Page 1 of 3 [ 33 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

Daniel89
Veteran
Veteran

30 Oct 2017, 3:31 pm

Does anyone else daydream to the point that they actually spend the majority of their time daydreaming? I have had this since I was a child it started with me just thinking how I would survive a zombie apocalypse and get so absorbed into these little worlds.

LostGirI
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

30 Oct 2017, 5:49 pm

i just made a post about being in my own little world. Yes I think I probably do daydream about one thing or another most of the time

Daniel89
Veteran
Veteran

30 Oct 2017, 6:04 pm

My personal theory is that its to with with an under occupied mind, I have noticed when I read more it happens less.

Quiet Mouse
Raven
Raven

30 Oct 2017, 7:00 pm

I also daydream too much. My mind wanders off so easily and so quickly, sometimes into intense daydreams where I tune everything out. Have you ever daydreamed until your surroundings turned white? It's frustrating.

Daniel89
Veteran
Veteran

30 Oct 2017, 7:05 pm

Not until its turned white but to the point when I didn't realise the sun went down.

green0star
Veteran
Veteran

31 Oct 2017, 9:12 am

Maladaptive daydreaming only happens as a result of trauma. I take it many of you guys have had significantly hard lives ... o-o

Daniel89
Veteran
Veteran

31 Oct 2017, 9:28 am

green0star wrote:
Maladaptive daydreaming only happens as a result of trauma. I take it many of you guys have had significantly hard lives ... o-o

From what I understand it is not yet a recognised condition and experts disagree on what causes it.

hannahjrob
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

31 Oct 2017, 8:35 pm

Yes... I've been doing this as long as I can remember. I have always basically lived a double life...I do live in and participate in the real world, but I also spend as much time as I can living some alternate life that I've created in my head.

Inigo Montoya
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

31 Oct 2017, 8:38 pm

hannahjrob wrote:
Yes... I've been doing this as long as I can remember. I have always basically lived a double life...I do live in and participate in the real world, but I also spend as much time as I can living some alternate life that I've created in my head.

And here I thought I was the only one!

xatrix26
Veteran
Veteran

31 Oct 2017, 9:17 pm

Daniel89 wrote:
Does anyone else daydream to the point that they actually spend the majority of their time daydreaming? I have had this since I was a child it started with me just thinking how I would survive a zombie apocalypse and get so absorbed into these little worlds.

I don't think I could go 15 minutes without daydreaming and I do it constantly and relentlessly every single day without fail. This is at least one cool thing about being Autistic, our imaginations appear to be much more vivid and escapist than most other NT imaginations. In fact NTs and their pathetic imaginations seem so plain, generic, simpleton, bland and uninteresting to me.

"Oh I daydreamed today that I was in a meadow with green grass. It was nice."
-NTs everywhere

Really? That's it? Lame. Pathetic. Simple.

ADHD, OCD, and PTSD.

Keep calm and stim away. ;)

emmasma
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

14 Nov 2017, 11:23 am

I daydream constantly and have since I was a child. If I have a day off and plan to get done much needed housework sometimes I just pace and daydream the entire day. I often get annoyed when I have to stop and interect with people (like my kids) because it interrupts my little world. The only times I don't is when I am actively engaged and can break away. I sometimes actually get relief from busy times at work that are stressful because it forces me to pay attention to what I am doing. Alot of times I watch TV while doing chores like folding laundry or doing dishes because it makes me just stay in one place and work (usually tuns into binge watching though which is a whole different problem :roll:). Podcasts help too, but they are easier to tune out.

SaveFerris
Veteran
Veteran

14 Nov 2017, 11:35 am

I totally live in my own head and sometimes my mind just.......................................................................

Hypocrisy is the greatest luxury. Raise the double standard

Mr SmokeTooMuch
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

14 Nov 2017, 12:01 pm

Probably it's a mechanism of coping with overload from the "real world" , and in this way is quite adaptive. A think its function is akin to that of normal sleep.

HighLlama
Veteran
Veteran

14 Nov 2017, 6:25 pm

Mr SmokeTooMuch wrote:
Probably it's a mechanism of coping with overload from the "real world" , and in this way is quite adaptive. A think its function is akin to that of normal sleep.

Makes sense to me. Too often I imagine arguments, I think to compensate for times I felt overwhelmed. Other times, though, I imagine conversations I want to have with people about my special interests. This is probably to compensate for a lack of these conversations in real life.

Though my head's in real life, and these fantasies happen there. Real enough for me :)

SaveFerris
Veteran
Veteran

14 Nov 2017, 8:00 pm

HighLlama wrote:
Too often I imagine arguments

past arguments ( replaying them ) or possible future ones ( trying to work out strategies ) ? I'm not level headed enough to have an argument , arguments usually turn into wars or shutdown with me. I also have a little bit of a problem where I think I am always right ( logic says I can't possibly be right all the time but I think it )

Hypocrisy is the greatest luxury. Raise the double standard

xatrix26
Veteran
Veteran

14 Nov 2017, 8:25 pm

SaveFerris wrote:
HighLlama wrote:
Too often I imagine arguments

past arguments ( replaying them ) or possible future ones ( trying to work out strategies ) ? I'm not level headed enough to have an argument , arguments usually turn into wars or shutdown with me. I also have a little bit of a problem where I think I am always right ( logic says I can't possibly be right all the time but I think it )

I do this is well. Past arguments that could have gone better are an obsessive-compulsive thing for me. And then trying to work out possible future arguments too. This thinking process is quite destructive for me that's for sure. Sometimes it can ruin my whole day.

ADHD, OCD, and PTSD.

Keep calm and stim away. ;)