Page 1 of 2 [ 22 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Ragnahawk
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

16 Oct 2017, 6:54 am

This is a issue that's been steadily getting worse and worse the more I stumble socially such as this forum real life and the army. Breathing. Imagining I'm in a far away place... doesn't cure the sense of dread. Like all of my logic is flawed or I am flawed in communicating it. Like I feel like life is meaningless and people are too stubborn and can't be helped. I could never off myself. It comes and goes. If the feeling never occurs I feel motivated to pursue my interests and learn. It might be that I am just mentally weary of studying too much crap or going into too much psychological debate stuff. It's affecting my sleep. I seem to have no interest. Barely enough to want to eat. Anxiety. What are some suggestions that can help that actually work and not just a pill excuse?

I've migrated over to autismforums. PM me for anything, although I'm better contacted over at autismforums.

fifasy
Veteran
Veteran

16 Oct 2017, 7:49 am

How about taking up a new side interest? Psychology is a heady subject. Something more relaxing maybe? You could get binoculars and a book about birds and do some birdwatching, there are camera binoculars you can buy now too to make it easier to remember the birds you saw.

Sarahsmith
Veteran
Veteran

16 Oct 2017, 1:41 pm

Excersize helps eleviate anxiety and helps you sleep better. You could try going for walks.

Ragnahawk
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

21 Oct 2017, 6:52 pm

I'm in the army, I already do excercise.....................................................................................................................I don't have any interests in other hobbies.

I don't know. It's just I can't get away from being labeled as defective. I screw something up by changing one little habit, or by following a habit and my world comes crashing down on me. I get taken advantage of for my ability to preform, but I don't get any credit for it. I'm just a bad egg. Spoiled. Thrown away.

I've migrated over to autismforums. PM me for anything, although I'm better contacted over at autismforums.

shortfatbalduglyman
Veteran
Veteran

21 Oct 2017, 8:43 pm

maybe you are correct, in that "life is meaningless and people are too stubborn and can't be helped."

you can't measure stubbornness. some people are more stubborn than others, about certain things, at certain times.

sometimes, providing specific job skills, resources, or cash, to someone, could help them. however, the word "help" makes it sound like the "after" situation is better than the "before" situation. and what is better, is subjective.

for example, a stranger gave me a fifty dollar bill. she "helped" me get the Epicurean Solutions curried tofu and Clif bars, among other merchandise. and that "helped" the grocery store. but maybe she was :wink: enabling :roll: me by making me :D codependent :D . and maybe she 8O helped :mrgreen: me make more fat cells. it is impossible to know.

the results of your actions are not always immediate, direct, physical, or obvious.

for example, when i was 12 years old, a stampede of junior high school reptiles had the nerve to physically assault me at the bus stop.

they did not injure me, but they easily could have. they scared me profoundly. every day i think about it. every day since then. and i am 34 years old.

so.

but after they "cared" about me (the dictionary definition of "care" is "to attend to. "care" does not refer to outcome, intention, legality, or morality. just resources wasted). then i gorged on Kit Kats. and doing so "helped" Safeway and Nestle.

so, those precious lil "people" inadvertently and indirectly "helped" Nestle and Safeway.

:heart:

Ragnahawk
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

21 Oct 2017, 9:02 pm

shortfatbalduglyman wrote:
maybe you are correct, in that "life is meaningless and people are too stubborn and can't be helped."

you can't measure stubbornness. some people are more stubborn than others, about certain things, at certain times.

sometimes, providing specific job skills, resources, or cash, to someone, could help them. however, the word "help" makes it sound like the "after" situation is better than the "before" situation. and what is better, is subjective.

for example, a stranger gave me a fifty dollar bill. she "helped" me get the Epicurean Solutions curried tofu and Clif bars, among other merchandise. and that "helped" the grocery store. but maybe she was :wink: enabling :roll: me by making me :D codependent :D . and maybe she 8O helped :mrgreen: me make more fat cells. it is impossible to know.

the results of your actions are not always immediate, direct, physical, or obvious.

for example, when i was 12 years old, a stampede of junior high school reptiles had the nerve to physically assault me at the bus stop.

they did not injure me, but they easily could have. they scared me profoundly. every day i think about it. every day since then. and i am 34 years old.

so.

but after they "cared" about me (the dictionary definition of "care" is "to attend to. "care" does not refer to outcome, intention, legality, or morality. just resources wasted). then i gorged on Kit Kats. and doing so "helped" Safeway and Nestle.

so, those precious lil "people" inadvertently and indirectly "helped" Nestle and Safeway.

:heart:

^ I'm really good at selective reading. Agreeing with my perception of society is counter productive. I'm looking for answers related to the topic.

shortfatbalduglyman
Veteran
Veteran

21 Oct 2017, 9:51 pm

ragnahawk

a counselor told me to use a mantra. so, whenever i start obsessing about the past, or getting paranoid someone will rape me in the future, i think to myself the words "here and now".

"here and now" is my mantra.

the counselor told me to think "i did my best" (about past events), but there is no way to know or measure what was your "best". there were many times i felt that i did not do my best. the counselor told me to think "i will do better next time". but that doesn't make sense either. because you can't measure quality. that statement sounds more like a flimsy promise that a former precious lil "friend" made.

your job might make this inconvenient or impossible, but get adequate sleep and eat a healthful diet. or at least, get as much sleep as possible and eat as healthfully as possible.

Ragnahawk
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

22 Oct 2017, 2:18 am

shortfatbalduglyman wrote:
ragnahawk

a counselor told me to use a mantra. so, whenever i start obsessing about the past, or getting paranoid someone will rape me in the future, i think to myself the words "here and now".

"here and now" is my mantra.

the counselor told me to think "i did my best" (about past events), but there is no way to know or measure what was your "best". there were many times i felt that i did not do my best. the counselor told me to think "i will do better next time". but that doesn't make sense either. because you can't measure quality. that statement sounds more like a flimsy promise that a former precious lil "friend" made.

your job might make this inconvenient or impossible, but get adequate sleep and eat a healthful diet. or at least, get as much sleep as possible and eat as healthfully as possible.

I haven't tried a mantra before. Saying something to subliminally brainwash myself into following a set pattern.

shortfatbalduglyman
Veteran
Veteran

22 Oct 2017, 7:36 am

Ragnahawk

That was why I do not use "I did my best" or "I will do better next time" as the mantra

Mantra

Because, that might "subliminally brainwash".

The mantra "here and now" is like the statement "pay attention". It is a command, not a declarative statement. It is not true or false. It is not brainwashing.

For example it would behoove me to pay attention to the here and now so I do not unintentionally do something careless (that I otherwise would not have done,)

Grounding

Meditation

:D

Ragnahawk
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

22 Oct 2017, 10:58 am

I already meditate all the time in my head. I don't know what grounding is. Can you tell me your mantras?

Temeraire
Veteran
Veteran

22 Oct 2017, 6:44 pm

Ragnahawk wrote:
This is a issue that's been steadily getting worse and worse the more I stumble socially such as this forum real life and the army. Breathing. Imagining I'm in a far away place... doesn't cure the sense of dread. Like all of my logic is flawed or I am flawed in communicating it. Like I feel like life is meaningless and people are too stubborn and can't be helped. I could never off myself. It comes and goes. If the feeling never occurs I feel motivated to pursue my interests and learn. It might be that I am just mentally weary of studying too much crap or going into too much psychological debate stuff. It's affecting my sleep. I seem to have no interest. Barely enough to want to eat. Anxiety. What are some suggestions that can help that actually work and not just a pill excuse?

Hi Ragna,

I think you may have hit the nail on the head with being mentally weary and into too much psychological debate stuff. I too get this way if I have overloaded myself and then practice self-care.
Breathing is ok short-term if anxiety is present but long-term you may need a break or to take yourself away from the psychological stuff before you can really feel the tension.
I find your comments on here quite witty and they make me smile. You bring a breath of fresh air when others are being particularly rigid.
We are at risk of overloading our brain and end up with brain-strain so please bear this in mind.
If you strained a ligament what would you do?

Ragnahawk
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

22 Oct 2017, 7:53 pm

Temeraire wrote:
Ragnahawk wrote:

Hi Ragna,

I think you may have hit the nail on the head with being mentally weary and into too much psychological debate stuff. I too get this way if I have overloaded myself and then practice self-care.
Breathing is ok short-term if anxiety is present but long-term you may need a break or to take yourself away from the psychological stuff before you can really feel the tension.
I find your comments on here quite witty and they make me smile. You bring a breath of fresh air when others are being particularly rigid.
We are at risk of overloading our brain and end up with brain-strain so please bear this in mind.
If you strained a ligament what would you do?

I just can't find anything else to fill the silence......... maybe if I had a GF. :roll:

AspieSingleDad
Veteran
Veteran

23 Oct 2017, 5:52 am

After getting assessed with Asperger's, I'd go through periods of denying it and only a few months ago did I really and truly understand that I definitely have Asperger's. This realization occurred because I'm going through college in a physical therapy program and the stress and hard work caused me to have this realization. It sounds like in the army you're being challenged everyday physically and mentally, and your special interest is also challenging you mentally. You should find something that can relieve that stress.

Believe me, I know that can be easier said than done when you don't have a lot of free time and each day brings new challenges, or more work/studying. But sometimes you should have to take some time for you, and for relaxing.

Ragnahawk
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

23 Oct 2017, 10:09 am

AspieSingleDad wrote:
After getting assessed with Asperger's, I'd go through periods of denying it and only a few months ago did I really and truly understand that I definitely have Asperger's. This realization occurred because I'm going through college in a physical therapy program and the stress and hard work caused me to have this realization. It sounds like in the army you're being challenged everyday physically and mentally, and your special interest is also challenging you mentally. You should find something that can relieve that stress.

Believe me, I know that can be easier said than done when you don't have a lot of free time and each day brings new challenges, or more work/studying. But sometimes you should have to take some time for you, and for relaxing.

No see let me redirect you. People in the army have mostly regular jobs with the expectation of comforming. Having completed your duties you are expected to look like your working for the higher ups approvals. I have time off like every other person. It's just that I go back to the same repetition of faking it. That is my version of hell. I just wanted to do a damn good job and have no strings attached. I was told I would have many chances to screw up, guess what they go against the green on me. They use paperwork to solve ALL of their problems. Instead of being a goddamn human being.

Rant aside. I am looking for tricks or tactics. Not observations.

ms.utopia
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

23 Oct 2017, 8:04 pm

Hello, eating darkchocolate, berries, avocado probably can help.

AspieSingleDad
Veteran
Veteran

23 Oct 2017, 8:20 pm

Ragnahawk wrote:
AspieSingleDad wrote:

No see let me redirect you. People in the army have mostly regular jobs with the expectation of comforming. Having completed your duties you are expected to look like your working for the higher ups approvals. I have time off like every other person. It's just that I go back to the same repetition of faking it. That is my version of hell. I just wanted to do a damn good job and have no strings attached. I was told I would have many chances to screw up, guess what they go against the green on me. They use paperwork to solve ALL of their problems. Instead of being a goddamn human being.

Rant aside. I am looking for tricks or tactics. Not observations.

Sorry, I thought I provided solutions, not observations. That's the best I got. Good luck!