Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

cfleischmann
Toucan
Toucan

17 Oct 2017, 7:21 pm

Hello Everyone:

So, a couple of weeks ago, my CA, Jennette emailed the CEO of T-mobile after being told repeatedly to do so by numerous people (not including me) and tell him how I am such a huge fan of T-Mobile and this CEO. Not only did she tell him how I am a fan, but also how I use technology to communicate, interact with, and control my environment due to my autism diagnosis and other physical health concerns she also told him that T-mobile is playing a huge role in helping me live a more fulfilling life because of the technology. She asked the CEO if he could send me a bunch of T-Mobile “swag”. When she made the request, she just thought they would send me a few shirts, hats, etc. (if they even sent the swag at all) Well I was hospitalized from 10/06/17 through 10/12/17 and so I told Jennette to take a few days off while I get better.

Well the day I got out they had emailed her asking for our address and my shirt size. Fast-Forward to yesterday as we are getting home and we get in the door I tell her to look outside since I thought I saw a package. Jennette investigates, and brings in the box. From what Jennette could tell, there was no visual indicator of who it was from, she could readily identify that it was for me though. We get into it using my keys and sheer brute force and after I get through the packaging material I pull out a T-mobile bag full of stuff and Jennette asks me “Carly what did they send you?” I pull out a box that I didn’t recognize what it was immediately and had to turn the thing over in my hands a few times before I notice the words “iPad Pro” and so I start making various happy noises. Jennette has to re-assure me numerous times that I am NOT DREAMING and this is reality. She tells me to open it and so I do. It’s the 10.5 inch rose gold iPad Pro with 512 GB storage with Wi-Fi and Cellular capabilities. I had to be repeatedly reassured that I was not dreaming and Jennette had to slap herself a few times to ensure she was not dreaming.

In addition to the device (which was promptly turned into my new primary communication tablet) were 2 T-mobile shirts, 1 T-Mobile toatbag, 1 T-Mobile water bottle, and 1 T-Mobile hat. Jennette sent 2 emails out to thank them for this since this is so huge, I instructed her to send the mails to them this time. This thing has enough storage to have my communication app, all my music, all my photos, and my most commonly used business apps with still having room for me to keep packing stuff in there. So if you were thinking about switching to T-Mobile this should be a story to make you say “wow!” And seriously consider switching.

The ironic thing is that Jennette never mentioned anything about a device other than the fact that I use my iPad as my primary means of communication (she included a picture of me with my device at Burger King just so the CEO could put a face to a name).

What do you think of this? I know internally we call this tablet the “nonverbal girl’s dream machine” since it’s stupid fast, the screen is nice and big so I can see what I’m doing better, and such.

I look forward to your responses to this thread.

- more than likely on a mobile device

renaeden
Veteran
Veteran

18 Oct 2017, 6:22 am

What does REG: mean at all the start of your thread titles? Apologies if you have explained this before.

Nice haul, by the way.

cfleischmann
Toucan
Toucan

18 Oct 2017, 7:47 am

renaeden wrote:
What does REG: mean at all the start of your thread titles? Apologies if you have explained this before.

Nice haul, by the way.

Hi:

While completely off topic, I will redirect you to refer to my most recent lyrics in the general autism discussion folder entitled “Lyrics Remix “Fix Me”” as the question was asked there and subsequently answered in that thread. I am sorry if I sound like a grouch, that’s not my intent at all. It’s early and I just woke up so my thoughts might not be as clear.

Any further questions or comments can be asked by simply replying to this message

- more than likely on a mobile device