Are paid dating sites worth it?

Page 1 of 3 [ 41 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

25 Oct 2017, 6:17 pm

I feel it wouldn’t be any better the OkCupid only I’d be paying a lot of money to be rejected and told I’m worthless vs OkCupid makes it happen for free.

$240 is a lot of money to someone like me. I suspect paid sites are all full of well off women. Who will only want well off men hence paying so much to be there.

BTDT
Veteran
Veteran

25 Oct 2017, 7:16 pm

Yes, if that is a lot of money you shouldn't bother. The idea is to restrict the site to people who are reasonably well off financially and can easily afford fees like that.

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

25 Oct 2017, 8:23 pm

BTDT wrote:
Yes, if that is a lot of money you shouldn't bother. The idea is to restrict the site to people who are reasonably well off financially and can easily afford fees like that.

That’s what I figured. It’s more for people with 1,000 or more disposable i come. I have about $50 a month

ZachGoodwin
Veteran
Veteran

25 Oct 2017, 8:24 pm

Please don't use your money on those websites Sly.

MarissaKay
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

25 Oct 2017, 8:28 pm

I wouldn't pay for dating sites, and I think the tactics they use to encourage people to pay is ridiculous.

Example: OkCupid trying to encourage me to pay for the whole "A-List" thing by telling me I have over 100 likes (I signed up FIVE days ago, so there's no way that most of them are legit). That kind of stuff is just super lame.

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

25 Oct 2017, 8:41 pm

MarissaKay wrote:
I wouldn't pay for dating sites, and I think the tactics they use to encourage people to pay is ridiculous.

Example: OkCupid trying to encourage me to pay for the whole "A-List" thing by telling me I have over 100 likes (I signed up FIVE days ago, so there's no way that most of them are legit). That kind of stuff is just super lame.

You’re female so it’s probably true,I and a lot of guys swipe right on everyone and new people get put up front. I have 20 likes over 10 years.
Likes is just here’s a picture of yiu and then guys swip right to like. Takes few seconds as most people don’t read profiles just pictures and swipe.

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

25 Oct 2017, 8:42 pm

ZachGoodwin wrote:
Please don't use your money on those websites Sly.

I shouldn’t it’s alot of money I could spend elsewhere, but I wonder if maybe it’d help. Otherwise I have no options :cry:

Keladry
Veteran
Veteran

25 Oct 2017, 8:59 pm

If you want to try one of the paid sites, you can search for a coupon code on the internet. That's what I did. I had to try about 50 different codes before I finally found one that worked and let me try out the site for just a couple of months at a steep discount.

I've not really used the free sites much. I figure the paid sites will probably screen out the people I'm not interested in better (I want a serious relationship not a one-night hook-up) as those who have to pay will probably be more serious.

cberg
Veteran
Veteran

25 Oct 2017, 9:47 pm

Free or not, I dislike the idea of personally becoming any sites' main product.

-Gem Tos :mrgreen:

hale_bopp
Veteran
Veteran

25 Oct 2017, 10:20 pm

If you can’t make it work on a free account, you wont on a paid one. Don’t waste your money.

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

25 Oct 2017, 11:53 pm

cberg wrote:
Free or not, I dislike the idea of personally becoming any sites' main product.

I have ad block so OkCupid don’t make money off me, and I give bumble and tinder 1 star reviews every time they ask.

I always figured dating sites can’t work, if it did they’d go out of business. Same reasons doctors and therapists will never fully cure yiu or they’d go out of business. All them rely on repeat business but ideally someone helped by them wouldn’t be s repeat customer.
So in order for them to stay open dating sites must insure most people don’t find love.

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

25 Oct 2017, 11:54 pm

hale_bopp wrote:
If you can’t make it work on a free account, you wont on a paid one. Don’t waste your money.

Probably but maybe women would message me cause they think I’m well of if I’m no there. I could maybe try to learn to lie?

ZachGoodwin
Veteran
Veteran

26 Oct 2017, 12:03 am

They won't think you are well off if you lie. You don't even need the Red Pill thing. You just need to be your best self. I know it's hard, but you have to risk talking to plenty of girls Sly. Before I went to work I tried talking to this girl that I meet at a supermarket. I mean yeah, she may have a boyfriend already, but by not opening up my life story and by just doing simple little conversations I was able to talk to her, and she's comfortable with me. Now I don't mean that she's going to date me. Heck no I'm in the friendzone with that girl, but Sly you have to keep on talking to women to get better. You'll soon realize that after talking and being friends with a lot of girls in your state that one will soon start to be attracted to you. That's how I assumed it worked for guys who partied a lot. And no you don't need to party. I know that some girls have had a lot of nasty frogs in their life and have not found a prince, but you are not apart of their life.

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

26 Oct 2017, 12:21 am

ZachGoodwin wrote:
They won't think you are well off if you lie. You don't even need the Red Pill thing. You just need to be your best self. I know it's hard, but you have to risk talking to plenty of girls Sly. Before I went to work I tried talking to this girl that I meet at a supermarket. I mean yeah, she may have a boyfriend already, but by not opening up my life story and by just doing simple little conversations I was able to talk to her, and she's comfortable with me. Now I don't mean that she's going to date me. Heck no I'm in the friendzone with that girl, but Sly you have to keep on talking to women to get better. You'll soon realize that after talking and being friends with a lot of girls in your state that one will soon start to be attracted to you. That's how I assumed it worked for guys who partied a lot. And no you don't need to party. I know that some girls have had a lot of nasty frogs in their life and have not found a prince, but you are not apart of their life.

I’m not good enough to talk to women. They don’t like it. They know I’m not good enough andnso find it creepy and give me nasty looks.
I almost talked to another lady at work when she was talking to someone about the movie jaws but I stopped myself.

The women I dated we talked for weeks before meeting which is why I came off confident in person with them and wasn’t shy with them.

There’s few women I say hi to and small talk with at work. The one who got physical sick from me trying to ask her out has stopped talking to me since she started dating the other guy at work. Most the others have left, but I was never close like alotmof the others at work are. Never exchanged numbers or Facebook, I never hung outside work with any employees. No one asks me to or talks to me much. Besides the older women at work who’ll talk to me more. The ones my ages have no intin me even as s friend but neither do the guys. I’m bit jealous how everyone else down stairs are all friends and hangout out side work, date each other and help set other employees up together.

I’m nice and I help anyone out when they ask.idk what to do :cry:

You’re crazy and must not been around wp long, but under no situation are men to talk to strange women out in about including the grocery store. Women are out shopping and injoying their life they don’t want to be bothered by creepy strange men. That’s what women on wp have said. I don’t dare try t talk to women out and about, I don’t go anywhere routinely either like you did.

ZachGoodwin
Veteran
Veteran

26 Oct 2017, 12:28 am

I feel sleazy after reading that. I'm sorry for what you are going through.

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

26 Oct 2017, 12:42 am

ZachGoodwin wrote:
I feel sleazy after reading that. I'm sorry for what you are going through.

Sorry. It sucks. I was super shy before wrong planet but now I wouldn’t ever approach women in person. I imagine women at my work also don’t want to be bothered by creepy loser.