Focusrite Scarlett Solo 2nd no audio

Page 1 of 1 [ 9 posts ] 

Taylord
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

14 Oct 2017, 11:24 pm

so i bought this audio interface, hooked it up downloaded the drivers, and there's no sound coming from any daw, or video that i play on the internet. anyone know any way of fixing this?

whatamievendoing
Veteran
Veteran

15 Oct 2017, 4:27 am

The only explanation I can think of is that you don't have it set up as your primary audio device. Do that and let me know if it helped at all.

Or just unplug it and then plug it back in. The "turn it off and on again" is a method that's been known to fix nearly any issue imaginable.

Chronos
Veteran
Veteran

15 Oct 2017, 4:40 am

Taylord wrote:
so i bought this audio interface, hooked it up downloaded the drivers, and there's no sound coming from any daw, or video that i play on the internet. anyone know any way of fixing this?

The focus rite is seen by your computer as another potential audio i/o device and you will have to go in to your computer audio settings and be sure you have the proper devices selected for recording and playback. You will typically also have to designate these devices in the recording programs you use.

Taylord
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

15 Oct 2017, 12:26 pm

my speaker setting say i have scarlett selected, and on my sound devices scarlett is selected and the green bar is playing when a video is playing, but i don't hear anything. also, i only have the usb cable connected into the audio interface.

Taylord
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

15 Oct 2017, 12:38 pm

okay. i found the problem and i feel really stupid. sound device mentions a specific audio jack and nothing was in it. when i put my speaker cable there, i got audio. clearly i shouldn't pursue a job in computers

Taylord
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

15 Oct 2017, 5:31 pm

so i lost audio again, but then i put one of my speak plugs into it and now i only got audio for that one speaker. i can't use the other speaker, because it doesn't have a cord that fits and the cords it does have is hardwired into the speaker. i don't know what to do

Taylord
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

15 Oct 2017, 6:43 pm

i have a logitech z323

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

15 Oct 2017, 10:45 pm

I have FocusRite Saffire Pro-14 and it's probably even more touchy - ie. it's firewire and I used to have real headaches from driver conflict.

I think the advice you got above was good - ie. always check the selected status, your speakers need to run out from the unit rather than your computer, and when/if all else fails turn the volume down momentarily to unplug/replug or restart things.

BTW - out of curiosity what DAW did you go with? I knew you were looking around for something, just never heard wat you ended up with.

“Love takes off the masks that we fear we cannot live without and know we cannot live within. I use the word "love" here not merely in the personal sense but as a state of being, or a state of grace - not in the infantile American sense of being made happy but in the tough and universal sense of quest and daring and growth.” - James Baldwin

Chronos
Veteran
Veteran

16 Oct 2017, 12:28 am

Taylord wrote:
so i lost audio again, but then i put one of my speak plugs into it and now i only got audio for that one speaker. i can't use the other speaker, because it doesn't have a cord that fits and the cords it does have is hardwired into the speaker. i don't know what to do

On the back of the focus right there are two audio output jacks, one for the left speaker and one for the right speaker. Are you saying that you have two different speakers and only one fits in the jack? If so, you can buy an adapter for the other speaker.

Or, are you saying that you have two speakers that are wired together and only one has a wire that plugs in to the jack?