Do you think you could eat until morbidly obese...

Page 3 of 3 [ 40 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

could you
yes 25%  25%  [ 6 ]
no 75%  75%  [ 18 ]
Total votes : 24

Kiriae
Veteran
Veteran

04 Nov 2017, 12:09 pm

Impossible.
I have trouble gaining weight at all because I am unable to overeat or even eat an "normal" amount. I get bored easily by eating the same thing for more than a few minutes and also easily get full, despite not eating much.
Perhaps I could gain some weight if I were a taste tester. But it would require a wide choice of food samples.

RetroGamer87
Veteran
Veteran

04 Nov 2017, 3:59 pm

Kiriae wrote:
Impossible.
I have trouble gaining weight at all because I am unable to overeat or even eat an "normal" amount. I get bored easily by eating the same thing for more than a few minutes and also easily get full, despite not eating much.
Perhaps I could gain some weight if I were a taste tester. But it would require a wide choice of food samples.

I get so jealous of naturally thin people! :lol:
I gain weight if I even look at food!

My aunt told me about a study she read which concluded that naturally thin people do not have the mythical "fast metabolism" but they simply have less appetite.

In this study they took naturally thin people and put them on the same diet a normal person would eat. Two things happened. 1. They gained weight. 2. They felt overly full and had difficulty eating the normal person's diet.

I've got an appetite like a hippopotamus. I used to be morbidly obese. Through much effort I've managed to keep my weight in the slightly overweight category for the last 4 years.

starkid
Veteran
Veteran

04 Nov 2017, 4:14 pm

RetroGamer87 wrote:
I've got an appetite like a hippopotamus. I used to be morbidly obese. Through much effort I've managed to keep my weight in the slightly overweight category for the last 4 years.

Have you tried eating a lot of vegetables? I've found that I'm much hungrier when I don't eat veggies.

Closet Genious
Veteran
Veteran

04 Nov 2017, 4:18 pm

RetroGamer87 wrote:
Kiriae wrote:
Impossible.

I get so jealous of naturally thin people! :lol:
I gain weight if I even look at food!

My aunt told me about a study she read which concluded that naturally thin people do not have the mythical "fast metabolism" but they simply have less appetite.

In this study they took naturally thin people and put them on the same diet a normal person would eat. Two things happened. 1. They gained weight. 2. They felt overly full and had difficulty eating the normal person's diet.

I'd say that sounds right.

The formulas we have for calculating basal metabolic rate and estimates for energy expenditure actually tend to be fairly accurate.

Anecdotally, when putting your study "in reverse", obese people tend to be very suprised when they figure out how many calories they're actually consuming. Most people are very bad at calculating their calorie intake, but this is especially true for obese people.

RetroGamer87
Veteran
Veteran

04 Nov 2017, 8:08 pm

starkid wrote:
RetroGamer87 wrote:

Have you tried eating a lot of vegetables? I've found that I'm much hungrier when I don't eat veggies.

That's a good idea.

shortfatbalduglyman
Veteran
Veteran

08 Nov 2017, 9:03 pm

my personality is extreme. either all or nothing. not much moderation.

emotional gorging

greedy

gluttonous

selfish

lazy

bored

nothing better to do

not many other methods to soothe self. not into drugs/alcohol/smoking. no precious lil "friends". $$ minimum

gorging is the most convenient method to soothe self. and might be the cheapest

the other problem is that you can't just quit eating cold turkey. it is a fine distinction between eating too much and not enough

so yes i could eat until morbidly obese

and i would enjoy the process

so many foods i have not eaten for years. that i love. or used to love. too much fat. afraid of fat.

clam chowder, ice cream, fried chicken, mashed potatoes, berry bread, muffins, scones, falafel, veggie burgers, hash brown, french fries. hamburger. cheddar.

seriously there are a lot more foods that i want to eat, that i do not let myself eat bc of fear of fat. than the foods that i do eat.

but no matter what i do i am still not looking skinny.

i feel like such a loser.

no matter how much i studied, still flunked classes.

no matter how much i compromised still lost precious lil "Friends"

no matter what i eat, still not skinny

jealous, envy resentment. hate. precious lil "people" that are naturally skinny, smart, handsome

waste so much time walking around, just to attempt to burn a couple calories

but all i get is tired and bored

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

09 Nov 2017, 12:32 am

the only thing protecting me [as it did my mother before me] is GERD.

metaldanielle
Veteran
Veteran

09 Nov 2017, 2:30 am

xxZeromancerlovexx wrote:
This may be off topic but you have a really nice figure. You don't look unhealthy at all.

I'm not really sure what Ensure and Boost are but they sound like something I wouldn't touch with a ten foot pole.

Thank you for the compliment, but my picture is outdated. I was mildly obese in that pic, just wearing it well.

As for my health, you can't see it from the outside.

naturalplastic wrote:
A healthy person drinking more than one can of Ensure at a sitting probably would puke.

LOL probably. Would you believe I actually got bad enough to crave the stuff?