Page 1 of 1 [ 9 posts ] 

Sciencelover4ever
Butterfly
Butterfly

28 Oct 2017, 8:36 pm

If so, what kinds of things do you struggle with?

Masakados
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

28 Oct 2017, 9:05 pm

I do. I have difficulties focusing and reading mostly. I also have difficulties breathing and moving my body but I don't know if it's entirely related or not.

Biskit69
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

27 Aug 2018, 3:29 pm

I do and it makes me struggle with more things than my aspergers. I cant focus on anything and I get hyper real easy.

Magna
Veteran
Veteran

27 Aug 2018, 3:56 pm

I would assume that I probably have ADHD. I must get up from my office chair many times during the day. Thankfully I have my own office. I'm a man of a thousand projects. It's difficult for me to focus while reading. The best way for me to read is if I have no access to electronics in the room and I wear passive noise cancelling headphones. Even then my mind wanders and I have to reread sentences or paragraphs sometimes multiple times to focus in order to fully comprehend.

I'm often on a different train of thought when someone is talking to me. It's as if I'm mentally recording what they're saying to be replayed at a later time or date.

I think my Dad has a textbook case of ADHD, even more so than I do. It's frustrating.

KingExplosionMurder
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

14 Nov 2018, 1:56 pm

yeah, it affects my attentiveness, executive function and memory mostly. But i also get random bouts of energy which can be very inconvenient if it's at night. But it's kind of difficult to tell what is what since they're overlap between ASD and ADHD

Last edited by KingExplosionMurder on 14 Nov 2018, 2:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Pieplup
Veteran
Veteran

14 Nov 2018, 2:01 pm

Sciencelover4ever wrote:
If so, what kinds of things do you struggle with?

Yes, Idk i have trouble differenciating between things i strggle with because of autism and things i struggle with because of adhd they seem to mix together for me.

The 42nd Doctor
Butterfly
Butterfly

24 Nov 2018, 7:01 pm

Most people with ASD also have ADHD (I believe the percentage is 70%). I mostly struggle with executive functioning and getting distracted easily when I'm bored.

superaliengirl
Toucan
Toucan

24 Nov 2018, 7:16 pm

I have ADD but close enough I guess. I struggle with focus and can never focus on anything, I literally have to force myself to focus. I also struggle getting started on things. I think ADD is the reason I don't really have a special interest because that would require me to be able to focus on something.

Arronax
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

30 Nov 2018, 3:10 pm

I think my ADHD part tends to create chaos where ever I go. But my AS demands order. So if I want to have success I need to make a big effort to keep things in order. The biggest part is really the forgetfulness.