Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

Kitty4670
Veteran
Veteran

19 Oct 2017, 4:51 pm

Is it better to mop your dusty floors than sweeping? This is what I heard.

dragonsanddemons
Veteran
Veteran

19 Oct 2017, 6:22 pm

If it's dust that's the problem, I guess a mop would be more likely to get all of it than a broom because the dust would stick to the moisture. I think a broom is better for larger/heavier detritus.

Yet in my new wildness and freedom I almost welcome the bitterness of alienage. For although nepenthe has calmed me, I know always that I am an outsider; a stranger in this century and among those who are still men.
-H. P. Lovecraft, "The Outsider"

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

19 Oct 2017, 10:18 pm

dragonsanddemons wrote:
If it's dust that's the problem, I guess a mop would be more likely to get all of it than a broom because the dust would stick to the moisture. I think a broom is better for larger/heavier detritus.
My 2nd job involved doing floor-care & my 3rd was a custodian. I've usually vacuumed or dust-moped before regularly moping but like dragonsanddemons said it is better to mop than to sweep to get dust off unless you dust with something like a damp swiffer pad.

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

lostonearth35
Veteran
Veteran

19 Oct 2017, 10:40 pm

Even when I sweep and then mop (which I normally have to do to pick up all the stuff that won't be absorbed into the mop like kitty litter granules), or even get on my knees and scrub, the floors never seem to feel clean. Or they just get dirty again an hour later. :(

The hardwood floors at my parent's house always look spotless and brand new even before my mother cleans them. She told me one time that she actually uses a brand of bubble bath in the water, and then she gave some other bubble bath to use. But I put less than half a capful in a big bucket of water and it leaves a soapy film that I cannot STAND to feel. Then I have go over it again with plain water. Then I'm exhausted. And then I either spill something or one of the cats has a hairball attack, and I can't win and I must really be just a lazy disgusting slob.
:shrug: