First charges filed in Mueller investigation

Page 2 of 4 [ 63 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

31 Oct 2017, 6:56 am

Biscuitman wrote:
If it turns out people have supported, campaigned & championed someone who was committing treason against America by way of Russian influence, then it will leave a lot of questions over those people for the general public.

I think if such an unlikely event occurred, they would have had a reasonable doubt as to the validity of the chagres prior to them having been proven. Some questions might be, would they have been less supportive if the opposition hadn't acted so much like an angry vendictive mob carrying torches and pitchforks? Would they have been less likely to have voted for the individual in the first place, if the other side hadn't made such an atrocious pick to run against him? Lots of questions along those lines I'm sure, because the other side has played a huge part in fostering support from the very beginning.

Biscuitman
Veteran
Veteran

31 Oct 2017, 9:18 am

EzraS wrote:
Biscuitman wrote:
If it turns out people have supported, campaigned & championed someone who was committing treason against America by way of Russian influence, then it will leave a lot of questions over those people for the general public.

I think if such an unlikely event occurred, they would have had a reasonable doubt as to the validity of the chagres prior to them having been proven. Some questions might be, would they have been less supportive if the opposition hadn't acted so much like an angry vendictive mob carrying torches and pitchforks? Would they have been less likely to have voted for the individual in the first place, if the other side hadn't made such an atrocious pick to run against him? Lots of questions along those lines I'm sure, because the other side has played a huge part in fostering support from the very beginning.

Ahh the old 'it's all someone else's fault' angle, hoping to take absolutely zero personal responsibility for your own actions.

Let's agree to disagree I think. You don't appear to think it, but I can see why some of the voters intentions, morals and thoughts on their own country would be called into question if it turned out they had spent months (years?) championing a person who it turned out was an actual traitor to America.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

31 Oct 2017, 10:18 am

Biscuitman wrote:
EzraS wrote:
Biscuitman wrote:

Ahh the old 'it's all someone else's fault' angle, hoping to take absolutely zero personal responsibility for your own actions.

Let's agree to disagree I think. You don't appear to think it, but I can see why some of the voters intentions, morals and thoughts on their own country would be called into question if it turned out they had spent months (years?) championing a person who it turned out was an actual traitor to America.

I wasn't giving an all or nothing scenario. But I think the other side has way overdone it and it's been counter productive. There's a few articles that address that theory like:

"Are Liberals Helping Trump?" from the NY Times https://www.nytimes.com/2017/02/18/opin ... trump.html

"How Late-Night Comedy Fueled the Rise of Trump" from The Atlantic https://www.theatlantic.com/magazine/ar ... mp/521472/

But I'm sure virtually no one is championing a person they think is a traitor. If they thought he was probably a traitor and championed him anyways, that would be another matter.

And another question which I have heard asked is, how will those who insist he's a traitor will feel if it's proven he wasn't? Would they apologize etc?

Biscuitman
Veteran
Veteran

31 Oct 2017, 10:41 am

EzraS wrote:
But I'm sure virtually no one is championing a person they think is a traitor

I am not so sure. I can see people questioning that anyway.

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

31 Oct 2017, 11:33 am

Kraichgauer wrote:
ASPartOfMe wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
ASPartOfMe wrote:
Ex-Trump campaign adviser pleads guilty to making false statement
Quote:
A former Trump campaign foreign policy adviser has pleaded guilty to making a false statement to the FBI after he lied about his interactions with foreign officials close to the Russian government.

In court records unsealed on Monday, the FBI said George Papadopoulos "falsely described his interactions with a certain foreign contact who discussed 'dirt' related to emails" concerning Hillary Clinton.
In addition, former Trump campaign chairman Paul Manafort and former Trump campaign official Rick Gates surrendered Monday to Justice Department special counsel Robert Mueller.

A former Trump campaign foreign policy adviser has pleaded guilty to making a false statement to the FBI after he lied about his interactions with foreign officials close to the Russian government.

In court records unsealed on Monday, the FBI said George Papadopoulos "falsely described his interactions with a certain foreign contact who discussed 'dirt' related to emails" concerning Hillary Clinton.
In addition, former Trump campaign chairman Paul Manafort and former Trump campaign official Rick Gates surrendered Monday to Justice Department special counsel Robert Mueller.

Sorry, but this is years ago, before Paul Manafort was part of the Trump campaign. But why aren't Crooked Hillary & the Dems the focus?????

Donald J. Trump ✔ @realDonaldTrump
....Also, there is NO COLLUSION

I think there should be a seperate special prosecuter to look into the Clinton Foundation gifts and the Russian uranuim deal. This is not and either or situtation, It would not surprise me if both sides are guilty as sin. The difference is Trump and a lot of his team are clumsey while Clinton's are excellent at finding ways not to be held accountable.

As I heard the "uranium deal" explained on MSNBC, the whole thing was above board with the okay from 14 different American intelligence and law enforcement agencies, selling it to a Russian company, not the Russian government. That, and from the available timetable, Clinton wasn't Secretary of State yet. Or in other words, the Trump administration is trying to throw up a diversionary tactic to buy them some time, accusing Obama and Clinton of a crime that had never been. Smells of orange fear and desperation to me.

There was supposidly all this bribary involved. Arguably agreeing to to give 20 percent of our uranamim to the Russkis
is just as treasonous as letting the Russkis direct your Presidential campaign. Even if it is lessor treason or legal treason it is still treason. Noticed you did not mention the Clinton foundation. If was it was above board(legal bribery) as it probably was it just proves the Clinton's are fabulous at finding ways at not being held accountable. They have been doing it for decades and likely will get away it with yet again.

Again, from what I heard, Clinton wasn't in the State Department yet, therefore I don't see how the Clinton Foundation had played any part in this, other than in Trump's fevered imaginings.
That, and the uranium was sold not to the Russian government, but to a company in Canada owned by Russians. As I understand it, the uranium in question never was taken out of Canada to Russia.

It did not have to be, it is a matter of control.

Trump agreeing and tweeting and exegerating it therefore it is a non issue because the person bringing it up must be a wingnut is a diversion from what was actually reported by a very anti Trump newspaper.

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

31 Oct 2017, 12:38 pm

EzraS wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
EzraS wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
EzraS wrote:
Where there's smoke there's fire.

The only problem is, as far as I can see there is no fire or smoke, despite the fact that Trump's pulled the fire alarm.

The problem is, you're wearing blinders.

There's a rational explanation for what amounts to a diversion thrown up by Trump to deflect attention from his own scandals. This uranium thing will end up in the same trash heap where the Obama-spied-on-Trump bullsh*t ended up. So far, Obama and Clinton aren't throwing histrionic hissy fits like Trump and company have been.

Sounds like denial.

Believe what you like.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

31 Oct 2017, 12:43 pm

EzraS wrote:
Biscuitman wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
ASPartOfMe wrote:
Quote:

Sorry, but this is years ago, before Paul Manafort was part of the Trump campaign. But why aren't Crooked Hillary & the Dems the focus?????

I think there should be a seperate special prosecuter to look into the Clinton Foundation gifts and the Russian uranuim deal. This is not and either or situtation, It would not surprise me if both sides are guilty as sin. The difference is Trump and a lot of his team are clumsey while Clinton's are excellent at finding ways not to be held accountable.

As I heard the "uranium deal" explained on MSNBC, the whole thing was above board with the okay from 14 different American intelligence and law enforcement agencies, selling it to a Russian company, not the Russian government. That, and from the available timetable, Clinton wasn't Secretary of State yet. Or in other words, the Trump administration is trying to throw up a diversionary tactic to buy them some time, accusing Obama and Clinton of a crime that had never been. Smells of orange fear and desperation to me.

Agree. Sadly some people now find themselves in a position where they have been supporting a person who has employed treasonous staff or maybe even someone who themselves were plotting against America. It can't be easy to accept but they must sit and wonder sometimes what that actually makes them. In time this investigation will unearth a lot of truths IMO and a lot of people will end up doing some soul searching. People will wonder how so many folk started despising their own country like this.

Most likely they would conclude that he was still a better choice than Hillary.

Clinton wouldn't have been a daily embarrassment, would have actually gotten things done, and wouldn't have denied millions of people access to healthcare with a new harebrained healthcare scheme.

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

31 Oct 2017, 2:42 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
EzraS wrote:
Biscuitman wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
ASPartOfMe wrote:
Quote:

Agree. Sadly some people now find themselves in a position where they have been supporting a person who has employed treasonous staff or maybe even someone who themselves were plotting against America. It can't be easy to accept but they must sit and wonder sometimes what that actually makes them. In time this investigation will unearth a lot of truths IMO and a lot of people will end up doing some soul searching. People will wonder how so many folk started despising their own country like this.

Clinton wouldn't have been a daily embarrassment, would have actually gotten things done, and wouldn't have denied millions of people access to healthcare with a new harebrained healthcare scheme.

Those are unimportant compared to constantly wondering if me, everybody I know, everything I know won't be around tomorrow because Trump threw a temper tantrum.

That above is most important but still not a valid reason not to point out the suspicious coincidence of the uranium deal followed immediately by a $500,000 payment to the Clinton Foundation.

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

31 Oct 2017, 2:49 pm

ASPartOfMe wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
EzraS wrote:
Biscuitman wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
ASPartOfMe wrote:
Quote:

Those are unimportant compared to constantly wondering if me, everybody I know, everything I know won't be around tommorrow because Trump threw a temper tantrum.

That above is most important but still not a valid reason not to point out the suspicous coincidence of the urianium deal followed immmediatly by a $500,000 payment to the Clinton foundation.

I'd still take her over the walking Cheeto any day.

B19
Veteran
Veteran

31 Oct 2017, 3:34 pm

I have great respect for Mueller, an outstanding Republican and war hero (no bone spurs) with peerless credentials.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

31 Oct 2017, 7:31 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
EzraS wrote:
Biscuitman wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
ASPartOfMe wrote:
Quote:

According to left leaning "news" sources that are on a constant smear campaign. Just because they dominate the media and late night tv, doesn't make them reliable.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

31 Oct 2017, 10:47 pm

EzraS wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
EzraS wrote:
Biscuitman wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
ASPartOfMe wrote:
Quote:

According to left leaning "news" sources that are on a constant smear campaign. Just because they dominate the media and late night tv, doesn't make them reliable.

No, what makes them reliable is their reliance on facts.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

01 Nov 2017, 2:02 am

Kraichgauer wrote:
EzraS wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
EzraS wrote:
Biscuitman wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
ASPartOfMe wrote:
Quote:

Non-partisan sources like Reuters, NPR and AP give facts.

Partisan sourses give their audience what they want to hear. It's not rocket science to figure that out.

CNN gives the left the facts they want to hear, the same as Fox gives the right the facts they want to hear. Again, this is a no-brainer.

To me anyone who appeals to clearly biased partisan sources, isn't really seeking actual facts.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

01 Nov 2017, 11:14 am

EzraS wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
EzraS wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
EzraS wrote:
Biscuitman wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
ASPartOfMe wrote:
Quote:

Non-partisan sources like Reuters, NPR and AP give facts.

Partisan sourses give their audience what they want to hear. It's not rocket science to figure that out.

CNN gives the left the facts they want to hear, the same as Fox gives the right the facts they want to hear. Again, this is a no-brainer.

To me anyone who appeals to clearly biased partisan sources, isn't really seeking actual facts.

And Reuters, NPR, and AP give Trump a glowing review?

B19
Veteran
Veteran

01 Nov 2017, 2:56 pm

http://money.cnn.com/2017/10/31/media/f ... index.html:

"I want to quit: Fox News employees say their network's Russia coverage was 'an embarrassment'.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

01 Nov 2017, 4:30 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
And Reuters, NPR, and AP give Trump a glowing review?

How would that be non-partisan?

CNN: Trump did an awful job giving a speech today.

Fox: Trump did a wonderful job giving a speech today.

Reuters: Trump gave a speech today.