person of interest, so everyone wins.

B19
Veteran
Veteran

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

13 Oct 2017, 8:33 pm

B19 wrote:
http://robertreich.org/post/155319264160

http://robertreich.org/post/159255024465

Thank you. HUZZAHS AND HOO HOO!

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

13 Oct 2017, 9:26 pm

Are people going to go bananas and riot and all that if republicans hold the house majority after the '18 election?

eric76
Veteran
Veteran

13 Oct 2017, 10:27 pm

I read today that some Trump fan was calling to take away the Washington Post's license to print a newspaper.

That brings out the obvious question of why he thinks that anyone needs a license to print a newspaper in the United States?

From http://www.nationalreview.com/article/452662/donald-trump-first-amendment-dangerous-misunderstanding-federal-communications-commission:

Quote:
Bill Mitchell, the Trump sycophant whose comprehensive lack of self-respect makes Paul Begala look like Cincinnatus, went on to argue that print publications such as Vanity Fair and the Washington Post should have their licenses revoked, too.

Read the entire article -- it is well worth the trouble.

eric76
Veteran
Veteran

13 Oct 2017, 10:29 pm

EzraS wrote:
Are people going to go bananas and riot and all that if republicans hold the house majority after the '18 election?

I'd be surprised if they gained seats in the House in the mid term elections, but I'd also be surprised if even with Trump's war on the Republican Party they lost so many seats in the mid term elections that they no longer have the majority.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

14 Oct 2017, 12:25 am

eric76 wrote:
I read today that some Trump fan was calling to take away the Washington Post's license to print a newspaper.

That brings out the obvious question of why he thinks that anyone needs a license to print a newspaper in the United States?

From http://www.nationalreview.com/article/452662/donald-trump-first-amendment-dangerous-misunderstanding-federal-communications-commission:
Quote:
Bill Mitchell, the Trump sycophant whose comprehensive lack of self-respect makes Paul Begala look like Cincinnatus, went on to argue that print publications such as Vanity Fair and the Washington Post should have their licenses revoked, too.

Read the entire article -- it is well worth the trouble.

Brightest bulb on the Christmas tree he's not when it comes to licensing free speech and press.