Can this be improved for readability? Help appreciated..

Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

B19
Veteran
Veteran

28 Oct 2017, 6:29 pm

Could someone possible make this linked map easier to read for me? I don't know how to darken and clarify the text or make the map more readable, and it's almost impossible for me to see in it's current version:

https://36th-parallel.com/wp-content/up ... 835726.png

Esmerelda Weatherwax
Veteran
Veteran

28 Oct 2017, 6:40 pm

Oof, I'm not a supercyberAspie. I tried to enlarge it for reposting but couldn't sharpen the focus.

If you just want to read it for yourself, try saving it to your pictures library as a .jpeg and opening that file in Paint, assuming you're on a MS machine. It will open at its current size and the slider at lower right will show that as 100%. You can then enlarge it up to 300% to read it by moving the slider, but as I mentioned it will blur. So you can read it for yourself that way, but it won't post elegantly at all.

I'm sure someone here has graphic artist mad skillz and can enlarge and sharpen the focus. If I figure out how, I'll post.

"I believe you find life such a problem because you think there are the good people and the bad people," said the man. "You're wrong, of course. There are, always and only, the bad people, but some of them are on opposite sides."
-- Terry Pratchett, Guards! Guards!

B19
Veteran
Veteran

28 Oct 2017, 7:00 pm

Help much appreciated..

eric76
Veteran
Veteran

03 Nov 2017, 11:27 am

That's a rather low resolution image. The easiest approach is to search for a higher resolution image with a search engine.

How about:

B19
Veteran
Veteran

03 Nov 2017, 1:38 pm

Thank you, much appreciated. Now I can increase the size with a click and the clarity thanks to you means I can read it now :). Wish I was as clever as you in these things.

eric76
Veteran
Veteran

03 Nov 2017, 1:48 pm

B19 wrote:
Thank you, much appreciated. Now I can increase the size with a click and the clarity thanks to you means I can read it now :). Wish I was as clever as you in these things.

Thanks.

It surprised me when searching for it, that this was the only copy I found. In many cases when trying to find a better copy of an image there may be dozens to choose from.