Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 

Prowlsgirl
Butterfly
Butterfly

23 Oct 2017, 10:15 am

I have severe Bipolar Disorder, to the point where I can go up and down several times in one day. I was thinking back on things, and I remembered something from when I was a kid. I couldn't think of anywhere else to bring this up, so I came here. I don't know what I'm looking for, maybe just to talk about what I saw, but I'm pretty sure it was a hallucination at this point.

I can't remember how old I was either time I saw him, but I think the first time was at my dad's apartment. I was playing on the computer when I saw somebody walk from the kitchen to the living room. My brother was in the living room, and he didn't move, and when I looked up, there was nobody there. But I know I saw somebody.

The second time was at my mom's house, and he was standing in the doorway of my room, staring at me. I really saw what he looked like this time. He was a shadow thing, a hat clearly outlined on his head, and he was mean. He didn't talk or move, but I know he was mean and dark. I don't know if that sounds weird, but I knew he wasn't good. I told my mom about him, and the house was searched. Nobody was there.

Later on, when I was a teenager, I saw a book moving on its own, the pages flipping themselves. This one also scared me pretty good, and I went screaming into my mother's room. I also heard somebody shout my name when there was nobody around that could; besides that, I didn't recognize the voice.

Soon after that, I was diagnosed with Asperger's and Bipolar Disorder, and I started taking medication.

I don't know if I would have kept hallucinating off the medication, and as my Bipolar Disorder got worse, my dosages were increased. I can't help but wonder if I would be seeing things off the medication, and what they would be. I already think I hear things. Radio static and faint music sometimes, and recently I've been having voices talking with me in my head. It's not audible, but the voices aren't mine. Sometimes I hear the low buzz of conversation, you know, like you walk into a room and can't pick anything anybody is saying out. I don't know what's going on, if it's just Bipolar, or if it's something else.

I just wanted to talk about it. Does anybody else have these stories?

CharlesRooster
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

25 Oct 2017, 1:09 pm

I have one very memorable incident of something like this happening to me, except I was hallucinating (at least I think it was a hallucination) auditorily. I had just woken up after having a sleepover at a friend’s house (note that I was about 10 years old when this happened), and I remember waking up noticing right away that something was off. I sat in their living room alone because nobody was up yet and noticed that a clock ticking on their wall sounded much much louder than normal, like amplified very loudly, and in the background of the clock ticking loudly, there was the voice of a woman who was screaming in what sounded like pain, and things felt slowed down. Well, needless to say I exited their house through the front door and it stopped immediately. Honestly, to this day I have no idea what this was, also I’ve never had any kind of psychotic experience before or after that which makes it even weirder, and I actually haven’t been diagnosed with anything but an unspecified anxiety disorder. They were also very religious. :skull:

W̸̨̨̢̢̡̨̡̡̧̡̢̧̧̢̡̡̡̨̛͍̯̳̹̩̖̮̖̣̤̜̼͈̜͓̱̩͓̞̠̲̻̩̟͙̤̦̠̼̙̯̲͎͈̦͇̼̭̬͓͉̟̬̰̲̩͍̮̗̗̝̺̥̲͚͎͔̙̰͈̘̖͚͇͎̳̠̹̙̫̳̻̳̳̼̞̻̜̱͓̝̗̬͎̬̳͕̭̳͇̬̯̙͎͎̖̞̰̪͖̫̦̟͉͓̲̙̻̥̦̠̺̪̰͈̰͖̗̟͖͉͉̞̲̤̝̪͙̠̳̥̤̼̦̥̳̞̪̙͈̼̹̙͖̘̞͇͔̟̣̝͍͙͈̮̰̱͉̠̤̠̲̫̼̗̫̙̭̙͈̫̺̘̲̗̗̞̩̖̦̞̟͍̘͇͉̝̖̥͔͕̣̩͇̱̪͓̩̹͎̻̙̗̬͈̰̝͕̠͎̩̞̩͛͌̈́͐̈́̌͐̐̉̈̐̍̌́͛͂̈́̾͂̈́̊̃͋̓̃̌̎̈́̏̀̈́̈́͒̀̍̾͐͑͒̋̃̑̇̽̉͊̈̌͗̐̽̅̈́͆̋̂̇̀̀̋͂͑̚̕͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͝͝͝͠͠ͅͅͅͅe̶̡̧̧̨̧̧̡̧̛̛̛̛̛̤̱̬̥͖̹̱̹̦̺͚͙̜͎͈͚̭͙̦̻͚͉̹͙̘͔͍̬̲̦͕̟̯̜̜̗͙͙͈̲̰̯̹̳͖̤͙̥͔̭̼͙͈͈͖̝̥̜̣̼͚̥͔̲̟̤̩͓̹̟͉̬̹̗̩͍͈͈͙̰͎͕͔͖̝̪̞̺̭̤͙̯̻̞͉̙̪̲̼̣̩̥͓̠̭̱͂̈́͆͑̑͌̈́̽̑̄̂̈́́̂̎͒̂͂̋̈́́̓̑̋̀̉̓̆̎̋͐͛̐̃̌́̓̔̌̽̑̀̈́͛̀͌̈́̄̓̍̔̉̄̍͐̀̊̌̒̎̾́̅̌̆̽̆̀́͂͂̄͗̽͑̓͋̄̏̆̐͂̊̀̓̾̒̈́͑͐͆̀̌͒͒̈͛̐̾̂̅̀́̀̇̀̃̒̊͂̇̐̑̎͊̿̂͆̇̃̉̆͒͗̔̽́͗̎͑̓̓̀͆͊̾̐̓̆̇́̊̒͛̀̀̌̏̀͑͗̍͂̑͗̒̄̏̊̍̿͌́̿́͐̍͐̇̿͐͒̿́̽̄͒̊̀̊͛̍̉̂̀̑́̐̀̎̒͛̽͛̆͗̊̄̆̓͗̂͌͐͒̎̈́̋̂̑̓̈́̌͒̅̄̆̓̂̀͊̍̌̏̐͊̉̐̀͌̓͂͛̈́̉̍̕̚̕̕͘̚̕̕̕͜͝͝͠͠͝͝͝͝͝͝͝͝͝͠͝͝͝͠͠͠͝͝͠͝͝͝͝͝͠͠ͅͅͅi̸̡̨̛̫̝̹͈͎̩͓̎̄̀̓̂͂͐́̓̔̂̍͑̄̀̀̈̀͌̏̑͑̽́͛̔͊̂͂͋͌̊̎́̄͗́̀̄̒̔̂̏͂̒̿́̀̇͊̾̐͂̏͌͛̓́͆́̏̀̀͊͊̾͒͂͋̅̄̒̽́̑̓̈́̔̔̚̚͘͘͘͘͘̚̕̕͠͝͠͝͝͝ͅř̸̡̧̧̢̨̢̡̢̡̧̡̨̢̨̡̧̢̧̛̛̛̛̛̛̤̗̜̞̝͉̖̯̙̣͕̠̥͚̲̭̯͔̣̥͓̳̳̤̪̲͚̱̤̲͉̭̰̬̙̯̜̜̹͇̱̞̟͚͍̣̲̲̣͇͕̞͕̠̟͓͚̣̠̹͇͔̰̳͓̙̜̹̞͍̺̳͖͈͖̪̬͔̹̗̤͉̥̰͇̘̦͓̩̮͉̬͚̤͇̦͓̹̝̠͔͍̺̪̖͔̱̭̰̻̥̹͎̥̘̯̦̟̤̠͕͚͇͖̞͓̼͉̱̙̱͉̘̮̤̱̩̖̰̤̦̥̝̳̠̳͓̹̥͖̘̹̫̭̲̟͈͚̺͙̠͖̪̠̜͖̟̤̙̗̥̜̯̱̣̩͇͔̰̬̹͕̦̞͇͇͇̺͕̹̜͎͔͎̲̰͕́̈͊̀̒̉̅́͒̉̆̇̓͛̓̃̐̍͌̽͊̑̂͛̏̄͗̑̐̈̿͛͐̈́̔̒̀̽̿́̔̾̔̆͐͌͆͂̒͊̀̈́̔͑͊̔̉̓̇̄̌̒̋̈́̅̾̿̋̊̋͌̅̇̀͆͋̏͐̈́͑͂̀̽́́̋͂̊̌̓̀̈̓̈́́̈́̀̓͆̒̒͗̾̃̃̀̏̒͒̎̀̀̒̈̄̈́͊̀̈́̋͛́̍̀̾͊͆̋͌͊͗͂̊̇̂̌̓̈́̈͂̈̈́̌́̀͛͆̌́̎̅͐̆͋̅̍̃̄̍̎̀́͋́̂̊̈́̓̐́̿̄́̏͂̓̏́̓̔͐̋̑͗̊̒̔͑́̀̊͐̈́̑͌̆̓͌͗̈́͆̄̒͛͒̀̈̆͋̂͑̎͒͒̎̏̑̐̆̐̃͑͛͂̔̚̕̕͘͘̚̕̕̚̕̚͘̚͘͘̚̚͜͜͜͜͠͝͝͠͝͝͝͝͠͠͝͠͝͝͝ͅͅͅͅḏ̵̢̨̨̢̡̧̢̡̧̨̡̢̢̡̢̡̧̧̡̨̧̡̢̨̨̡̡̞̘̼͉̹̥̮͇͎̯͍̲̜̳̥͈̺̪̮̲̠̣̳̭͎͔͉̼͖̮̤̱̘͉̫͖̠̭̝̯͙͍̙̖̪͚̺̬̮̯̱̪̜̤̪̮̙̯̫̩͚͇͓͚̪͖̞͖̫̝̣͎͉͉̮̭̰̭̬̗̲̙̩͇̤͈̩͇̳͈͙̮̱̬̼̙̖̪͔̙̳̬̖̫̱̲̪̺͎̖̣̟̹̙̞̼̹͔̝̞͙͖͈̠͔̲̰̯̫̗̪̰̬̖͍̰̩̮̱͕͎̪͔͓͈͎͍̻͓͇̯͉̫̳̮͉̹̺͈̬̣͕͔͎͖̱̪͈̲͕̰̜̱̺̝̙̰͓̝̤̺̠̘͔̰̣͔̹̰͇̯͚̱̞̥̦͚͍̹̙̦̪̲̤̗̘͔̝̯̲͓̠̺̱̙̲͇̘͈͚͍͍̻̫̱̲͚̠͔̗̪̹̻̝̜̫͚̦̫͙̜̩̽̀̌͒͌̍͛̄̉̎̎̈͂̋̓̌͋͌̒̌̐̍́̇̊͂͗̓̓̓̾̂̓̓̒̽͆́̈͆̑͋̀̅̎͂̈́̄͊̂́̽̽̌̿̀͑̍̍͋͋̊̈̐̈́̈́̌̂͑́̈́͘͘̚̕̚͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͠͝͠͝͝͝ͅͅͅͅͅͅͅơ̶̢̢̧̡̧̨̧̨̢̧͙͉̳̖̘̠͓̙͍͍̞̖̘̠̯͙̗͍̦̰̠̰̜̩̼̬̱͇͈̫̗͙̩̦͚̝͚̞͉̫͔̥̤̩̪̘̫̤̜̩̮̱̹̟̞̻̥̞̼̘̦̙̻̩̼̝͓̠͈̯̼̳̘̮̭̣̖̻̻̳̟̘̰͖̲̝̬͓̰͇̲̞͎̹̱̹̰̳̫͉̭͎͎̙̬̹̗̘̠̱̩̓͂̋̅̂͌͒̿̀͒̋̊͂͊͒̽̆̑̔̋́͋̐͆̊̆̏̈́͊̓̏͂̎̽̌̄̀̄̃̄́̿́̌̒́͒̋͋̍̇̑̍͒̊͆̊̐̉̐̔͋͆͐̎͋͗̈́̍̈͊̾̃́̑̆̅̃͋̀́̊̂̀̑̎̀͆̄̍̓̾̓̽̈́͋̀̿̎́́̆͗͂̐͂̐͗̽́̓̊̂̐̃́̃̇́̿̀̍̑́̐̋̋̂͂͗̇͊̉̊̃̽̆͆͆͑̇͆͒́̀͌̇̓̄̆́̀͆͆̾̾̀́̐̏̄̏̉̀̽̈́̑͊̉̒̄̀͘̚̕͘̚̕͘̚͘̕͘͘͘̕͜͜͜͜͠͝͠͝͠͝͝͠͝͝͠͠͝͝͝͠͝ͅͅ

Quiet Mouse
Raven
Raven

25 Oct 2017, 10:22 pm

Holy cow...I had experiences almost exactly like your two shadow experiences. The first shadow I ever saw was tall---about 6-7 feet tall. It walked from one end of the room to the other in a somewhat slow and awkward fashion. He was followed shortly after by a skipping girl with pigtails. The 4th shadow I ever saw stared at me from an open doorway just like yours. I didn't get any "bad vibes" about him though. He just watched me. Getting a "mean" vibe from shadows can be a bad sign from what I've heard. Red eyes are also a bad sign.

How often do you hear the radio static/faint murmuring/voices, etc. now?

NeilM
Toucan
Toucan

26 Oct 2017, 8:15 am

When I was about 10 yo, I happened to be looking out a window and saw a woman, middle aged and rather plump, walking into our garage. My mother and I were the only ones home at the time and I told her what I saw. I don't think she took me very seriously because she told me I better go check it out with a rather amused look on her face. I summoned my courage and looked all thru the garage of course finding no one.

Looking back on it now, if a 10-yo child of mine told me they saw some one go into another building on the property, I would NOT put them in danger by telling them to go and investigate. If there really was someone there, who knows what could happen.

Reading the above posts, I find it intriguing that Prowlsgirl saw a man, CharlesRooster heard a woman, and I saw a woman. Except for Quiet Mouse who saw both sexes, we were "visited" by someone of the opposite sex. Probably not significant but still.

AQ = 38 MBTI = ISTJ Gender = Non-binary
I strive not to perseverate. You can PM me for more info.

Prowlsgirl
Butterfly
Butterfly

26 Oct 2017, 9:29 am

Quiet Mouse wrote:
Holy cow...I had experiences almost exactly like your two shadow experiences. The first shadow I ever saw was tall---about 6-7 feet tall. It walked from one end of the room to the other in a somewhat slow and awkward fashion. He was followed shortly after by a skipping girl with pigtails. The 4th shadow I ever saw stared at me from an open doorway just like yours. I didn't get any "bad vibes" about him though. He just watched me. Getting a "mean" vibe from shadows can be a bad sign from what I've heard. Red eyes are also a bad sign.

How often do you hear the radio static/faint murmuring/voices, etc. now?

I don't hear the radio static very much anymore, but the voices in my head come and go. I'm pretty sure I had a whole conversation with them one night, but I had already taken my medicine, so I don't remember it.

crystaltermination
Veteran
Veteran

03 Nov 2017, 11:29 am

Sorry to hear what you've been experiencing. The brain can truly become it's own worst enemy, for sure. :(
I commonly have sleep-based hallucinations (hypnagogic or hypnopompic), and definitely understand what it's like to be hearing those snatches of conversation as if they're in another part of the house... it's very vivid and real. Probably the most common experience I have though is while again (trying!) to fall asleep, a word, usually a name (actually very commonly my older sister's name) will suddenly 'jump' into my mind as if someone inside my brain spoke it out loud. Kind of hard to accurately describe it - you only know you didn't deliberately think it. It is startling enough to make me physically jump.

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

04 Nov 2017, 9:11 pm

When I was suffering from a psychotic depression in my early 20s I've had thoughts in my head that I didn't think were mine & I also sometimes thought I heard voices in static or talking like outside but couldn't really make it out. Those things went away after my depression got better. I've also had eps of sleep paralysis in my 20s & at least a few times I woke up & saw a shadowy figure(kinda like the Grim Reaper or something) standing over me.

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition