Page 1 of 2 [ 17 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

neil turner
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

19 Oct 2017, 6:04 am

the question is the colour red why am i attracted to it is this just me or is it more ?

Embla
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

19 Oct 2017, 7:03 am

I get drawn to different colors depending on my mood.
I'm a painter, and my color-choices is always determined by how I feel. When I'm happy I like using a lot of yellow, and when I'm a bit down I use a lot of blue. I very rarely use red, and I think it's because painting makes me very calm.

Different colours make us feel different things. There is a lot of psychology going into the colors in commercials and logos and things like that, because they affect us a lot. Blue makes us calm, white makes us relate to pureness/goodness, yellow is exciting....
Red is the most emotionally provoking color there is, representing the very strongest feelings (hate, passion, anger, love). There's probably a good reason to why you're so attracted to it.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

19 Oct 2017, 7:03 am

Blue is my color. I even love eating and drinking blue colored stuff.

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

19 Oct 2017, 1:03 pm

I get mesmerised by bright colours. Like at work (at a care home) we have lots of plastic cups for the dementia patients, and they are different colours (some are blue, some are red, some green, some yellow and some orange). I love collecting them up and washing them up because they're just so bright. I suppose bright colours has a positive effect on those with dementia, and it works for me too. :lol:

eric76
Veteran
Veteran

19 Oct 2017, 1:06 pm

neil turner wrote:
the question is the colour red why am i attracted to it is this just me or is it more ?

There is absolutely nothing that catches my eye more quickly than an attractive woman in a bright yellow dress.

dragonsanddemons
Veteran
Veteran

19 Oct 2017, 2:10 pm

Personally, I find a certain shade of blue, close to royal blue, and also pure black mesmerizing. I'll sometimes find myself just staring at those colors.

Yet in my new wildness and freedom I almost welcome the bitterness of alienage. For although nepenthe has calmed me, I know always that I am an outsider; a stranger in this century and among those who are still men.
-H. P. Lovecraft, "The Outsider"

Stardust Parade
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

19 Oct 2017, 2:15 pm

I really drawn to bright colors and pastels, especially mint and varying shades of purple and pink. :)

Kiriae
Veteran
Veteran

19 Oct 2017, 2:25 pm

Apparently a lot of people likes red - most guys find women in red more attractive than in any other color.
But I am an extreme case. I love red and it is literally the only color you will find in my closet (aside of black, grey and white).

EclecticWarrior
Veteran
Veteran

19 Oct 2017, 7:37 pm

I'm strongly drawn to the colour purple, especially lighter lilac shades.

I'm also drawn to rainbows.

WP's most sparkling member.

DX classic autism 1995, AS 2003, depression 2008

~INFP~

JimSpark
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

19 Oct 2017, 8:12 pm

I'm a horticulturist....in other words, I'm a professional gardener. I work with plants of all kinds, but mainly, I work with flowers. I find that what makes me happiest is if I can have as many different colored flowers as I can in whatever flowerbed or flowerpot that I can get. So in my case -- at least with flowers -- it's not one particular color, but the presence of many different colors in one place that I find most attractive.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

19 Oct 2017, 10:46 pm

I'm drawn to lighter and brighter shades of green. I also like to eat or drink anything that's green. I also have a thing for peas.

lostonearth35
Veteran
Veteran

19 Oct 2017, 11:15 pm

Lots of people have favorite colors. Usually when the cartoon characters I draw have bright, flashy colors like red they have a vibrant, outgoing personality while characters with deep or darker colors are more laid-back. If they have a cute, childlike personality they have pastel colors. I like to wear hot pink, which is both edgy and feminine. Combing it with black makes it even more edgy. I've been told I look good in bright colors. :)

Esmerelda Weatherwax
Veteran
Veteran

20 Oct 2017, 12:16 am

dragonsanddemons wrote:
Personally, I find a certain shade of blue, close to royal blue, and also pure black mesmerizing. I'll sometimes find myself just staring at those colors.

For me it's deep cobalt blue, and that incredible purply-turquoise that happens just at twilight. My favorite color is orange, though - I can spend hours in front of a wood fire just staring. ( :-) It's GOOD to be Aspie. I sure am easy to entertain.)

"I believe you find life such a problem because you think there are the good people and the bad people," said the man. "You're wrong, of course. There are, always and only, the bad people, but some of them are on opposite sides."
-- Terry Pratchett, Guards! Guards!

dragonsanddemons
Veteran
Veteran

20 Oct 2017, 12:41 am

Esmerelda Weatherwax wrote:
dragonsanddemons wrote:

For me it's deep cobalt blue, and that incredible purply-turquoise that happens just at twilight. My favorite color is orange, though - I can spend hours in front of a wood fire just staring. ( :-) It's GOOD to be Aspie. I sure am easy to entertain.)

I also love the colors of the later part of a sunset and watching fire, although I think the latter is more the motion than the color for me.

Yet in my new wildness and freedom I almost welcome the bitterness of alienage. For although nepenthe has calmed me, I know always that I am an outsider; a stranger in this century and among those who are still men.
-H. P. Lovecraft, "The Outsider"

Goth Fairy
Toucan
Toucan

20 Oct 2017, 12:46 am

I like bright pink or purple as a highlight on something black. I mostly wear those colours, though recently I have expanded into grey. I also like rainbow colours (but partly because I am a bit gay). These colours make me happy.

BUT yellow makes me really uncomfortable. If I go in a room that is mostly decorated in yellow I start to feel anxious and stressed. My partner once painted the bathroom yellow as a surprise, and I felt so guilty that I couldn't live with it. I can never wear anything yellow.

RandomFox
Toucan
Toucan

20 Oct 2017, 5:57 am

dragonsanddemons wrote:

For me it's a kind of dark, but very saturated indigo, with a hint of purple.
I also like cobalt blue glass and just looking through it :) It's almost like a spiritual experience, this kind of dark but intense blue. Stained glass windows in churches often have some of this special colour and if it's next to darker red glass - it's just WOW.
And now I want to go to Lincoln cathedral because of this colour talk and look at stained glass windows :D