Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

13 Oct 2017, 1:56 am

Autism & Innovation center established to help people with ASD find meaningful work

Quote:
Creating a model pipeline that will assist adults on the autism spectrum find meaningful and gainful employment while enhancing local business innovation.

That is the purpose of Vanderbilt University’s Center for Autism & Innovation (VCAI). The new center brings together academic researchers, educators, employers, philanthropists and community organizers to address one of the biggest

The center has four specific goals:

Develop new psychometric tests that can accurately identify and assess the special talents and skills of individuals on the spectrum;

Come up with novel employment arrangements, management techniques and workplace practices that utilize these abilities;

Invent new technologies that enable autistic and other neuro-diverse individuals to achieve their full potential and succeed in the workplace;

Document and disseminate a community-based model for enhancing the quality of life of individuals with ASD through meaningful employment

No autistic people involved?

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

Luna035
Raven
Raven

27 Oct 2017, 4:26 pm

Great