Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

UnknownWanderer
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

15 Oct 2017, 1:39 pm

Hey people! Even though I just joined, I've occasionally found myself lurking this forum a fair number of times over the past several years or so. I'd search various things on the internet either related to myself or psychology (I'm quite passionate about it!). I'm in my 20's and have completed all of the requirements for a B.S. in psychology, although I've not *technically* graduated just yet.
I have a history of mental health issues and treatment. I am still in treatment now, although I'm about to look for another therapist b/c I can't see my old one any more :(. I have been Dx'd with depression, generalized anxiety, ADHD-Inattentive type (told that I'm "borderline hyperactive"), and OCD. I am on a rather large number of medications, both for mental health problems and dysautonomia (I was diagnosed with POTS last fall).
On top of all of this, during my most recent session with my psychiatrist and the one before that, he asked me if anyone had talked to me about the possibility that I have Asperger's. He is the first to say that, although I've accepted that I have *some* traits for quite a while now. He said that he is about as sure as he can be without interviewing family that I have it. I know my family wouldn't believe it :cry: .

I'm excited to be here! :D

Temeraire
Veteran
Veteran

15 Oct 2017, 5:47 pm

Hello, Nice to meet you. I am an excited new addition to this family and also into psychology.

TheAP
Veteran
Veteran

15 Oct 2017, 6:36 pm

Welcome to WP! :D

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

16 Oct 2017, 3:18 pm

Welcome to Wrong Planet! :D

Nuttyshelf
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

17 Oct 2017, 1:21 am

UnknownWanderer wrote:
Hey people! Even though I just joined, I've occasionally found myself lurking this forum a fair number of times over the past several years or so. I'd search various things on the internet either related to myself or psychology (I'm quite passionate about it!). I'm in my 20's and have completed all of the requirements for a B.S. in psychology, although I've not *technically* graduated just yet.
I have a history of mental health issues and treatment. I am still in treatment now, although I'm about to look for another therapist b/c I can't see my old one any more :(. I have been Dx'd with depression, generalized anxiety, ADHD-Inattentive type (told that I'm "borderline hyperactive"), and OCD. I am on a rather large number of medications, both for mental health problems and dysautonomia (I was diagnosed with POTS last fall).
On top of all of this, during my most recent session with my psychiatrist and the one before that, he asked me if anyone had talked to me about the possibility that I have Asperger's. He is the first to say that, although I've accepted that I have *some* traits for quite a while now. He said that he is about as sure as he can be without interviewing family that I have it. I know my family wouldn't believe it :cry: .

I'm excited to be here! :D

Welcome to the forums UnknowWanderer. I hope you will have a wonderful stay here.