Do any of you know of good foot care items?

Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

26 Oct 2017, 2:04 am

Uhh so my brother seems to have a problem with really itchy feet and itchy skin...so I would like to see if I could find him something to help. He's tried like athletes foot sprays and things and none of it works...lol seems like he doesn't really want to talk about the issue...so I feel like if I could just find something he could put on them to help and give it to him discreetly it would be better. So does anyone know something that is good for feet in bad shape with peeling skin and potential athletes foot? I mean the thing is I know he has tried things like that and they haven't worked...so was more wondering if people have alternate ideas aside from foot lotion.

But yeah he just regularly ends up scratching them because they're so itchy so I just wish I could find him something to help that.

Noca
Veteran
Veteran

26 Oct 2017, 10:32 am

Lamisil cream for atheletes foot. It requires more than one application to work, use it until the itch/fungal infection goes away. For itching he can use topical Benadryl cream or simply take oral antihistamines like Benadryl or Zyrtec.

Calamine lotion or skin lotion with colloidal oatmeal helps with itching. Adding a drop or two of tea tree oil with coconut oil would be a natural solution to atheletes foot. Both tea tree oil and coconut oil are antifungals.

fifasy
Veteran
Veteran

31 Oct 2017, 11:27 am

He could try putting a few drops of chamomile, lavender or tea tree essential oil on the itchy area and rubbing them in.

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

04 Nov 2017, 6:20 am

Could it be dry skin perhaps :?: I have similar issues with my feet cuz the skin on the bottom gets really dry & cracks & peels which itches sometimes. I have skin eczema so it may be related to that. Moisturizing them helps & so does using one of those foot-sander things to get rid of dead skin assuming it is dry skin of coarse

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition