Page 2 of 2 [ 24 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

warrier120
Veteran
Veteran

22 Oct 2017, 9:51 pm

They think nothing will end up working unless they themselves choose for me, so I guess you could say that. By “popular,” I mean stereotypical popular cliques. But my crush is genuinely popular.

Shahunshah
Veteran
Veteran

22 Oct 2017, 9:54 pm

warrier120 wrote:
They think nothing will end up working unless they themselves choose for me, so I guess you could say that. By “popular,” I mean stereotypical popular cliques. But my crush is genuinely popular.
Then why the distrust?

It seems irrational.

Masakados
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

22 Oct 2017, 9:56 pm

So they literally hand pick the people you can associate with? That's lame. Do you have friends online at least?

warrier120
Veteran
Veteran

22 Oct 2017, 10:27 pm

Masakados wrote:
So they literally hand pick the people you can associate with? That's lame. Do you have friends online at least?

I have a best friend who is also autistic, but we live fairly far away from each other. Too bad the therapists only want me to be friends with other autistic students or students with special needs. I would like to see how a friendship with a neurotypical would work out, too.

Masakados
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

22 Oct 2017, 10:32 pm

Honestly that might be for the best. A relationship with a NT is just asking for trouble. I suppose it might be interesting just to see, but it sounds like more trouble than it's worth.

Shahunshah
Veteran
Veteran

22 Oct 2017, 10:43 pm

Masakados wrote:
Honestly that might be for the best. A relationship with a NT is just asking for trouble. I suppose it might be interesting just to see, but it sounds like more trouble than it's worth.
It can sometimes seem that way but it's not. When I go to school now some of these people are my best friends. I am 17 now, but when I was 14 I kind of doubted many of these people would want to associate with me, but things change, I found that many of them are extremely nice people. These are people that can understand you, relate well and joke around with you. It is important to find the right ones though.

DataB4
Veteran
Veteran

22 Oct 2017, 11:05 pm

Shahunshah wrote:
warrier120 wrote:
Then why the distrust?

It seems irrational.

Hmm, just an idea: maybe they're afraid that if you start trying to hang out with your crush, you'll get teased or harassed by popular girls who feel they deserve more of his attention.

As a teen especially, but even today, I tended to find more in common with people who were outcasts or different in some other way. I also had older friends.

Shahunshah
Veteran
Veteran

22 Oct 2017, 11:14 pm

DataB4 wrote:
Shahunshah wrote:
warrier120 wrote:
Then why the distrust?

It seems irrational.

Hmm, just an idea: maybe they're afraid that if you start trying to hang out with your crush, you'll get teased or harassed by popular girls who feel they deserve more of his attention.

As a teen especially, but even today, I tended to find more in common with people who were outcasts or different in some other way. I also had older friends.
Their are some risks but doing nothing is how you shut yourself down. But most people aren't like that I guess and besides this person does not appear to be nasty or anything of that sort.