Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

dragonsanddemons
Veteran
Veteran

14 Oct 2017, 6:46 pm

I've noticed that my blood seems to clot significantly faster than most people's, and I was wondering if that might mean I'd be more prone to blood clots where they shouldn't be. Should I wait and mention it the next time I'm at the doctor's for a checkup, or should I make an appointment sooner to have it checked out?

Yet in my new wildness and freedom I almost welcome the bitterness of alienage. For although nepenthe has calmed me, I know always that I am an outsider; a stranger in this century and among those who are still men.
-H. P. Lovecraft, "The Outsider"

RetroGamer87
Veteran
Veteran

13 Nov 2017, 12:58 am

Maybe but look on the bright side. It means you're not a haemophiliac.

dragonsanddemons
Veteran
Veteran

13 Nov 2017, 2:27 am

Yep, that's true, but blood clots inside the body can be very dangerous. That's what I'm afraid of.

Yet in my new wildness and freedom I almost welcome the bitterness of alienage. For although nepenthe has calmed me, I know always that I am an outsider; a stranger in this century and among those who are still men.
-H. P. Lovecraft, "The Outsider"

renaeden
Veteran
Veteran

10 Dec 2017, 8:09 am

My blood clots easily because I have something called prothrombin gene mutation (yeah I'm a mutant). So I can't take the contraceptive pill and on long trips I have to make sure I get up and walk around at regular intervals.

My twin has it even worse, she also has lupus anticoagulant. Double whammy.

If you're worried, talk to your doctor. It's just a blood test and then you'll know. Good luck.