What’s your Myer-Briggs personality type?

Page 1 of 11 [ 174 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11  Next

puddingmouse
Veteran
Veteran

02 Nov 2017, 2:56 pm

INTP

ScarletIbis
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

02 Nov 2017, 3:01 pm

puddingmouse wrote:
INTP

Ah a kindred logician

Feel free to message me if you want

Please understand that everything I write should be read with a grain of salt because I frequently adjust my views based on new information (just read a description of INTP that should explain better than I)

TheAP
Veteran
Veteran

02 Nov 2017, 3:56 pm

nephets wrote:
INTJ-T with a 92% introverted score and 8% feelings as opposed to 92% thinking. So basically, cold, logical and quiet. Really fun to be with (not).
Really, can you get an 'E' at the start of your letters if you're an Aspie?

Yes, you can.

ScarletIbis
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

02 Nov 2017, 4:10 pm

nephets wrote:
Really, can you get an 'E' at the start of your letters if you're an Aspie?

You can but I made that prediction on the basis that this primarily an ASD forum website, and one of the general characteristics of autistics is to introverted. By general it is implied that while a majority may be introverts, it is entirely possible to be an extrovert. At our current level of medical technology of the 21st century, an Autism Spectrum Disorder is diagnosed via criteria checklist, to put it simply. One of those criteria is social isolation, which loosely translates to introvert. Since that is only one of the criteria, it is possible for someone to be diagnosed without that specific trait, extrovert.

Please understand that everything I write should be read with a grain of salt because I frequently adjust my views based on new information (just read a description of INTP that should explain better than I)

ScarletIbis
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

02 Nov 2017, 4:29 pm

nephets wrote:
INTJ-T with a 92% introverted score and 8% feelings as opposed to 92% thinking. So basically, cold, logical and quiet. Really fun to be with (not)

Haha you say that sarcastically but I would trade all my socks to meet and converse with a ‘basically cold, logical, and quiet’ INTJ/P among my peers. Unfortunately I have yet to meet anyone my age who I can have a deeply intellectual conversation with. My idea of someone fun to be with is someone who can provide mentally stimulating conversation. I think that is one of the reasons aspies have trouble keeping conversations alive is that we find the subject dull and monotonous. Anything we love to talk about is often seen as boring or hard to follow. If I knew any INTJ or INTPs, I could have a conversation based in theoretics and logic rather than feelings, that most NTs automatically leak into conversation. Aspies do have feelings, I believe we feel more deeply than others because of frequent and intricate introspection. Just because our feeling aren’t on the surface doesn’t mean they are lesser than others. Many of us also naturally speak with a rich vocabulary, with can lead to difficulty in effective communication for anyone who doesn’t understand what they mean.I personally have a problem with alliteration, and tend to speak and type that way unconsciously. Hmm I believe I am rambling off subject. Oops

I should get a shirt that says “no small talk”.

Temeraire
Veteran
Veteran

02 Nov 2017, 4:41 pm

ScarletIbis wrote:
Prediction:
I don’t expect to see many ENs or ESs here.

Ha ha, I am an ESTP but then again I managed to qualify as a counsellor too (which was very hard).

I wasn't diagnosed with ASD until right near the end of my training.

ScarletIbis
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

02 Nov 2017, 4:49 pm

Temeraire wrote:
ScarletIbis wrote:
Prediction:

Ha ha, I am an ESTP but then again I managed to qualify as a counsellor too (which was very hard).

So far my prediction seems to be correct, I believe you are currently a minority on this thread unless 27 extroverts just suddenly post here (don’t ask where I came up with 27) :scratch:

See above the above comment above yours

TheAP
Veteran
Veteran

02 Nov 2017, 4:54 pm

Interestingly, I'm also on a non-ASD forum, and most people there are also introverts. I'm not quite sure why that is. Maybe it's because introverts tend to use online forums more. Or maybe it's because asexuals (which is who the forum is for) are more likely to be introverts.

Temeraire
Veteran
Veteran

02 Nov 2017, 5:08 pm

ScarletIbis wrote:
Temeraire wrote:
ScarletIbis wrote:
Prediction:

So far my prediction seems to be correct, I believe you are currently a minority on this thread unless 27 extroverts just suddenly post here (don’t ask where I came up with 27) :scratch:

See above the above comment above yours

I probably am in the minority but it is not so unusual for a person to be both - I have had the opportunity to do lots of personal development.

Out of interest, I just did another test and I came out ENFP - I was very borderline in most areas apart from one.

dragonsanddemons
Veteran
Veteran

02 Nov 2017, 5:11 pm

I don't fit neatly into one category. I'm very strongly I (as strongly as possible, in fact) and J, but am close on N/S and T/F, and can come out on either side of both depending on my mood when I take the test.

Yet in my new wildness and freedom I almost welcome the bitterness of alienage. For although nepenthe has calmed me, I know always that I am an outsider; a stranger in this century and among those who are still men.
-H. P. Lovecraft, "The Outsider"

Temeraire
Veteran
Veteran

02 Nov 2017, 5:19 pm

dragonsanddemons wrote:
I don't fit neatly into one category. I'm very strongly I (as strongly as possible, in fact) and J, but am close on N/S and T/F, and can come out on either side of both depending on my mood when I take the test.

I think I would come out with a different type if I did this again tomorrow in a different mood with more energy.

I also wonder if age makes a difference and experience has changed me?

Darmok
Veteran
Veteran

02 Nov 2017, 5:47 pm

INTJ all the way. :mrgreen:

There Are Four Lights!

ScarletIbis
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

02 Nov 2017, 6:47 pm

dragonsanddemons wrote:

That’s no surprise, I don’t fit neatly into my category either, I took it three different times and took the average percentage of each letter from each result. (I am indecisive so I don’t test well, indecisiveness is actually part of being an INTP). I bordered between P and J every time but mostly leaning toward P. I am also extreme borderline between A/T so close that depending on the day or situation, I could be either

Rocket123
Veteran
Veteran

02 Nov 2017, 10:24 pm

INTJ-A

I fairly consistently test INTJ since I was ~ 29.

dragonsanddemons
Veteran
Veteran

02 Nov 2017, 10:39 pm

I don't know that I've done one of these with the A/T thing at the end before. This time I got...
I(97%)
N(59%)
F(68%)
J(83%)
T(83%)

Yet in my new wildness and freedom I almost welcome the bitterness of alienage. For although nepenthe has calmed me, I know always that I am an outsider; a stranger in this century and among those who are still men.
-H. P. Lovecraft, "The Outsider"

Temeraire
Veteran
Veteran

03 Nov 2017, 5:29 am

Can someone break the T for Tactics down for me?

I ranged high in prosperity for this over judging - so what does this mean?

In fact what does all the rest mean?