First charges filed in Mueller investigation

Page 1 of 4 [ 63 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

28 Oct 2017, 12:59 am

http://www.cnn.com/2017/10/27/politics/first-charges-mueller-investigation/index.html

Quote:
A federal grand jury in Washington on Friday approved the first charges in the investigation led by special counsel Robert Mueller, according to sources briefed on the matter.

The charges are still sealed under orders from a federal judge. Plans were prepared Friday for anyone charged to be taken into custody as soon as Monday, the sources said. It is unclear what the charges are.

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

B19
Veteran
Veteran

28 Oct 2017, 1:03 am

The bets will be on Flynn?

Biscuitman
Veteran
Veteran

29 Oct 2017, 10:48 am

WSJ suggesting the first arrest could be as early as tomorrow.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

29 Oct 2017, 11:13 am

B19 wrote:
The bets will be on Flynn?

Flynn and or Manafort.

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

29 Oct 2017, 4:34 pm

For all we know, more than one suspect could be arrested tomorrow. :evil:

the_phoenix
Veteran
Veteran

29 Oct 2017, 6:34 pm

AnonymousAnonymous wrote:
For all we know, more than one suspect could be arrested tomorrow. :evil:

Why the angry emoticon?

B19
Veteran
Veteran

29 Oct 2017, 8:44 pm

I would be very surprised if Manafort isn't the first to be named.

https://washingtonmonthly.com/2017/10/2 ... th-russia/

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

30 Oct 2017, 1:50 am

My guess is that this investigation isn't going to get any further than Flynn and or Manadort. That despite all the hype, it will have a lackluster conclusion.

B19
Veteran
Veteran

30 Oct 2017, 2:10 am

The fullness of time may bring some surprises.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

30 Oct 2017, 2:21 am

I wouldn't invest too much hope in that.

Biscuitman
Veteran
Veteran

30 Oct 2017, 8:09 am

Manafort is the first to fall. 12 indictments including 'plotting against the US'

:lol:

Biscuitman
Veteran
Veteran

30 Oct 2017, 9:41 am

Also revealed that Trump's campaign foreign advisor already secretly pleaded guilty some weeks ago as part of Mueller's investigation,

lovely stuff

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

30 Oct 2017, 10:35 am

Ex-Trump campaign adviser pleads guilty to making false statement

Quote:
A former Trump campaign foreign policy adviser has pleaded guilty to making a false statement to the FBI after he lied about his interactions with foreign officials close to the Russian government.

In court records unsealed on Monday, the FBI said George Papadopoulos "falsely described his interactions with a certain foreign contact who discussed 'dirt' related to emails" concerning Hillary Clinton.
In addition, former Trump campaign chairman Paul Manafort and former Trump campaign official Rick Gates surrendered Monday to Justice Department special counsel Robert Mueller.

A former Trump campaign foreign policy adviser has pleaded guilty to making a false statement to the FBI after he lied about his interactions with foreign officials close to the Russian government.

In court records unsealed on Monday, the FBI said George Papadopoulos "falsely described his interactions with a certain foreign contact who discussed 'dirt' related to emails" concerning Hillary Clinton.
In addition, former Trump campaign chairman Paul Manafort and former Trump campaign official Rick Gates surrendered Monday to Justice Department special counsel Robert Mueller.

Sorry, but this is years ago, before Paul Manafort was part of the Trump campaign. But why aren't Crooked Hillary & the Dems the focus?????

Donald J. Trump ✔ @realDonaldTrump
....Also, there is NO COLLUSION

I think there should be a seperate special prosecuter to look into the Clinton Foundation gifts and the Russian uranuim deal. This is not and either or situtation, It would not surprise me if both sides are guilty as sin. The difference is Trump and a lot of his team are clumsey while Clinton's are excellent at finding ways not to be held accountable.

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

Biscuitman
Veteran
Veteran

30 Oct 2017, 3:03 pm

B19
Veteran
Veteran

30 Oct 2017, 3:31 pm

Mueller: the real drainer of the swamp.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

30 Oct 2017, 4:13 pm

ASPartOfMe wrote:
Ex-Trump campaign adviser pleads guilty to making false statement
Quote:

Sorry, but this is years ago, before Paul Manafort was part of the Trump campaign. But why aren't Crooked Hillary & the Dems the focus?????

Donald J. Trump ✔ @realDonaldTrump
....Also, there is NO COLLUSION

I think there should be a seperate special prosecuter to look into the Clinton Foundation gifts and the Russian uranuim deal. This is not and either or situtation, It would not surprise me if both sides are guilty as sin. The difference is Trump and a lot of his team are clumsey while Clinton's are excellent at finding ways not to be held accountable.

As I heard the "uranium deal" explained on MSNBC, the whole thing was above board with the okay from 14 different American intelligence and law enforcement agencies, selling it to a Russian company, not the Russian government. That, and from the available timetable, Clinton wasn't Secretary of State yet. Or in other words, the Trump administration is trying to throw up a diversionary tactic to buy them some time, accusing Obama and Clinton of a crime that had never been. Smells of orange fear and desperation to me.