Page 4 of 4 [ 63 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

01 Nov 2017, 5:17 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
EzraS wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
And Reuters, NPR, and AP give Trump a glowing review?

How would that be non-partisan?

CNN: Trump did an awful job giving a speech today.

Fox: Trump did a wonderful job giving a speech today.

Reuters: Trump gave a speech today.

Well, is there even an opinion page?

Why not give it a look and see for yourself?

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

01 Nov 2017, 8:36 pm

EzraS wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
EzraS wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
And Reuters, NPR, and AP give Trump a glowing review?

How would that be non-partisan?

CNN: Trump did an awful job giving a speech today.

Fox: Trump did a wonderful job giving a speech today.

Reuters: Trump gave a speech today.

Well, is there even an opinion page?

Why not give it a look and see for yourself?

Might do that.

JohnPowell
Veteran
Veteran

02 Nov 2017, 12:43 pm

Biscuitman wrote:
EzraS wrote:
Biscuitman wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
ASPartOfMe wrote:
Ex-Trump campaign adviser pleads guilty to making false statement
Quote:
A former Trump campaign foreign policy adviser has pleaded guilty to making a false statement to the FBI after he lied about his interactions with foreign officials close to the Russian government.

In court records unsealed on Monday, the FBI said George Papadopoulos "falsely described his interactions with a certain foreign contact who discussed 'dirt' related to emails" concerning Hillary Clinton.
In addition, former Trump campaign chairman Paul Manafort and former Trump campaign official Rick Gates surrendered Monday to Justice Department special counsel Robert Mueller.

A former Trump campaign foreign policy adviser has pleaded guilty to making a false statement to the FBI after he lied about his interactions with foreign officials close to the Russian government.

In court records unsealed on Monday, the FBI said George Papadopoulos "falsely described his interactions with a certain foreign contact who discussed 'dirt' related to emails" concerning Hillary Clinton.
In addition, former Trump campaign chairman Paul Manafort and former Trump campaign official Rick Gates surrendered Monday to Justice Department special counsel Robert Mueller.

Sorry, but this is years ago, before Paul Manafort was part of the Trump campaign. But why aren't Crooked Hillary & the Dems the focus?????

Donald J. Trump ✔ @realDonaldTrump
....Also, there is NO COLLUSION

I think there should be a seperate special prosecuter to look into the Clinton Foundation gifts and the Russian uranuim deal. This is not and either or situtation, It would not surprise me if both sides are guilty as sin. The difference is Trump and a lot of his team are clumsey while Clinton's are excellent at finding ways not to be held accountable.

As I heard the "uranium deal" explained on MSNBC, the whole thing was above board with the okay from 14 different American intelligence and law enforcement agencies, selling it to a Russian company, not the Russian government. That, and from the available timetable, Clinton wasn't Secretary of State yet. Or in other words, the Trump administration is trying to throw up a diversionary tactic to buy them some time, accusing Obama and Clinton of a crime that had never been. Smells of orange fear and desperation to me.

Agree. Sadly some people now find themselves in a position where they have been supporting a person who has employed treasonous staff or maybe even someone who themselves were plotting against America. It can't be easy to accept but they must sit and wonder sometimes what that actually makes them. In time this investigation will unearth a lot of truths IMO and a lot of people will end up doing some soul searching. People will wonder how so many folk started despising their own country like this.

Most likely they would conclude that he was still a better choice than Hillary.

It would say an awful lot about them if they did tbh.

I think some of them might want to think about actually moving to Russia as they may end up having to admit they actually wanted Russia controlling America all along. Jeez, just how much may some of these extreme Trump fans despise their own country?

What a load of tripe. Russia controlling the US? :lol: There's the biggest build up of troops round the Russian border since WWII, can you imagine if that was the other way round. Still waiting for these Russian ghost stories to come true :roll:

"No one believes more firmly than Comrade Napoleon that all animals are equal. He would be only too happy to let you make your decisions for yourselves. But sometimes you might make the wrong decisions, comrades, and then where should we be?"

B19
Veteran
Veteran

02 Nov 2017, 4:06 pm

In this morning's NZ Herald editorial, a name (Misfud) that I hadn't heard of before in relation to Papadopulous and Russiangate. http://www.nzherald.co.nz/opinion/news/ ... d=11939829

He is Maltese (I think) living in London:
"In scenes reminiscent of spy fiction, the FBI claims the go-between was London-based Professor Joseph Mifsud, who arrived at one meeting with a woman posing as Vladimir Putin's niece".

Biscuitman
Veteran
Veteran

02 Nov 2017, 4:45 pm

JohnPowell wrote:
Biscuitman wrote:
EzraS wrote:
Biscuitman wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
ASPartOfMe wrote:
Quote:

Sorry, but this is years ago, before Paul Manafort was part of the Trump campaign. But why aren't Crooked Hillary & the Dems the focus?????

I think there should be a seperate special prosecuter to look into the Clinton Foundation gifts and the Russian uranuim deal. This is not and either or situtation, It would not surprise me if both sides are guilty as sin. The difference is Trump and a lot of his team are clumsey while Clinton's are excellent at finding ways not to be held accountable.

As I heard the "uranium deal" explained on MSNBC, the whole thing was above board with the okay from 14 different American intelligence and law enforcement agencies, selling it to a Russian company, not the Russian government. That, and from the available timetable, Clinton wasn't Secretary of State yet. Or in other words, the Trump administration is trying to throw up a diversionary tactic to buy them some time, accusing Obama and Clinton of a crime that had never been. Smells of orange fear and desperation to me.

Agree. Sadly some people now find themselves in a position where they have been supporting a person who has employed treasonous staff or maybe even someone who themselves were plotting against America. It can't be easy to accept but they must sit and wonder sometimes what that actually makes them. In time this investigation will unearth a lot of truths IMO and a lot of people will end up doing some soul searching. People will wonder how so many folk started despising their own country like this.

I think some of them might want to think about actually moving to Russia as they may end up having to admit they actually wanted Russia controlling America all along. Jeez, just how much may some of these extreme Trump fans despise their own country?

What a load of tripe. Russia controlling the US?

Just saying what it may end up seeming that some voters wanted. If it turns out that people were actively championing someone to run the country when he employes traitors, or is even a traitor himself, then I could see a situation where people might ask why these voters despised America so much to want to do that.

JohnPowell
Veteran
Veteran

02 Nov 2017, 7:52 pm

Biscuitman wrote:
JohnPowell wrote:
Biscuitman wrote:
EzraS wrote:
Biscuitman wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
ASPartOfMe wrote:
Quote:

What a load of tripe. Russia controlling the US?

Just saying what it may end up seeming that some voters wanted. If it turns out that people were actively championing someone to run the country when he employes traitors, or is even a traitor himself, then I could see a situation where people might ask why these voters despised America so much to want to do that.

Pretty much every single politician is a traitor, if you actually educated yourself. Every single person that supported the wars in the Middle East is a worse traitor, even if the Russian fantasies were true.

"No one believes more firmly than Comrade Napoleon that all animals are equal. He would be only too happy to let you make your decisions for yourselves. But sometimes you might make the wrong decisions, comrades, and then where should we be?"

Biscuitman
Veteran
Veteran

03 Nov 2017, 2:35 am

Sounds like you are trying to deflect somewhat

JohnPowell
Veteran
Veteran

03 Nov 2017, 1:43 pm

I just countered your point about the Russian conspiracy theories.

androbot01
Veteran
Veteran

04 Nov 2017, 12:59 am

Trump thinks it is a good idea to deal with Russia. Russian banks financed many of his building projects prior to his run for President and he'd have contacts there. He probably didn't think there was anything wrong with dealing with them with regard to his campaign. America elected a buffoon because they had given up on their country and now we all get to watch it play out. It's become amusing now because Trump is such a great Falstaff. I think it's going to get ugly before it's over though.

JohnPowell
Veteran
Veteran

05 Nov 2017, 2:21 pm

Banks across the world financed his building projects across the world, it doesn't mean they all hacked the election. Blah blah. Still was the best option over Hillary.

JohnPowell
Veteran
Veteran

05 Nov 2017, 2:23 pm

The working class voted for Trump because they wanted something different. They did the same with Obama in 2008, but after 8 years of no 'hope' and no 'change', they weren't going to vote for some psychotic war monger who worked closely with Obama and who lost to him in 2007.

Biscuitman
Veteran
Veteran

05 Nov 2017, 2:55 pm

JohnPowell wrote:
Still was the best option over Hillary.

All them republican candidates, the independents, even Sanders, but you claim Trump was 'the best option'

:lol:

JohnPowell
Veteran
Veteran

05 Nov 2017, 3:06 pm

Biscuitman wrote:
JohnPowell wrote:
Still was the best option over Hillary.

All them republican candidates, the independents, even Sanders, but you claim Trump was 'the best option'

:lol:

I swear some of you people just read what you want to read. "The best option OVER HILLARY" I wrote.

B19
Veteran
Veteran

05 Nov 2017, 4:37 pm

The Paradise Papers will no doubt be of interest to the investigation:

https://www.theguardian.com/news/2017/n ... tax-havens

In that particular article there is no mention of Wilbur Ross, though he is cited in the Paradise Papers and in other commentaries. For some time he has seemed to me to be the elephant in the room in the thousands of previous articles about Mueller investigation to date.

JohnPowell
Veteran
Veteran

05 Nov 2017, 6:33 pm

:help: