Page 1 of 1 [ 12 posts ] 

Sarahsmith
Veteran
Veteran

13 Oct 2017, 10:55 am

Ever since I attempted suicide it weakend my body and I have had a few accidents where I pooped in my pants. It suddenly occured to me that if I get sick with diarreah this problem wil get worse. Much much worse. I read some online stories of this happening to people where they get poop everywhere and I can see it happening to me. I know it will happen someday. I orderd adult diapers just incase. When it happens I wonder if Ill be able to deal with it as I live alone. It makes me want to move into a group home but I heard they are terrible. This has been making me depressed. Its so hard to be happy and then this. Ive been worrying about it constantly. Who wants to go around thinking about poo all day? Ive been regretting this suicide attempt, thinking about how much better life would be right now if it werent for this problem.

Sarahsmith
Veteran
Veteran

13 Oct 2017, 10:57 am

Im especially afraid ill get poop in my bed. I know it will happen some day. Ive been dreading it. My bed is supposed to be my sanctuary. Not a dirty mess to clean up.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

13 Oct 2017, 12:35 pm

My wife recently pooped in her bed. And she's a nurse!

All you can do, Sarah, is clean it up.

If you have a washing machine in your home....it's a no-brainer.

Just try to make sure it doesn't seek into the mattress. Maybe buy a mattress cover?

Sarahsmith
Veteran
Veteran

13 Oct 2017, 1:44 pm

I have a mattress pad that my mama bought me. If it werent for her I never would have thought about it. I was told by someone in the mental health department that if I get sick to call mental health or go to the hospital. I dont know if they would let me stay at the hospital just for being sick. I had to fight tooth and nail just to get commited to the mental hospital when it was seriouse.

Sarahsmith
Veteran
Veteran

13 Oct 2017, 1:50 pm

My bedroom floor is a dark brown so Im afraid I wont see any poo if it gets on the floor. Good greif.

nurseangela
Veteran
Veteran

13 Oct 2017, 2:49 pm

In the hospital we have patients who are unable to get out of bed to poop so what we use are one pad for the bed that is disposable and the patient will wear a disposable adult diaper. That way there are two things protecting against any accidents and they are disposable. You will then be able to get a good sleep without worrying about it and have a quick cleanup that is better contained. I would also put a waterproof mattress pad on the bed.

Your neurodiverse (Aspie) score: 83 of 200
Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 153 of 200 You are very likely neurotypical
Darn, I flunked.

Sarahsmith
Veteran
Veteran

13 Oct 2017, 2:56 pm

Yeah the matress pad I have isnt water proof so good idea. Not sure where to get disposable pads for the bed. Would a drugstore sell them?

nurseangela
Veteran
Veteran

13 Oct 2017, 3:56 pm

You can get everything on Amazon and they ship discreetly. Another place would be a medical supply store.

Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 153 of 200 You are very likely neurotypical
Darn, I flunked.

Sarahsmith
Veteran
Veteran

13 Oct 2017, 3:58 pm

Okay thankyou.

nurseangela
Veteran
Veteran

13 Oct 2017, 4:03 pm

I wouldn't let it depress you. A lot of people have these problems - even me. I had to depend on Depends when I had pneumonia. I was coughing so much and so hard that I had no sphincter left to hold in urine. :mrgreen: It took me awhile to get it back cause I had the cough for several months. What a mess.

Darn, I flunked.

Spyoon
Raven
Raven

13 Oct 2017, 4:17 pm

I find the best way to alleviate anxiety over something is to study it, and wikipedia is a nice place to start!
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fecal_inc ... Management
Look fecal incontinence is a fairly common problem , you are definitely not alone in this.
It might be a little uncomfortable for you discussing it with a medical professional , but it is just part of the job for them!

Sarahsmith
Veteran
Veteran

13 Oct 2017, 5:16 pm

Thankyou. Couldnt find waterproof mattress covers for a single bed at the mall. Maybe Walmart will have them. I cant order anything online myself because I cant afford it. Might be able to get my aunt to order things I need online.

I would hate for my poo to get into the mattress.