Veteran
Veteran

18 Oct 2017, 1:23 am

About what?

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

18 Oct 2017, 2:33 am

And if your self is a horrible worthless trash that’s unlovable and would do the world a favor by dying?
Wish the government would just let me serve and die in Iraq 10 years ago. World been better off

hale_bopp
Veteran
Veteran

18 Oct 2017, 4:05 am

You can’t really be yourself as an aspie and expect it to work. A girl said that to me a couple of years ago then came back and said “don’t be yourself “ lol

Closet Genious
Veteran
Veteran

18 Oct 2017, 4:07 am

hale_bopp wrote:
You can’t really be yourself as an aspie and expect it to work. A girl said that to me a couple of years ago then came back and said “don’t be yourself “ lol

Completely agree.
"Be yourself" is bad advice.

AngelRho
Veteran
Veteran

18 Oct 2017, 7:39 am

hale_bopp wrote:

It’s not terrible advice. It’s just that there’s a disconnect between “yourself” and how we portray that to the outside world. You can learn to fake it, but it takes a loooooooong time for others to accept your “fakeness” as authentic.

But...better that than changing nothing and people still thinking you’re just another creep.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

18 Oct 2017, 7:48 am

Closet Genious wrote:
hale_bopp wrote:

Completely agree.

so who is one supposed to be then?

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

18 Oct 2017, 8:06 am

Thank you, I thought I was King William I.

Closet Genious
Veteran
Veteran

18 Oct 2017, 8:44 am

Sweetleaf wrote:
Closet Genious wrote:
hale_bopp wrote:

Completely agree.

I take that back, pretending to be someone else is completely stupid. What I mean is, be yourself, partially. I don't lie, but people don't need to know everything about me.

Most of the opinions I have expressed on this forum, I have never ever told anyone in real life. Because my social calculator has already figured out that people would hate me for thinking that way, it would be a bad move all around, so I cover it up. That's part of the reason I use this forum, it's an outlet, it's being able to say the things I cannot say.

Outrider
Veteran
Veteran

18 Oct 2017, 8:45 am

Unlike some I don't consider aspies automatically undesirable but my idealism and optimism.has only been shot down by people.

Yes in reality by NT society standards the majority here are unattractive and undesirable but come.to.think of it for.some here EvERY faucet of their personality and values is socially incompatible with their society and culture in general.

We are outliers, differents and if conforming is too difficult.may as well go all out an take the road less traveled and be something different than the.mold.

See then again I believe everyone has dating value

I dont care If a person is absolutey hateful and miserable, they are perfectly suitable for another hateful and miserable person.

Just like everyone else here would be a suitable partner for their looksmatch/personalitymatch/lifematch.

As for "being yourself"?

Well...

Outrider
Veteran
Veteran

18 Oct 2017, 8:47 am

hale_bopp
Veteran
Veteran

18 Oct 2017, 2:26 pm

Closet Genious wrote:
Sweetleaf wrote:
Closet Genious wrote:
hale_bopp wrote:

Completely agree.

I take that back, pretending to be someone else is completely stupid. What I mean is, be yourself, partially. I don't lie, but people don't need to know everything about me.

Most of the opinions I have expressed on this forum, I have never ever told anyone in real life. Because my social calculator has already figured out that people would hate me for thinking that way, it would be a bad move all around, so I cover it up. That's part of the reason I use this forum, it's an outlet, it's being able to say the things I cannot say.

You potentially give off the vibe of being like that in real life. It’s surprisingly easy to pick up the non verbal essence of people. I can spot an angry and/or inadequate young man a mile off.

hale_bopp
Veteran
Veteran

18 Oct 2017, 2:28 pm

Outrider wrote:

He doesn’t have to wear his hair like that. It’s a terrible haircut.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

18 Oct 2017, 4:59 pm

hale_bopp wrote:
Closet Genious wrote:
Sweetleaf wrote:
Closet Genious wrote:
hale_bopp wrote:

Completely agree.

You potentially give off the vibe of being like that in real life. It’s surprisingly easy to pick up the non verbal essence of people. I can spot an angry and/or inadequate young man a mile off.

No, you can't, stop claiming to have mind-reading super powers.

Otherwise you wouldn't have dated all these jerk and psycho exes you claim to have dated in the past.