Veteran
Veteran

18 Oct 2017, 3:12 am

Would you?

Daniel89
Veteran
Veteran

18 Oct 2017, 3:16 am

Its a slight negative but nothing serious.

hurtloam
Veteran
Veteran

18 Oct 2017, 3:24 am

Yes

I have a lazy eye. It's not as bad as some people's, but i can tell in photos. No one comments on it.

hale_bopp
Veteran
Veteran

18 Oct 2017, 3:57 am

Yes. Why not?

Ichinin
Veteran
Veteran

18 Oct 2017, 5:21 am

Everyone has some good traits and some bad traits. Just have to find someone who are blind to your traits.

And some traits that you may find bad, others love. I'm sure that there are lazy eye fetishists somewhere.

hale_bopp
Veteran
Veteran

18 Oct 2017, 5:24 am

I don’t see what’s so wrong with eyes not being symmetrical. I’m picky about teeth and skin, but not that. Each to their own.

Embla
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

18 Oct 2017, 5:33 am

I can't see why it would be a problem.

The only problem I have with my friend - who's eyes are pointing in completely opposite directions - is that I don't understand if it's me he's talking to, since he's not looking directly at me. But that's no reason not to hang out with him. It's not like it effects his personality. His main trait is not his lazy eye, it's that he's a really lovely person.
I would definitely date him.

hurtloam
Veteran
Veteran

18 Oct 2017, 2:01 pm

I used to like a guy who had something wrong with his eye, but i don't really look into people's eyes when I talk to them and I didn't notice. It was one of my friends who was like, 'oh you mean the guy with the squint eye.' And I was like eh? I've never noticed.

dragonsanddemons
Veteran
Veteran

18 Oct 2017, 2:58 pm

My eyes will often not line up quite properly, although sometimes it's more pronounced than others. I can also do it deliberately, and make my eyes move independently of each other if I really want to, although it hurts and my brain can't process both images at once. It wouldn't bother me if someone else's eyes didn't line up properly either. Appearance doesn't matter that much to me, and especially not something so minor.

Yet in my new wildness and freedom I almost welcome the bitterness of alienage. For although nepenthe has calmed me, I know always that I am an outsider; a stranger in this century and among those who are still men.
-H. P. Lovecraft, "The Outsider"

modernmax
Veteran
Veteran

18 Oct 2017, 3:45 pm

I have a feeling nobody turned down Bill Skarsgard for his lazy eye...

Ragnahawk
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

18 Oct 2017, 3:47 pm

900% don't mind

I've migrated over to autismforums. PM me for anything, although I'm better contacted over at autismforums.

Esmerelda Weatherwax
Veteran
Veteran

18 Oct 2017, 5:01 pm

I have one. These days I have to be really tired for it to act up. But I dated aplenty when I was young and from all appearances, could now if I wanted. I'd be more concerned about whether my date was kind, bright enough not to resent me being bright, and a decent person otherwise; drop-dead gorgeous people aren't always.

"I believe you find life such a problem because you think there are the good people and the bad people," said the man. "You're wrong, of course. There are, always and only, the bad people, but some of them are on opposite sides."
-- Terry Pratchett, Guards! Guards!

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

18 Oct 2017, 5:10 pm

hurtloam wrote:
Yes

I have a lazy eye. It's not as bad as some people's, but i can tell in photos. No one comments on it.

Hmm you never mentioned that in your dating struggles.

It certainly puts some people off.

People don't comment on such things because it's rude, but it may be really a significant problem in dating.

Sabreclaw
Veteran
Veteran

19 Oct 2017, 1:09 am

If I liked her, sure. Lazy eyes do make me a bit uncomfortable though.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

19 Oct 2017, 8:23 pm

I have a lazy eye, so does my gf. :|

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

BuyerBeware
Veteran
Veteran

20 Oct 2017, 12:53 pm

Why not?? It's a lazy eye, not a lazy ass.

My middle daughter has two of them. That's sort of a pain in the butt. Our eye doctor keeps telling me they will get better if she wears her glasses like she should. Here's hoping, because she loves to read and write, but two lazy eyes makes it hard.

I could have a stroke tomorrow and have a lazy eye, or a saggy mouth, or a whole side of my face paralyzed.

Physical attributes are silly things to choose a significant other by.