Slys dating site advice help thread.

Page 54 of 56 [ 884 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56  Next

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

05 Feb 2018, 10:12 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:
If I did Internet dating, I'd probably get lots of rejections, too. I'm short.

I get a lot of rejections in person too, one lady actually got physical sick from me asking her out. Ugly is ugly doesn’t matter if it’s online or in person

imhere
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

05 Feb 2018, 10:30 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:

To each her own Kraftie. I'm short and want a short man to match. Dislike being with tall men.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

05 Feb 2018, 10:38 pm

I'm glad for that :D

AnneOleson
Veteran
Veteran

06 Feb 2018, 11:19 am

sly279 wrote:
kraftiekortie wrote:

I get a lot of rejections in person too, one lady actually got physical sick from me asking her out. Ugly is ugly doesn’t matter if it’s online or in person

Are you saying that you asked a woman, face to face, to go out on a date with you and she looked at you and vomited?

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

06 Feb 2018, 11:33 am

LOL....Somehow, I tend to doubt that!

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

06 Feb 2018, 3:02 pm

AnneOleson wrote:
sly279 wrote:
kraftiekortie wrote:

Are you saying that you asked a woman, face to face, to go out on a date with you and she looked at you and vomited?

No but she felt like vomiting and got dizzy and had to go sit down, and people asked what happen :( that’s how ugly I am.
I’m also so ugly and worthless no one ever sets me up, but they set up just about all the other single people at work .

fluffysaurus
Veteran
Veteran

06 Feb 2018, 3:29 pm

sly279 wrote:
AnneOleson wrote:
sly279 wrote:
kraftiekortie wrote:

No but she felt like vomiting and got dizzy and had to go sit down, and people asked what happen :( that’s how ugly I am.
I’m also so ugly and worthless no one ever sets me up, but they set up just about all the other single people at work .

Nobody ever set me up either and I'm not ugly. People just do an embarrassed little laugh and tell me relationships are hard work and that I'm better off on my own.

AngelRho
Veteran
Veteran

06 Feb 2018, 4:31 pm

fluffysaurus wrote:
sly279 wrote:
AnneOleson wrote:
sly279 wrote:
kraftiekortie wrote:

Nobody ever set me up either and I'm not ugly. People just do an embarrassed little laugh and tell me relationships are hard work and that I'm better off on my own.

“Better off” isn’t really the right term for it. But it’s much easier NOT being in a relationship. People who ARE in relationships will probably tell you, if they’re being honest, is they wouldn’t trade their SO for all the freedom in the world. Easy? No. Worth it...decide that on your own.

A more useful question would be whether someone can actually handle being in a relationship long term.

fluffysaurus
Veteran
Veteran

06 Feb 2018, 5:02 pm

AngelRho wrote:
fluffysaurus wrote:
sly279 wrote:
AnneOleson wrote:
sly279 wrote:
kraftiekortie wrote:

“Better off” isn’t really the right term for it. But it’s much easier NOT being in a relationship. People who ARE in relationships will probably tell you, if they’re being honest, is they wouldn’t trade their SO for all the freedom in the world. Easy? No. Worth it...decide that on your own.

A more useful question would be whether someone can actually handle being in a relationship long term.

Yes, I finally worked out that that is what they meant. I wish they had said that was their view at the time. I wouldn't have liked hearing it but I would have had a lot more time to work on some of my issues, as it is I'm still not exactly sure why people are convinced I'm unsuitable for a long term relationship, so I might not even be dealing with the right issues.

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

06 Feb 2018, 5:13 pm

sly279 wrote:

It's been explained to you many times over that it's because you believe this, live, breathe, and behave it that others won't set you up with girls. It's your depression, anxiety, and social awkwardness far more than what you look like.

I know some pretty ugly people who are happily in relationships. They're not depressed/suicidal and can be a real joy to be around. Others would set them up with coworkers etc, too.

Chances are you simply believe you're uglier than people think you really are. Everyone is their own worst critic.

It still remains that no one is going to jump at the chance to introduce you to people while you remain in the state you are. No one is thinking "Oh yeah, sly, the guy who's suicidally depressed.. yeah, <girl name> might really be into him!"

Horse-Cart. You've got to get your depression under control before anyone will introduce you to others. Then it'll be "Oh yeah, sly, he's a nice guy, maybe she'd like him?" Even aspies get set up with people despite their social awkwardness. It's the crippling depression that's your biggest constraint.

AnneOleson
Veteran
Veteran

06 Feb 2018, 6:14 pm

sly279 wrote:
AnneOleson wrote:
sly279 wrote:
kraftiekortie wrote:

I suspect that she didn’t really feel that way, but enjoyed the attention her deliberate bitchiness was getting for her. She sounds mean.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

06 Feb 2018, 6:47 pm

Sly really isn't ugly at all. He's pretty average looking. Certainly not enough for somebody to get nauseous about it.

And he probably smells pretty good, too. Because one of his "special interests" is shaving.

People get nauseous if somebody has really bad breath or something. Even people who look like models could have fetid breath.

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

06 Feb 2018, 7:23 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:
Sly really isn't ugly at all. He's pretty average looking. Certainly not enough for somebody to get nauseous about it.

And he probably smells pretty good, too. Because one of his "special interests" is shaving.

People get nauseous if somebody has really bad breath or something. Even people who look like models could have fetid breath.

That's the thing I keep pointing out. It's sly's own perception of himself that's so negative due to his depression. I know first hand because I used to be horribly depressed. I also, at the time, believed I was as ugly as sly believes he is, because you literally perceive everything through the most negative imaginable filter.

Now I'm not depressed. I don't think I'm "hot," but at the very least I'm average. Some people are attracted to me, others aren't, that's that. I'm in better physical shape & that's certainly more attractive. Although, I've slipped a bit this Winter & it's time to get super strict on diet and exercise again - not just for appearance, but for general health.

Like a broken record.. if sly would treat his depression & get it under control his perceptions of literally everything would improve, including what he thinks of himself when he looks in the mirror.

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

06 Feb 2018, 7:52 pm

AnneOleson wrote:
sly279 wrote:
AnneOleson wrote:
sly279 wrote:
kraftiekortie wrote:

I suspect that she didn’t really feel that way, but enjoyed the attention her deliberate bitchiness was getting for her. She sounds mean.

I dont know she is one of the nicer women at work. Like I was sad yesterday after over hearing she was setting the new lady u with another guy at work, and she noticed later and asked if I was ok and stayed for a bit trying to get me to talk. Also the manager came u right as it happen and she was on clock.

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

06 Feb 2018, 7:55 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:

I don’t think so. Cause average looking people will still have a good amount of people who find the, attractive. As well as others who don’t hence why they average.
No woman has ever found me good looking. They all said I’m ugly or unattractive. Not a single woman has felt otherwise. Hard facts to ingore. If I was average thered have to been atleast a few women who find me attractive.

You seem to have a thing about breath.
I brush my teeth and use gum

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

06 Feb 2018, 7:59 pm

To some women, nice breath on a man is much more important than "looks."

I feel the same way about women.

I'm overly sensitive to "bad breath." I'm sensitive about my own breath.