Being called "cute" by women when you're a grown man - bad?

Page 1 of 3 [ 37 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

Sometime World
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

21 Oct 2017, 8:45 am

To me, being called "cute" or "adorable" by women usually means that you've still got a baby/boy face as well as probably a small build/frame. More facially developed, physically built or more masculine-looking men are usually called handsome, "sexy", "hot" instead. Am i right ladies?

Cute/adorable = Your endearing, she wants to hug you but doesn't see you as a real man.

Hot/sexy = she's def down for some hanky panky.

Only girl I've ever had sex with called me cute so I wouldn't fully say so. But other women that called me cute they didn't want to sleep with me at all and saw me more like a puppy, amiable chump or little bruv.

NorthWind
Veteran
Veteran

21 Oct 2017, 11:12 am

Obviously the answer to this question can depend on culture and native language. As English is not my mother tongue I can only say what the equivalent words in my mother tongue could mean.

I think if cute refers purely to your physical appearance it may mean she still thinks of you as a boy. However, it may refer to your behaviour or something specific you did or said. In that case it's less likely to indicate that she thinks of you as a boy and, unless her tone of voice clearly says otherwise, she probably means it in a positive way.

Hopelessly3
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

21 Oct 2017, 5:06 pm

Cute means I like like you.
Adorable means I want you XD

RikMayall
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

21 Oct 2017, 5:11 pm

Sometime World wrote:
To me, being called "cute" or "adorable" by women usually means that you've still got a baby/boy face as well as probably a small build/frame. More facially developed, physically built or more masculine-looking men are usually called handsome, "sexy", "hot" instead. Am i right ladies?

Cute/adorable = Your endearing, she wants to hug you but doesn't see you as a real man.

Hot/sexy = she's def down for some hanky panky.

Only girl I've ever had sex with called me cute so I wouldn't fully say so. But other women that called me cute they didn't want to sleep with me at all and saw me more like a puppy, amiable chump or little bruv.

Show us a picture so we can decide if you are indeed cute, rugged or downright damn boy.

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

22 Oct 2017, 12:45 pm

I call my boyfriend cute, but he hasn't got a 'baby face', and he is a nice chunky build, plus he's a couple of decades older than me. But he is so cute, as in very handsome, but also the things he does. He squeaks in his sleep sometimes, and just does little things like that, what makes him cute to me. He loves it when I call him cute though. I love him so much.

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

22 Oct 2017, 2:39 pm

I use to be against it but now I’d settle for some woman calling me cute, even if she just sees me as a puppy and not relationship material.

XFilesGeek
Veteran
Veteran

22 Oct 2017, 5:45 pm

It depends on the woman.

Some chicks just say "cute" because it's easier to say than "ruggedly handsome."

Interesting story:

I was out for a run the other day, and there was a pre-teen girl sitting on a porch. She waved at me enthusiastically and yelled, "Hi!" I smiled and said, "Hi!" back. She then proceeded to call out, "You're cute!" to which I replied, "Thanks!"

Nice to know I still got it. :D

"If we fail to anticipate the unforeseen or expect the unexpected in a universe of infinite possibilities, we may find ourselves at the mercy of anyone or anything that cannot be programmed, categorized or easily referenced."

-XFG (no longer a moderator)

kahhh

23 Oct 2017, 3:22 am

It depends.
I've had a bad habit of calling guys "cute" and forgetting they'll take it in a bad or not-so-good way, even though I mean it in a good way. But for me it can definitely mean I'm interested in a guy, it just feels more natural than using "sexy" or "hot" a lot of the time.
In general... yeah, it can tend to be that way, but it really depends on the person and situation.

Sometime World
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

23 Oct 2017, 6:37 am

XFilesGeek wrote:

I was out for a run the other day, and there was a pre-teen girl sitting on a porch. She waved at me enthusiastically and yelled, "Hi!" I smiled and said, "Hi!" back. She then proceeded to call out, "You're cute!" to which I replied, "Thanks!"

O.k. Nice to hear that you attract 12yo tween girls and not women. :roll:

Sometime World
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

23 Oct 2017, 6:38 am

kahhh wrote:
It depends.
I've had a bad habit of calling guys "cute" and forgetting they'll take it in a bad or not-so-good way, even though I mean it in a good way. But for me it can definitely mean I'm interested in a guy, it just feels more natural than using "sexy" or "hot" a lot of the time.
In general... yeah, it can tend to be that way, but it really depends on the person and situation.

What do you mean in a good way? That your dangling a carrot and want him to "man up" and make the move or something?

XFilesGeek
Veteran
Veteran

23 Oct 2017, 9:50 am

Sometime World wrote:
XFilesGeek wrote:

O.k. Nice to hear that you attract 12yo tween girls and not women. :roll:

Oh, I attract women too.

However, considering I look like a teen boy most of the time, it's not unusual for me to accidentally snatch the attention of the younger set.

"If we fail to anticipate the unforeseen or expect the unexpected in a universe of infinite possibilities, we may find ourselves at the mercy of anyone or anything that cannot be programmed, categorized or easily referenced."

-XFG (no longer a moderator)

JaredGTALover
Toucan
Toucan

26 Oct 2017, 3:40 pm

that once happened to me...in high school & compared to opposite sex social encounters between guys with aspergers & neurotypical girls of the same age,it was just like a

Quote:
deal
invovlving previous opposite sex social encouters between me & nt girls my age:gone bad,based on how severely awkward i appear to them

fluffysaurus
Veteran
Veteran

28 Oct 2017, 9:56 am

I think cute gets used a lot because it's ambiguous. You can say it to a guy as a compliment, it's positive, but it doesn't commit you to anything. Hot, sexy, or handsome, pretty much means you fancy them, so if they don't like you back you're going to end up looking silly. Cute can be taken in lots of different ways including that they think you're nice but don't fancy you, but it can also be a hint that they do and are sounding you out. I would certainly use it on a guy I liked because guys can be cute and manly at the same time, like grizzly bears, he he.

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

29 Oct 2017, 5:58 pm

My girlfriend calls me cute alot because of the way I act towards her. She also calls me handsome too. I call her cute because of the way she acts & I also tell her she's beautiful & pretty because she is.

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

emmasma
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

31 Oct 2017, 9:34 pm

fluffysaurus wrote:
I think cute gets used a lot because it's ambiguous. You can say it to a guy as a compliment, it's positive, but it doesn't commit you to anything. Hot, sexy, or handsome, pretty much means you fancy them, so if they don't like you back you're going to end up looking silly. Cute can be taken in lots of different ways including that they think you're nice but don't fancy you, but it can also be a hint that they do and are sounding you out. I would certainly use it on a guy I liked because guys can be cute and manly at the same time, like grizzly bears, he he.

I wouldnt ever use it on someone I find unattractive but its safer if you are not ready to call someone hot or sexy which is a very strong statement

Aspie1
Veteran
Veteran

01 Nov 2017, 10:04 pm

I, a straight man, use the word "cute" to describing women pretty often. But it carries a very specific connotation. It implies warmth, softness, and "safety"---or more precisely, lack of danger to me---as well as good looks. A woman who looks good but lacks those traits would not be "cute" by my definition.

As for me, if a woman called me "cute", I'd be more weirded out than offended or flattered. It's not a bad descriptor per se, but for someone well into his 30's, who lost 15% of his hair and 2 teeth, it's totally unfitting. So I'd wonder what the woman is thinking by calling me that.