xatrix26
Veteran
Veteran

16 Nov 2017, 8:08 pm

SaveFerris wrote:
emmasma wrote:
SaveFerris wrote:
HighLlama wrote:
Do any of you also become so involved in this daydreams that you make the gestures and facial expressions to go with them, as if you're having the conversation? My dad and I both do this.

Yup! And sometimes I speak the conversation ( my part ) out loud or part of it especially if it's conflict related. It something I only do it alone but occasionally a random word slips out - luckily no one has noticed.

This is just like me. I worry that I do this sometimes when people are around. I always catch myself making weird smirky faces at work and I know people must notice :oops:

I'm so anxious that everyone is going to think I'm a lunatic that it's like a survival skill to keep it hidden. When I am on top of my anxiety & depression ( not very often ) I am less self conscious about my behaviour.

ALL of the above applies to me precisely. I'm worried especially about workplace situations when my intense daydreaming and hand gestures might be noticed by my coworkers. Of course then my Autistic secret might get out and this dynamic turns very unpredictable in a job situation.

It is a cause of great concern for me. But I do it all anyways.

ADHD, OCD, and PTSD.

Keep calm and stim away. ;)