Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

Aspzan
Butterfly
Butterfly

31 Oct 2017, 2:31 am

Hi everyone.

I just found this site and registered. I was diagnosed on the 25th of July this year with Aspergers. I am 24 and from the UK.

I'd like to get to know other Aspies etc and discuss things with them. Using forums is new to me and posting can even give me an adrenaline rush. Fortunately I'm used to it :D

I'm not too sure what else to write and have deleted several sentences already. If there's anything you'd like to know ask away.

TheAP
Veteran
Veteran

31 Oct 2017, 9:18 am

Welcome! :D What kind of interests do you have?

Aspzan
Butterfly
Butterfly

31 Oct 2017, 2:27 pm

Thank you! endurance sports are my biggest interest atm which began when I saw a video about the Bob Graham round.
I've started running but I've got a long way to go to attempt it.

What about you?

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

31 Oct 2017, 7:16 pm

Welcome to Wrong Planet! :)

TheAP
Veteran
Veteran

31 Oct 2017, 8:56 pm

Aspzan wrote:
Thank you! endurance sports are my biggest interest atm which began when I saw a video about the Bob Graham round.
I've started running but I've got a long way to go to attempt it.

What about you?

I enjoy browsing the internet and making up imaginary worlds/characters.

xatrix26
Veteran
Veteran

01 Nov 2017, 5:30 am

Aspzan wrote:
Hi everyone.

I just found this site and registered. I was diagnosed on the 25th of July this year with Aspergers. I am 24 and from the UK.

I'd like to get to know other Aspies etc and discuss things with them. Using forums is new to me and posting can even give me an adrenaline rush. Fortunately I'm used to it :D

I'm not too sure what else to write and have deleted several sentences already. If there's anything you'd like to know ask away.

Glad to have another Aspie with us! All types of Autistics are on these forums with varying levels of classification and severity as you will read. This is a safe place for the most part so don't worry.

Just remember one phrase, "The truth will set you free." The more honest you are, the lighter your burden will feel as an Autistic person.

I know it can be daunting to reveal to complete strangers all of your behaviours that may seem unusual to NTs (neuro-typicals) but believe me and you have to trust me on this, the behaviours that you might think are unusual are all things we do too. Things like stimming, meltdowns, ritualistic behaviours, etc. and all the typical Autistic actions that you've heard about or perhaps do yourself.

Enjoy!

ADHD, OCD, and PTSD.

Keep calm and stim away. ;)