I just made an awkward mistake. Help!

Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

EscapingTheCrowd
Butterfly
Butterfly

13 Oct 2017, 10:53 pm

This morning I went into the bathroom to wash my hands (I'm really freaked out about germs) and after I finished I turned the light off and left. Then I hear a voice from the bathroom saying "why'd you have to turn the light out?" (the bathroom has a stall that separates the sink from the toilet.)
I said "sorry I didn't know you were in there!"
They say "it's so dark, I can't see s**t in here!"
Then I hear them walk to the sink and wash their hands.
I get my stuff and quickly leave my dorm because I am almost late for class. After leaving, I realize I should have just went back into the bathroom and turned the light back on. I didn't realize that before, I was embarrassed and I guess instinctively didn't want to go back into the bathroom, but I could have solved the problem by just going back and turning the light back on. If they had just said 'can you turn the light back on?' I obviously would have done that, but I guess because I was distracted, the obvious thing to do just slipped by me? Anyway, I'm worried they're going to think I'm a huge as*hole and think of some way to retaliate.
What should I do?

Nekomonster
Toucan
Toucan

14 Oct 2017, 9:46 pm

Don't worry too much about a little incident like that. Do you know who it was/do they know you? If that's the case, maybe apologize to them. If you don't know them at all...again, don't worry about it.

ms.utopia
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

21 Oct 2017, 10:34 pm

Well don't worry. I don't think they will remember about it. Unless if you made some terrible mistakes, you could try to find them, apologize, and explain why you did that.

What you did was a common mistake, unintended and everyone could do it too. So don't worry. Cheer up!

Hyeokgeose
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

24 Oct 2017, 2:55 am

Hey,

You will be just fine. Oh my, the embarrassing moments I've had that compare to that, I can totally relate! This might be one of those experiences you might think back on in humor. You will cheer up I bet! All is good. :heart:

Regards,
Jared

"It’s not until they tell you you’re going to die soon that you realize how short life is. Time is the most valuable thing in life because it never comes back. And whether you spend it in the arms of a loved one or alone in a prison-cell, life is what you make of it. Dream big."
-Stefán Karl Stefánsson
10 July, 1975 - 21 August, 2018.