Are paid dating sites worth it?

Page 2 of 3 [ 41 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

GiantHockeyFan
Veteran
Veteran

26 Oct 2017, 7:25 am

Strictly my own experience but eHarmony not only provided better matches but they frequently contacted me. I still ran into the same problem in that online dating in general is like dating purgatory but at least women were regularly messaging me.

Still would not recommend either method: sure I met plenty of women but by the end it made me very jaded and bitter at how rude and flaky "most women" (or so it felt at the time) were. I can't tell you how frustrating how I would spend an hour answering questions during the guided communication phase while it was clear the woman was typing into her phone at a red light.

The plus side is that I learned to not really give a fig about being rejected.

hale_bopp wrote:
No female is going to like you more for being a paid member.

I disagree. I had a number of women comment that they chose eHarmony because they felt those that paid were taking it more seriously. Too bad they couldn't follow their own 'rules'.

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

26 Oct 2017, 1:51 pm

Eharmony told me I’m unmatchable.

hale_bopp
Veteran
Veteran

26 Oct 2017, 5:33 pm

GiantHockeyFan wrote:
Strictly my own experience but eHarmony not only provided better matches but they frequently contacted me. I still ran into the same problem in that online dating in general is like dating purgatory but at least women were regularly messaging me.

Still would not recommend either method: sure I met plenty of women but by the end it made me very jaded and bitter at how rude and flaky "most women" (or so it felt at the time) were. I can't tell you how frustrating how I would spend an hour answering questions during the guided communication phase while it was clear the woman was typing into her phone at a red light.

The plus side is that I learned to not really give a fig about being rejected.

hale_bopp wrote:
No female is going to like you more for being a paid member.

I disagree. I had a number of women comment that they chose eHarmony because they felt those that paid were taking it more seriously. Too bad they couldn't follow their own 'rules'.

Understandable. I could be wrong about this.

exy34
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

27 Oct 2017, 9:55 am

sly279 wrote:
I feel it wouldn’t be any better the OkCupid only I’d be paying a lot of money to be rejected and told I’m worthless vs OkCupid makes it happen for free.

$240 is a lot of money to someone like me. I suspect paid sites are all full of well off women. Who will only want well off men hence paying so much to be there.

Usually, they are not worth. Why you just don't try with pof.com most popular, free, with largest members base in the world?

ZachGoodwin
Veteran
Veteran

27 Oct 2017, 10:04 am

Sweetleaf wrote:
sly279 wrote:
Sweetleaf wrote:
wouldn't have been for me...lol the guys on there probably would have seen me as too 'low of value' of dating material. Cause they would have totally wanted a nerdy girl living in her moms basement that can talk for at least a half hour of how they acquired the extended version of the first LOTR movie at a thrift store. But for whatever reason my boyfriend likes me anyways aside of my sometimes reoccurring repetitiveness.

Nerdy girls are really in right now and highly sought after.
Wish I could find s nerdy girl who lives at her parents and would date me.
Didn’t figure you for a nerd though since you are a metal rock girl.

All but eguys I onow in person and online want nerdy gamer girls. I dont know what jocks or outdoorsy guys want though.

Lol not nerdy, metalhead girls though....I mean unless you want to hear about metal bands for 50 minutes or more and then pink floyd for another 70 minutes and at least a half hour about some kind of bug and its defense mechanism and how it could be applied to current technology.

Some goth girls I feel purposely want to be depressed. Like they'll find reasons to be depressed. For some of them I understand that you live in a low-end home, and that your family has a hard time understanding your tastes, but that does not give you a reason to be sad about yourself or angry to people.

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

27 Oct 2017, 7:36 pm

exy34 wrote:
sly279 wrote:
I feel it wouldn’t be any better the OkCupid only I’d be paying a lot of money to be rejected and told I’m worthless vs OkCupid makes it happen for free.

$240 is a lot of money to someone like me. I suspect paid sites are all full of well off women. Who will only want well off men hence paying so much to be there.

Usually, they are not worth. Why you just don't try with pof.com most popular, free, with largest members base in the world?

I’ve been on OkCupid since I was 17, pof since I was 20, tinder for 3 years and bumble for 2 years. Been rejected by 1500 or so women from OkCupid and pof over that time. I ran out of women to message for while.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

28 Oct 2017, 7:23 am

Sly, it's not going to work.

You need a significant transformation before starting again.

Start with the weight/diet and gym.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

28 Oct 2017, 7:25 am

sly279 wrote:
Eharmony told me I’m unmatchable.

I recall I got unmatchable on eharmony because I am atheist and way shorter than the average man.

It's not for us.

RetroGamer87
Veteran
Veteran

28 Oct 2017, 10:37 am

I've gotten a lot of dates from a paid site called RSVP. I met the girl I'm dating at the moment on RSVP. Well worth it for me.

hale_bopp
Veteran
Veteran

28 Oct 2017, 10:48 pm

RetroGamer87 wrote:
I've gotten a lot of dates from a paid site called RSVP. I met the girl I'm dating at the moment on RSVP. Well worth it for me.

That’s good to hear. Some dating sites are way worse than others. You quickly learn which ones attract the bottom feeders.

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

29 Oct 2017, 5:54 pm

I used a lot of free dating sites & more than a few paid 1s & I had no luck but bad on all of them. I have physical disabilities in addition to my Aspergers & wasn't working a lot of the time I tried em(I did have some income coming in from SSI & later SSDI thou). I think part of my problem is that I'm very direct & straightforward & a lot of what I say gets taken the wrong way by NTs(especially women) & I take what they say the wrong way.

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition