Is it possible for an aspie to be a sociopath too?

Page 1 of 2 [ 22 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

14 Oct 2017, 8:08 pm

wanderlust77 wrote:
babybird wrote:
wanderlust77 wrote:
Psychopaths and sociopaths lack affective empathy. This means that they cannot “feel” your pain. In contrast, people with Aspegerger’s syndrome lack cognitive empathy. This means that they have trouble to understand people’s intentions, but their emotional capacity to feel is intact.

The person in question would have to be high functioning, maybe so high functioning that it would look to the outside world like they don’t have asperger’s. They would have to have some form of high cognitive empathy which is not impossible, but its rare. They would have to be good with social skills or at least be good at faking. Some Asperger traits would be absent such as lack of social skills, affective empathy, social awkwardness, lack of theory of mind, guilt, remorse, and social anxiety. simply by necessity for sociopathy to be expressed, which isn’t impossible but rare. They would have to have the trauma that leads to sociopathy of course. They would also have to have the genes for Sociopathy.

This is why I think it's mutually exclusive or very rare.

If high functioning asperger’s is 2% of the population, and sociopathy is lets say 2% of the population, in order for it to be comorbid it would be about 0.04 percent likely. Not impossible but incredibly rare and improbable.

I just read that on a different website.

What a coincidence.

Not really. I copy/pasted it.

If you didn't write it, you should link to the source.

Daughter: NT, no diagnoses.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

14 Oct 2017, 8:09 pm

The Banana Splits!

SaveFerris
Veteran
Veteran

14 Oct 2017, 11:02 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:
The Banana Splits!

:wink:

Hypocrisy is the greatest luxury. Raise the double standard

SaveFerris
Veteran
Veteran

14 Oct 2017, 11:05 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:
The Banana Splits!

Was that just a really random comment ? or did my sig make you say that :wink:

Insertcoolname
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

14 Oct 2017, 11:36 pm

Of course it is. I know one. Lol after many years of friendship ive come to realize this person seems to have examined human psychology, relationship needs, facial microexpressions, etc....from a detached scientific sort of view in order to study and exploit most of the people they meet. I can attest its totally possible that a person can understand what empathy is AND willfully show proper human responses to appear normal in order to stay under most inattentive peoples radar Lol but said person doesnt feel a thing.

RAADS:~170

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

15 Oct 2017, 7:52 am

I used to like Snork :D

Kids used to say Oh Oh, Chongo because of the segment called Danger Island. I thought they said Oh Oh, Jungle.

SaveFerris
Veteran
Veteran

15 Oct 2017, 8:11 am

kraftiekortie wrote:
I used to like Snork :D

Kids used to say Oh Oh, Chongo because of the segment called Danger Island. I thought they said Oh Oh, Jungle.

I can't remember who my fav was , probably Bingo although Fleagle sticks in my mind more :lol:
Off topic comments yet again :lol: I feel like that's all I do here :roll: I wonder how may people find this annoying :?: