Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

fifasy
Veteran
Veteran

15 Oct 2017, 7:23 pm

My dad was mean to me all the time so I felt I had no choice but to leave my mother and father's home and get my own apartment. The one the local government area has given me, I am finding hard to live in.

I can hear bangs from neighbouring apartments even heavy footsteps, I am scared.

I can't sleep at the moment. I wish I could find somewhere nice to live. I feel like there are too many insensitive people in this world. Or I am too sensitive but i cant seem to change. I was told by the government agent that this apartment had the latest soundproofing, which seems a lie now.

I feel really alone. My mother has been my only friend for years and now I am away from her I don't talk to people much. I try but anxiety is too bad. I have a support worker visit w few times a week the social worker arranged but I don't always feel right with her, anyway she cancelled visits last week due to a crisis, and I was offered no replacement, and I felt I needed support so it was difficult.

I suppose ear plugs might help though I bought some a while ago and they fall out too easily.

garysoneji
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

15 Oct 2017, 7:28 pm

Get a box fan and take a sleep aid, like melatonin or an allergy pill with the active ingredient Diphenhydramine HCl (normal sleeping pills are also acceptable).

fifasy
Veteran
Veteran

16 Oct 2017, 12:01 pm

garysoneji wrote:
Get a box fan and take a sleep aid, like melatonin or an allergy pill with the active ingredient Diphenhydramine HCl (normal sleeping pills are also acceptable).

I might try a box fan. Good idea. :D

Holli
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

19 Oct 2017, 11:31 am

fifasy wrote:
garysoneji wrote:

I might try a box fan. Good idea. :D

They help a LOT with blocking out sounds. I've been using a box fan at night for probably 20 years. It's very difficult for me to sleep without one since I'm a light sleeper and small noises wake me up.

This_Amoeba
Veteran
Veteran

26 Oct 2017, 6:52 pm

Ear plugs can feel irritating and itchy after a while so noise blocking headphones might work better. The more furniture and soft things in your house, the more noise it absorbs. If you have hard wood floors, you should put down rugs or carpet, which should make a significant difference noise wise. Also curtains too, they help with noise. Maybe you can sound proof the walls yourself using egg carton or other materials. Just Google "DIY sound proofing".