Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

starkid
Veteran
Veteran

20 Oct 2017, 7:52 pm

Do you ever have migraines for no apparent reason?

xatrix26
Veteran
Veteran

20 Oct 2017, 11:43 pm

I get migraines very often in fact every day for restraining my aggression and stimming. Some days the pain has been excruciating. I've been in denial about being Autistic for such a long time and I tried my hardest to hold in my stimming but it never works and I get terrible headaches because of it. Let's just say I go through a lot of extra strength Tylenol. If my coworkers see me stimming, the situation gets worse because I can't control it because Autistics can't control something that's such a fundamental part of being "on the spectrum."

Gritting my teeth and getting angry because I can't express myself the way I need to as an ASD, especially in the workplace for fear of getting fired or getting socially isolated, is extremely taxing on me and then the migraines come. Always.

ADHD, OCD, and PTSD.

Keep calm and stim away. ;)

dragonsanddemons
Veteran
Veteran

21 Oct 2017, 12:19 am

Sometimes I get them because of the weather, but other times I get them for reasons I can't determine.

Yet in my new wildness and freedom I almost welcome the bitterness of alienage. For although nepenthe has calmed me, I know always that I am an outsider; a stranger in this century and among those who are still men.
-H. P. Lovecraft, "The Outsider"

harry12345
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

21 Oct 2017, 5:11 am

Make sure you are not getting de-hydrated during the day.

http://thorzt.com/how-to-identify-a-dehydration-headache/