Page 1 of 1 [ 1 post ] 

Lost_dragon
Veteran
Veteran

30 Oct 2017, 10:42 am

Back when I was 11, our school had a class that was dubbed "shyness class" by many. It never really had an official title, so the nickname stuck.

The idea of this class was to make the change from primary to secondary as smooth as possible. A couple of us were chosen to take part in this class, and it was mandatory for those that were chosen to take part. I would miss out on form every so often to go there.

It was less of a class...and more a bunch of exercises to try and get us to talk to each other. We had booklets, and our teacher would ask us questions about the amount of homework we had, and if we were coping ok with it. Sometimes we would do trust exercises where we would guide someone around the classroom blind folded through an obstacle course, or complete a puzzle.

The point being to teach us how to work in pairs. I felt a bit out of place in this class really, since I thought I'd been doing fine socially already so I sometimes wondered why I was even in that lesson. Well, I suppose I was a tad quiet back then. At least I found the class easy, and sometimes I got to miss a bit of PE and form...although it wasn't great having to explain why I missed those lessons to my classmates. Yes, I went to a class to learn how to be a social human being. Please don't judge me, people. :oops:

Ugh, year 7 awkwardness. *Cringes at memories* :x

I just felt like sharing this, idk why. Did your school have the equivalent of our "shyness class"? Or social class, whatever you want to call it...

Woo...