I've come to the conclusion they don't make pants in my size

Page 1 of 2 [ 22 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

16 Oct 2017, 3:34 am

arielhawksquill wrote:
It's easier to find your size if you know your waist and inseam measurements. That's how the pants at Target are sized, and most brands of jeans. A size 0 is something like a 26 inch waist, and a petite is something like a 29 inch inseam, so you'd look for pants with "26 x 29" on the tag. Look closely at the tag on the pants that fit you best currently, or measure them (or yourself) to find out.
Pants that are supposed to be the same sizes can fit very differently. I had some 38 inch waist pants that ripped because I gained some weight. I tried on some pants at the store & found some that fit alittle lose that were also 38 inch.

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

UDG
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

03 Nov 2017, 7:42 pm

I've had lots of problems with this. During my late teens I was both longer in the leg than the long size and thinner in the waist than the narrowest waist size typically available in men's trousers. Also, I've found that on some tight fitting styles the crotch is insufficiently long, as though they made the legs longer but didn't figure that tall people might also be longer in the lower abdomen as well. I also tend to put on fat on my torso more than my legs when out of shape, so if I got too fat I would have overly baggy legs on my trousers.

Have you tried wearing 3/4 length trousers? They almost look like long shorts on me, but shorter female members of my family sometimes go for those.

Kiki1256
Veteran
Veteran

03 Nov 2017, 11:46 pm

I have the opposite problem. I'm a size 8 and pretty much everything in my size is taken. But I'm also short so it's hard to find jeans that don't dig into my shoes. American Eagle has short sizes, so I get a lot of jeans there. I will probably be shopping at American Eagle when I'm 30, even though people say it's for teenagers.

TheSilentOne
Veteran
Veteran

04 Nov 2017, 2:32 pm

^ My sisters both love that store. I can't find anything that fits me there, but nearly half of their wardrobes are from there. They love their jeans. My older sister is about 5'5 and my younger one is about 5'3 (both taller than me lol) and they say their jeans are comfortable and fit both of them well, even though they have really different body types.

My problem with pants is that I am oddly shaped and my legs are short but I have a big stomach. I can never find pants the right length, so I usually hem them, but they are still usually tight in some places and baggy in others. I don't even try to wear jeans because I find the fabric too stiff and they never fit right anyways. I wear sweatpants almost all the time, I love the ones with elastic at the bottom so I don't trip over them :D

BTDT
Veteran
Veteran

04 Nov 2017, 5:19 pm

The latest issue of Popular Mechanics suggests hemming clothes by hand with needle and thread.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

05 Nov 2017, 12:31 am

^^^that is a skill my late mother had, which did not trickle down to me.

Quiet Mouse
Raven
Raven

05 Nov 2017, 11:01 am

I have the same problem but for different reasons. Jeans are usually too short, and if they're not too short then they're too baggy. I "solved" this problem by wearing sock-length boots to cover what was left uncovered by the jeans, that way I could focus on getting jeans that fit right.