Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

Maxwell97
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

31 Oct 2017, 6:03 pm

Hello I am a 20 yr old M. living with what I believe is Asperger’s syndrome. I feel as though I have gone through life missing the most important parts of the human story and is if there’s just something I don’t see that everyone else does. I feel so lonely and like no one can see me for who I am. I simply get rotten off as weird or rude and no one takes me seriously. I do not have a formal diagnosis yet but believe I possess many of the traits.

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

31 Oct 2017, 6:24 pm

Welcome to Wrong Planet! :D

fluffysaurus
Veteran
Veteran

01 Nov 2017, 5:32 am

Hello and welcome :)
'Missing the important parts of the human story' is a very good way of putting it. Getting a diagnosis can be difficult and take a long time for some, and not everyone feels it is necessary because they are sure themselves. You know yourself better than anyone else does. I think other people (NT's) don't know each other as well as they say they do, they just convince themselves they do. Possibly this is their way of making themselves feel more certain, because other people are such a big part of their lives.

What kind of history?
What kind of books?

Marine414
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

02 Nov 2017, 6:22 pm

Hey welcome to the group. On Friday i was diagnosed with social pragmatic communication disorder which is basically autism just without the restrictive and repetitive behavior, Intellectual disability and ADHD.

Maxwell97
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

10 Nov 2017, 1:23 am

My favorite periods of history are World War 2 and Cold War! Especially the Eastern Front. My favorite author is probably Stephen King but also love Agatha Christie Murder Mysteries.

fluffysaurus
Veteran
Veteran

10 Nov 2017, 4:43 pm

My favorite is English history (all of it, he he) but then first half of 20th century, I've just started getting interested in the countries of the Baltic's and the Balkans for that period. Never tried Stephen King (too scaredy cat) but I've just finished re-reading Agatha Christie's 'The Murder of Roger Ackroyd'. Dorothy L. Sayers is my favorite author, but I like Douglas Reeman and Alistair Maclean too and my favorite book is Walfhall. I think there's a section on here for literature and other arts. :D