Everything is out of my control and I'm freaking out!

Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

Embla
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

16 Oct 2017, 3:34 am

I've been freaking out for two days. Since my boyfriend announced that he's moving out. That's actually a good thing. We live in a tiny caravan, and can't stand the constant presence of each other. So it would actually be a huge relief for both of us.
The problem is that he refuses to tell me WHEN he's moving. He doesn't even know himself, and for him (who's NT by the way) it's not a big deal at all. it's just "Why do you have to know? It could be tomorrow, could be in two weeks. Why does it matter? Can't you just look forward to getting to be alone, eventually?"
NO I CAN'T! How am I supposed to look forward to something that I don't know how or when it's going to happen? I have no idea how the nearest future is going to be. If he's going to be here or not, if the dog is going to be here, whether or not I have to spend time walking her, how much food I have to buy, how much work I'm going to be able to get done, how much sleep I'm going to get.... I have so many extra things to do this week anyway, which is making me even more nervous.
Him being here effects everything, and him moving out is a huge change, which I have no control over whatsoever, and I have no idea how to stay calm.
Me being in this mood makes him really annoyed too, which is doubling the preassure.
What do I do?
How can I handle this??

Ragnahawk
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

16 Oct 2017, 6:43 am

Your doing it wrong. Focus on your hobby intensely. That is our main way of coping with stress. What is it? Working out? Sci novels? Video games? Quit making it personal attack on you! Life is life. You will live, you will make it through this I have hope.

I've migrated over to autismforums. PM me for anything, although I'm better contacted over at autismforums.

Embla
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

16 Oct 2017, 8:23 am

Thank you! You're absolutely right!
I was too out of focus to realize that obvious solution.
My interests are art and fungi, so I better go paint some mushrooms right away!

Thanks for directing me to the right track.

Ragnahawk
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

18 Oct 2017, 3:31 pm

Embla wrote:
Thank you! You're absolutely right!
I was too out of focus to realize that obvious solution.
My interests are art and fungi, so I better go paint some mushrooms right away!

Thanks for directing me to the right track.

Post them. It's fun

I've migrated over to autismforums. PM me for anything, although I'm better contacted over at autismforums.