RetroGamer87 wrote:
hale_bopp wrote:
RetroGamer87 wrote:
hale_bopp wrote:
sly279 wrote:
hurtloam wrote:
hale_bopp wrote:
sly279 wrote:
So you’d be fine paying half the mortgage of a house for 10+ years then getting kicked out and hey your names not on the mortgage.

Yes, if you don’t own a house, you pay rent to the house owner. That’s the way rent works. It’s also called paying your way.

Quote:
So you spent thousand and thousands and have nothing to show for it.

Like renting?

Quote:
I’d sooner rent a separate place then pay half of some woman’s house for her.

Yet you expect her to rent her space to you for free?

No one makes their partner pay half the mortgage unless it’s a fair rental price.

Agreed.

I don’t date my landlord. It’s a business transaction. But if you all wan come pay for my house I want go ahead, but don’t expect to live in it after it’s paid off :p you won’t find many men willing t help a lady buy a house he has no right to ownership for, but guess that’s yet another difference beymen and women. I also highly doubt most women will pay half a mans mortgage. They usually just live of said man for free and call themselves house wife’s, my brothers wife family, her dad pays everything her mom works too but she spends all her money info fun stuff just for her.

But that’s what we are discuss The Who’ll a man has t pay half of everything idea. Which means that lady who owns a house expects him to pay half of the mortgages. He said better off renting his own appartment that’ll be in his name and he won’t have to pay for repairs, and it’ll be cheaper. What incentive is there for men to spend all their hard earned mo ey ro pay half of so,e woman’s expensive house and belongings? Freak that

Yet another example of women seeing love and relationships as business transactions. Her bf is just her rentee and she’s the landlord, minuse the actual rental agreements and contracts and landlord responsibilities. Why don’t more landlords just date their tenants, they escape all legal processes :roll:

Would either of you pay half my mortgage if I owned a house? Half my $1000 fully loaded cable bill, half my lights on all the time electric bill? Or would you cry no I’m not paying for stuff I don’t need? Cause I bet you wouldn’t , yet you stand here says no guys should. See the difference between this and most couples is most couples rent together, they don’t rent s spot in the others house. If she wants to keep her house then my share will need to be negotiated and it won’t be half. Otherwise we can get s new place together that’s in both our budgets. I’m not asking anymore then I’d do if it was the other way around. I wouldn’t ask rent from s gf, just that she cover her expensive so I don’t have additional costs from her living with me.

As for people who outright own their house, why should their bf pay them rent?
Really sounds like you two want tenants not bfs. That’s not how relationships work, probably why both spouses usually give up bother their places and find s new one together.

Women seem to have issue where they presume all guys are freeloaders but women have mooched off and freeloaded off men for thousands of years and deem it still ok to do so today. Yet if some guy doesn’t pay half he’s a freeloader, but many women in relationships don’t pay a single cent and it’s fine. Some equality :roll:

Maybe couples shouldn’t live together and just only meet in public spaces then go home to their separate homes.

Oh ok. So when a women lives in a house man owns, it’s freeloading, but when you live in a house a woman owns, you offer love and companionship? Right.

Did you even read my post? Unless you’re married, you generally pay your fair share of rent. Not half a mortgage. Your fair share of rent. If I had a 600 dollar per week mortgage and a partner wanted to live with me, I’d probably ask for $200 per week, as I’m not married and it’s my asset. If I was married, my things are their things so they wouldn’t pay. If they had nothing themselves I would get a prenup to protect my assets if I got divorced, which IS what a lot of men do if their wife has no job or no way of contributing financially to the marriage. You pay what you would pay living elsewhere, doesn’t matter what your gender is. Two people are living under one roof, they both contribute. You’re not joined at the hip. You are two people paying for space.

Houses are expensive. It’s not 1950. Both sides of a couple have to contribute to rent or it’s too expensive.

Also, unless you’re married, people buy their own belongings.

It doesn’t matter who buys them if you’re married, as if you split, you each get half.

People don’t buy cars for people they’re not married to. That’s ridiculous. There is no financial security. If anyone is stupid enough to then they deserve to lose it. It’s completely different to renting living space.

You’re not making any sense. You have some weird ideas about the way the world works. Of corse I pay for lights and internet I don’t use. Because in flats, you share expenses. That’s the way life works when you live with people. If they leave lights on all day for no reason, you ask them if they would mind turning them off please. You don’t have a tantrum and refuse to pay the bill like a baby.

Who owns a house at 30 anyway? How cheap are houses in America? Is it that easy? You need at least $250000 as a deposit here before you can even think about owning one. To have one with no debt you have to be a millionaire.

I know several people under 30 who own houses.

I'm not one of them because I made bad choices with my money :(

Wow, you need $250000 just for the deposit? Over here just $25000 would be enough.

If life is that easy in America, I really cannot see what people are moaning about. $25,000? That’s crazily low.

I wouldn't know since I live in Australia. I know a guy who bought a three bedroom house using a $17,000 deposit. The house itself cost just under $300,000.

If you need a $250,000 deposit the house itself must cost three or four million dollars. Is life so hard in New Zealand that a basic house costs millions of dollars?

In this city, yes. But it’s where the jobs are. In tiny towns you can get a 3 bedroom house for $200000 but not anywhere near here, or any city with decent jobs available. I moved here because I could not get a decent job somewhere smaller.

1 bedroom here is 500,000. This would mean about 600-700 a week which I cannot even afford, and I earn a salary that is not minimum wage. The thought of one half of a couple not paying rent for the space they’re using is an absolute disgrace. Good thing most men don’t think like Sly.

New Zealand is too expensive! 8O Ok not everyone in Australia lives in the city but we can at least get a 3 bedroom house in the suburbs within easy commuting distance of the CBD for $300,000.

Is the rent super expensive? Do you at least have fast internet there?

The rent is so expensive, that unless you’re a couple, you’re forced to live with other people. I’ve been talking to a councillor about how hard it is to make it work financially if you want to be on your own.

Fast internet is available in some areas. It’s rolling out now.

City apartments are less than 50m sq and are over half a million. A house on the city fringe is at least $1m. The worst areas with gangs and poverty outside the city fringe have houses ranging between probably 400k and 500k

Living with other people? I would hate that. Here it's quite possible for a single person to rent alone in a low crime suburb.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

18 Oct 2017, 8:06 am

sly279 wrote:
SilverBoltsisWmax wrote:
You know this whole thread is kinda pointless. Sly and whoever else, if you really want a girl who is loyal, and does traditional things, just go down the redpill path. It's pretty much 100% gonna work provided you don't get oneitis, or have ethical standards when it comes to game.

I have female friends who admit how good it is. I just can't use it because it makes me think less of humanity.

I’m slightly considering checking some redpill forums out. I wonder if perhaps they’d be more understanding and comforting to me.
I wouldn’t not be able to do red pill stuff. I can’t neg women. I won’t brake my morals and effical code. Not that I a lowly aspie would be able to preform the socializing requirements of playing the game.

You'll probably think this is silly but if you quit insulting yourself and putting yourself down you'd probably feel better and actually be able to have a foundation on which you could build a little bit of confidence and self acceptance on...self loathing isn't attractive to anyone would help mental health and your chances of potentially finding someone(even though you believe that chance is non-existant, could make it a little less non-existant) who knows.

hale_bopp
Veteran
Veteran

18 Oct 2017, 7:56 pm

RetroGamer87, the housing problem has become critical in large New Zealand cities. You definitely can’t afford to live alone here if you’re single and middle class. It’s getting to the point where the property market will have to crash or immigration will have to tighten, otherwise, you will end up with a few rich people making huge amounts of money, and everyone else living in poverty. There is a lot of pressure on the useless government to do something about it.

For this reason a lot of National voters ate starting to turn to labour.

DW_a_mom
Veteran
Veteran

18 Oct 2017, 8:17 pm

Outrider wrote:
DW_a_mom wrote:
Outrider wrote:
Hale_bopp:

There are no Australians on the Internet.

Literally. I very very rarely come across any online and those that do live halfway across the country.

Retro gamer and Raleigh is the only other Australians on wrongplanet and he is very, very far away.

Volunteering at pet shops, I have allergies.

University library. Hobby groups, not bad ideas.

Making male friends for me has always been useless. Every.male friend ive ever had ive been best with girls which isn't saying much.

I tend to end up friends with awkward, antisocial males who don't have any age appropriate sisters or cousins either.

I find myself incompatible with the very.males.who are better at being friends with and knowing girls. I've tried being friends with more social and popular males, just doesn't work out.

I think its stupid and dangerous to have flatmates you don't or barely know.

You could get beaten, raped, robbed, murdered.

I know single girls from.high school who advertise looking for a flatmate, how foolish is that? Even if it'd only other women you can't trust other women either.

Anyway in fairly.mistrusting of others in general and definitely wouldn't actually live with someone like that.

As for a job, I'm on disability. As for drivi . My anxiety is severe.

I would have crashed at 16, my mental health was worse then now.

I can barely even volunteer . THAT is how bad my mental health is.

As for study, I'm on disability Im not permitted from the government to, which is bullcrap.

I can study just fine, its wrling I can't really do yet.

And.no I don't think your dad toigh pove attitude would have helped.

My life is so easy, yet I barely.make it through the day mentally as it is.

Forced to get a job as soon as I graduated would have DESTROYED me.

While we were getting me on disability I was so scared if they said no, I was having occasional panic attacks.

So it's either I get to study but must spend hours a week job hunting and going to stressful appointments each week for hours or volunteer in my comfortable limit, slowly learn to drive . Take advantage of disability support services to help me move out, continue therapy.

I refuse to take.meds they screw with my mental and physical health.

I am sorry you have things so difficult.

The reality is that now isn't the time to think about relationships. While one of the beautiful things about relationships is that two broken people will find acceptance with each other (most people are broken in one way or another, some just hide it better), broken can also mean you aren't in the right life space to be able to sustain a relationship. I am not saying you don't deserve a relationship, because I definitely think you do and hope you will someday have one. Just I personally do not believe now is the time. You have work to do for yourself and by yourself. I was once in a space where that was what I needed, as well: to do work by myself and for myself. Until you pass through this phase all other discussion and brainstorming is extraneous, in my opinion. All you are doing is adding stress and anxiety. Turn your focus to your mental health, 100%, and get that solved. It is the clear and obvious step, as well as something you wrote earlier you want to do. So do it. Don't let discussions like this one distract and confuse you. Take the step you know you need to take and want to take: improve your mental health.

My social isolation is the biggest hinder on improving my mental health.

Of all problems I experience, body image issues, low self worth. Fear/hopeless for the future. Loneliness takes the biggest chunk of time thinking about it out of my day.

Getting a positive relationship in the form of good friends or a girlfriend will help cure or decrease my levels of social.isolation. that's a fact.

Therefore, I don't see why seeking a relationship right.now would.not help.my mental health.

In fact its friends I want more but I can't.meet any male friends anywhere either it seems.

All.my attenpts at improvjing my mental.health have been slowed dwn or prevented due to the looming sense of loneliness.

The loneliness should be the priority right.now as it interferes with every other area of my mental health too.

I recently experienced a traumatic event with long time trusted family. We(me and my parents) no longer trust them and have cut them off but that just.makes.me.more lonely.

I have no family.except the ones in this house. That's.not typical, that's or of the norm.

I think you've locked yourself into a quandary. If you could find a healthy(non-catfish) on-line relationship that could work in your situation, but I don't see how you would envision a real life one happening. If you are happy with the idea of an on-line only relationship, go for it. I am sure you would enjoy the mental support. Just be careful; its a super tricky area, because it is too easy for people to lie.

My personal opinion remains that you should deal with mental health first. If you have to admit yourself for residential treatment then that is what I would do. I think it is very difficult to form healthy relationships when you aren't who you need to be. Unhealthy relationships will only make things worse for you.