Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

Snacks
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

15 Oct 2017, 12:08 am

Hey there! I've been kinda lurking around this site for the last while, but I've decided now to be more public.

I was diagnosed with high-functioning autism when I was still a baby, and have had for various times in my life had mixed anxiety-depression, which thankfully therapy and medication have helped a lot with more recently. I never really came to terms with my ASD since, thanks to my low self-image, I've blamed my failures and struggles in life and study, particularly in my childhood, on my being different. Even now I'm still not entirely sure what to feel about my ASD, but I at least am becoming more comfortable with who I am as a person. My long-time faith as a Christian has helped me big time too, especially where I was more unaware of how I felt about myself.

I'm in my last year or so studying for my linguistics major; linguistics: I've been infatuated with ever since high school. So I study languages and linguistics even in my spare time, while working on my own languages (or conlangs as they are often known as in conlanging communities).

I hope to get to know you guys! :alien:

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

16 Oct 2017, 3:20 pm

Welcome to Wrong Planet! :)

Nuttyshelf
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

17 Oct 2017, 1:19 am

Snacks wrote:
Hey there! I've been kinda lurking around this site for the last while, but I've decided now to be more public.

I was diagnosed with high-functioning autism when I was still a baby, and have had for various times in my life had mixed anxiety-depression, which thankfully therapy and medication have helped a lot with more recently. I never really came to terms with my ASD since, thanks to my low self-image, I've blamed my failures and struggles in life and study, particularly in my childhood, on my being different. Even now I'm still not entirely sure what to feel about my ASD, but I at least am becoming more comfortable with who I am as a person. My long-time faith as a Christian has helped me big time too, especially where I was more unaware of how I felt about myself.

I'm in my last year or so studying for my linguistics major; linguistics: I've been infatuated with ever since high school. So I study languages and linguistics even in my spare time, while working on my own languages (or conlangs as they are often known as in conlanging communities).

I hope to get to know you guys! :alien:

Hi Snacks, I am glad you finally joined the forums. Thanks for sharing your experience.