Page 1 of 1 [ 10 posts ] 

Futzeru
Butterfly
Butterfly

26 Oct 2017, 7:59 pm

When I feel it on my head it causes me to scratch subconsciously and it's most prominent on my head, when it's really bad I scratch a lot and it causes my head to blister and sometimes starts bleeding a lot, I can't really scratch properly since I bite my nails and constantly have no nails so it irritates me a lot, people usually think I have knits or something and it makes me really paranoid when in public.

This_Amoeba
Veteran
Veteran

26 Oct 2017, 8:20 pm

Are you on any medications? I had bugs crawling on/under skin sensation when my parents had me on too high a dose of ritilin when I was 6 years old. It also made me bite my nails and eat the skin inside my mouth. Ritilin sucks!

Futzeru
Butterfly
Butterfly

26 Oct 2017, 11:14 pm

This_Amoeba wrote:
Are you on any medications? I had bugs crawling on/under skin sensation when my parents had me on too high a dose of ritilin when I was 6 years old. It also made me bite my nails and eat the skin inside my mouth. Ritilin sucks!

No, I've never been on any medication.

Pieplup
Veteran
Veteran

27 Oct 2017, 4:04 am

Futzeru wrote:
This_Amoeba wrote:

No, I've never been on any medication.
It could be scizophrenia I'd talk to your doctor about it.

This_Amoeba
Veteran
Veteran

27 Oct 2017, 12:39 pm

^its more likely to be a nerve problem or dermatitis. Certain nerve disorders can cause itchy feeling that's not really itchy.

FireBird
Veteran
Veteran

28 Oct 2017, 8:59 pm

I wish I can help you. I having this itching sensation as well and have bled all over the place. You should see a doctor about it, maybe a dermatologist or something. I have this not just on my head but all over my entire body, especially at night as I am fighting to fall asleep. At its most severe state, it can take me several hours just to fall asleep. I call it the Battle. Does it happen at certain times or all day? How long have you had this?

Futzeru
Butterfly
Butterfly

28 Oct 2017, 9:49 pm

FireBird wrote:
I wish I can help you. I having this itching sensation as well and have bled all over the place. You should see a doctor about it, maybe a dermatologist or something. I have this not just on my head but all over my entire body, especially at night as I am fighting to fall asleep. At its most severe state, it can take me several hours just to fall asleep. I call it the Battle. Does it happen at certain times or all day? How long have you had this?

I usually have it all the time, and I also have it all over my body but not too bad everywhere else, It's mostly at times of relaxation or when I have the time to notice it, at night it is also very bad for me.

DancingCorpse
Veteran
Veteran

29 Oct 2017, 12:34 am

When my nerves are fried from stressing endlessly and I'm not sleeping well I sometimes believe I'm losing my marbles and interpret shadows and flickering lights as bugs or banshees crawling up the walls, I can physically shake when I'm having a rough patch which can feel like I'm breaking apart.

Futzeru
Butterfly
Butterfly

03 Nov 2017, 2:10 am

I've had a new and strange but frightening experience the other night; I lay in bed with a plan to sleep, I wasn't necessarily tired but I lay directly on my back face up, all of a sudden a pins and needles feeling began on the heel of my right foot, it felt like it had begun to travel up my ankle, but as soon as if hit my calf it became like spiders, then it too started in my left foot and did the same, I closed my eyes in fright of the dark (I've never been afraid of the dark before, but for some reason I suddenly was.) and my entire body began to shake, I was trembling and my heart sped up. The feeling of spiders crawling up my body continued, up my back, stomach, to my neck and the top of my head. All I could see when I closed my eyes was spiders crawling up me, I ended up staying awake for about 2 hours in fright of falling asleep, then visioning ghosts flying around me, I didn't want to move or try to itch them away.

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

04 Nov 2017, 9:18 pm

I would talk to a doc about it because it could be something like dermatitis(I've had that BAD as a kid & would scratch till I bled alot), maybe dandruff, an anxiety or stress disorder(anxiety & stress made me scratch more but I'm on an anxiety med now thankfully), OCD(I've had that bad at times before I started a med for it), perhaps schizophrenia or some other kind of paranoid disorder(I think the chances are low thou), or something like delusional parasitosis.

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition