Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

17 Oct 2017, 10:11 am

I have been reading r/fatlogic and people there post screen shots of posts about overweight or obese people getting butt hurt about people talking about their weighty loss and they call it fatphobia when you decide to lose weight or mention it online how much you have lost because they see it as you hating fat people.

On a ABDL forum, someone posted about ABDL diaper companies not making ABDL diapers in their size and he mentioned his waist and it was 48 inches. He said he wrote to one of them requesting them to make XL diapers and they said there wasn't high enough demand for them to do that. I reply talking about how he should focus on losing weight instead and start giving him weight loss tips and telling him how I lost 14 lbs by what I did and a couple hours later, he deleted his post saying he was ridiculed and told what a fat slob he is. I never called him a fat slob in my post nor did I ever make fun of him. I only gave him advice about what do to about his dilemma of not finding AB/DL diapers in his size.

This was post post here BTW:

Quote:
When you said big, I thought you were talking about people who role play higher ages than toddler age. But you meant fat.

I would just lose the weight. Eat less by cutting out snacks and calorie drinks and only have water. I would also have smaller portions of food and start working out for at least a half hour every day and you don't need to go to the gym for it. There are work out videos on YouTube and you can do your work outs at home to tone your body. I lost 14 lbs this way even though I worked out three times a week and did the gym but I cut back on sweets. Focus on weight loss so you can fit into ABDL diapers.

Daughter: NT, no diagnoses.

starkid
Veteran
Veteran

17 Oct 2017, 10:16 pm

It is a sensitive topic for some people.

I used to read r/fatlogic and a lot of the posts are about the Fat Positive movement, which is MUCH worse than people just being sensitive about their weight.

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

18 Oct 2017, 1:42 am

starkid wrote:
It is a sensitive topic for some people.

I used to read r/fatlogic and a lot of the posts are about the Fat Positive movement, which is MUCH worse than people just being sensitive about their weight.

Members there post fatlogic stuff and their intention is to debunk it by sharing fatlogic posts they find online. That is how I learned all this stuff about how the majority are overweight because of how much they eat and how many people don't realize how much they eat. Secret Eaters has showed this. I also learned there that most people forget what they have eaten, underestimate calories or overestimate, have too big of portions, and TV shows about obesity show how much food they eat. People have actually lost weight from visiting that place because of truths they read and how they learned about calories in and calories out and learning to track their calories and all and people there also post sanity stuff that isn't fatlogic.

Daughter: NT, no diagnoses.

Closet Genious
Veteran
Veteran

18 Oct 2017, 3:04 am

I agree.

And it's wierd that we're so sensitive about a simple mathmatical equation.

Kiki1256
Veteran
Veteran

08 Nov 2017, 7:50 pm

Maybe it’s because we see fat as a terrible, horrible character trait instead of just a health issue. There’s a middle ground between fat phobia and fat acceptance—seeing fat as a health issue, but not an issue of self-worth. Fat people are good people. They just have their own issues, just like anyone else. Everyone has problems, and it’s unfortunate that if your problem is food, everyone else has to see it. Blame biology. Nobody’s perfect.

fluffysaurus
Veteran
Veteran

12 Nov 2017, 4:53 pm

Kiki1256 wrote:
Maybe it’s because we see fat as a terrible, horrible character trait instead of just a health issue. There’s a middle ground between fat phobia and fat acceptance—seeing fat as a health issue, but not an issue of self-worth. Fat people are good people. They just have their own issues, just like anyone else. Everyone has problems, and it’s unfortunate that if your problem is food, everyone else has to see it. Blame biology. Nobody’s perfect.

Yes I used to be obese, a long time ago, but I didn't hate my body, in fact, my weight was about number 10 on my list of problems. I saw it as a health issue and I think that helped me loose the weight in a healthy sustainable way. I never succumbed to the suggestions to put a picture of myself bigger on my fridge as if I would be so disgusted at the sight that it would put me off my food. I thought it was a horrible idea to encourage people to hate themselves.