19 year accused of murdering Autistic 6 year old

Page 1 of 1 [ 9 posts ] 

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

18 Oct 2017, 11:29 pm

een accused of drowning 6-year-old Lynnwood boy makes court appearance

Quote:
The 19-year-old man accused of drowning a 6-year-old Lynnwood boy appeared by video Wednesday in Snohomish County Superior Court.
The 6-year-old autistic boy's body was found Tuesday in a trash bin after an overnight search, according to court documents. Documents state the boy was drowned.

Andrew Clayton Henckel from Kerrville, Texas, has been jailed for investigation of first-degree murder in the death of Dayvid Pakko, the Snohomish County Sheriff's Office said.

The teen was in Lynnwood visiting relatives. Court documents released by the Sheriff's Office said the teen was caring for the little boy Monday when he drowned him.
Documents state Henckel admitted to filling the bathtub, calling the boy, then picking him up and placing him face down in the water. He held him under the water for 30 seconds until he no longer struggled, according to court documents.

Henckel told detectives he had planned to kill the boy about an hour before he drowned Pakko, according to court documents. He did not give detectives a motive.

Family members said the 19-year-old is also autistic and believe he didn't have the mental capacity to understand what he was telling police.

According to court documents, officials said Henckel did not report a formal diagnosis and is not taking medication.

The 19-year-old reportedly graduated from high school and attended one year of college, according to court documents. Documents state the teen was employed before leaving Texas.

This story makes little sense at this time

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

19 Oct 2017, 12:25 am

damn. :cry:

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

19 Oct 2017, 2:12 am

I heard about this is passing since it's a local incident. But only heard the 19 yo was the victim's uncle. Didn't know about the victim and possibly the perpetrator being autistic until now. Sadly it seems there's been several cases of a young male adult killing a baby or small child, because the child was crying too much, being too noisy etc.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

19 Oct 2017, 2:39 am

Some people have zero right to be around kids.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

19 Oct 2017, 11:49 pm

Another horrible story that we need less of.

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

20 Oct 2017, 12:40 am

Man charged with 1st-degree murder in killing of 6-year-old nephew in Lynnwood

Quote:
The charging documents filed Thursday shed no new light on the alleged motive for the homicide.

Henckel is being held in lieu of $1 million bail in the Snohomish County Jail.

Henckel, whose former attorney and father say suffers from autism spectrum disorder, was taken into custody by police a short time after Dayvid’s body was found. He was not booked into the Snohomish County Jail until 3:30 p.m.

Henckel’s father, Randy, talking to reporters from San Antonio, Texas, said the young man was interrogated by police for hours without a parent or attorney present, despite having obvious developmental disabilities.

Rachel Forde, the Snohomish County public defender who appeared with Henckel at his first appearance in Everett District Court on Wednesday, urged the judge not to hold her client based solely on his statements to police, pointing out that individuals with his disability are easily susceptible to suggestion and authority figures.

Henckel’s family has since retained a private attorney, Forde said Thursday.

The documents indicate that Henckel came under particular scrutiny based on his actions after the boy’s body was found in the dumpster. Rather than showing interest in the sudden activity, they said, Henckel left the area.

“It appeared that police interest in the dumpster was quite obvious, yet Andrew walked away at that precise moment in time,” according to the document.

Randy Henckel told the San Antonio TV station that his son had been staying with Dayvid’s family for about a week when he was asked to baby-sit his nephew. He says he spoke to his son Monday night, and he indicated the boy was missing.

Randy Henckel said his son met Dayvid for the first time during his visit.

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

21 Oct 2017, 9:27 am

An autistic killing another autistic, how ironic. Not having the capacity to understand? Sounds more than autism.

Daughter: NT, no diagnoses.

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

22 Oct 2017, 3:40 pm

This is just terrible. :(

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

23 Oct 2017, 5:07 am

I often get the impression, that some part of the dark triad can exist in a few people on the spectrum.