People in relationships don't understand

Page 5 of 5 [ 79 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Aspie1
Veteran
Veteran

10 Nov 2017, 10:44 am

hurtloam wrote:
Oh well. Maybe I should just continue being the organiser. My nights always go well. Ive just been so tired lately that i've wished i could have a bit of support, but I guess I should just keep on doing what I'm doing.

I'd join your Meetup group :). But I'm in USA, and the writing in your location looks like a European language.

Your story, as well as my Meetup group experiences, proves something: Any time group decisions are made by one person in charge, rather than by "the group" (read: mindless groupthink), marginal members of the group, like me, come away happier.

DW_a_mom
Veteran
Veteran

13 Nov 2017, 6:40 pm

hurtloam wrote:
See this is where we disagree. A good relationship benefits both parties.

Relationships aren't some trap set up to benefit women. Why do I say that? Because I know so many women who have been unhappy in relationships. Some are persisting in unhappy relationships and tell me to stay single and i can see how unhappy they are. They're not just saying that to make me feel better.

I believe studies exist showing that marriage increases the life span for men, but not women. Therefore, marriage must be of greater benefit to men. No one is sure why, but the data is the data.

RetroGamer87
Veteran
Veteran

14 Nov 2017, 7:22 pm

DW_a_mom wrote:
hurtloam wrote:
See this is where we disagree. A good relationship benefits both parties.

Relationships aren't some trap set up to benefit women. Why do I say that? Because I know so many women who have been unhappy in relationships. Some are persisting in unhappy relationships and tell me to stay single and i can see how unhappy they are. They're not just saying that to make me feel better.

I believe studies exist showing that marriage increases the life span for men, but not women. Therefore, marriage must be of greater benefit to men. No one is sure why, but the data is the data.

It's because men are psychic vampires. They get married so they can suck the life essence from their wives :lol:

BTDT
Veteran
Veteran

14 Nov 2017, 7:29 pm

Guys don't see the doctor unless nagged by their wives.