Best Online autistic friendly colleges ranked

Page 1 of 1 [ 1 post ] 

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

23 Oct 2017, 2:08 am

https://www.onlinecollegeplan.com/best-online-colleges-autism/

Quote:
Each school on this list was scored out of a possible 200 points. We have scored all of the online colleges that have programs for students with ASD based on the following ranking criteria:

50%: Freshmen Retention Rates and;
50%: Graduation Rates
To gather the information that was required to rank each of these online colleges, we used the school’s websites whenever possible. In cases where a school did not provide the information on their own site that was required by us, we used the databases of both U.S. News and World Report and of National Center for Education Statistics. These two percentages were added together to get the score for each institution, and then they were ranked out of 20 based on this score.

In any instance where two or more schools would have tied for a spot in this Top 20, we utilized the alphabetical ordering of their names as our designated tie-breaking criteria. We chose these two ranking criteria because when both rates are taken into account, they help to paint an accurate picture of a school’s overall performance.

We also consulted our own ranking of the top 100 best online colleges during the research for this ranking

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman