What’s your Myer-Briggs personality type?

Page 5 of 11 [ 174 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 11  Next

LittleCoyoteKat
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jan 2018, 10:29 pm

INTP.

Just a fun little tidbit that was in the report for my Type...

- INTPs are theoretical and abstract, interested more in ideas than in social interaction.

- They seek to develop logical explanations for everything that interests them.

- They have an unusual ability to focus in depth to solve problems in their area of interest.

- Their natural skepticism leads them to doubt or question many statements or ideas until they can be convinced of their logical consistency.

- They love to spend time creating models of or forming theories about complex systems.

(I took the official Myers-Briggs evaluation, not the externally created tests you can find pretty much everywhere)

I am a Bookwyrm.

LittleCoyoteKat
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jan 2018, 10:43 pm

puddingmouse wrote:
ScarletIbis wrote:
puddingmouse wrote:
INTP

Ah a kindred logician

Yes, I prefer to think about emotions rather than with them. I'm a very passionate, emotional person, actually. I'm also very empathetic, but I sometimes say things is a very blunt and offensive way that upsets people. I also go on rants when I'm upset. I feel guilty about this, and I'm trying to work on processing emotions and communicating better.

I'm never bored though, as my brain is always picking apart ideas, and I live to learn things.

I can be charming when I'm in a small group of people, the atmosphere is comfortable/stress-free, and certain topics are avoided.

As I become more self-aware with age, I realise that this is what I have to work with. I'm not neurotypical, and I do have a personality that is what it is. I tried reprogramming myself with things like meditation, but that didn't work. I have dyspraxia (with autistic traits) rather than full-blown autism, so I'm trying to use the great amount of empathy I have more constructively, rather than squashing it down because it's painful to deal with.

I post on here because I still crave interaction with neurodivergent people.

Well hello, kindred spirit. I really enjoy knowing I'm not the only person that thinks like that ^.

I am a Bookwyrm.

LittleCoyoteKat
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jan 2018, 10:52 pm

ScarletIbis wrote:
Leahcar wrote:
When I was younger I used to consistently test as ENTJ, but nowadays I'm nowhere near as blunt or as outgoing as I used to be.
I'd say I'm more of an INFJ according to more recent quiz results.

That seems to be a pattern, I was a bubbly extroverted child. Until depression broke me at 12, my mom says I would just talk constantly, even to random strangers, about whatever was going through my head. She said it was like I had no danger sense. Besides talking to strangers, I would run off exploring in the woods behind our house sometimes, not thinking to tell people “ oh I was following the cat” or “I heard something and wanted to see what it was”. I would also just climb trees like crazy, no make that climb anything. Now I have to force myself to talk to my own extended family and even then it is very selective, I never discuss ‘whatever was going through my head’. It is almost like a “burned out” is what my mom says. I just used all my energy as a child and now I am just a quiet couch potato. I could easily sleep about 20 hours at a time (I am not exaggerating) when I was 12-15. Nowadays I don’t sleep more than 14 on lazy days. I usually sleep about 9-10 but I enjoy 14 when I can get it. I just like my dream world more than the real world.

^^ Same. I was a much different child than one would expect me to have been. Though I did have a habit of behaving entirely the opposite, seemingly at random, and more or less being oblivious to those around me even if they were talking to me. I'd go back and forth when I was very young, 12/13 is when I was finally able to recognize things I'd missed before, and that was when things got the worst in terms of traumas. 14-17 I would sleep as long as I would be allowed to sleep (sometimes 16 hours or more) and I was a perpetual night owl. That was when my depression was the worst, I attempted suicide, and interestingly it was the only time in my life that I didn't have nightmares or night terrors.
Now I can't sleep longer than 9 hours at a time, I prefer waking up before the sun rises, I socialize regularly with 2-3 people (one is my Husband so I feel like maybe that doesn't count?), I avoid my family though I'm on good terms with my Mother and Sister (99% of my family, I do not speak to at all) and I generally keep everyone at arm's length or further.

I am a Bookwyrm.

DaphneAlice
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

07 Jan 2018, 5:33 pm

INTJ. :) :ninja:

Darmok
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jan 2018, 5:45 pm

DaphneAlice wrote:
INTJ. :) :ninja:

Welcome, sister -- and neighbor! :D

There Are Four Lights!

DaphneAlice
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

07 Jan 2018, 6:35 pm

Thank you, Darmok. :)

Darmok
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jan 2018, 7:21 pm

DaphneAlice wrote:
Thank you, Darmok. :)

We INTJs may be rare, but we make the world more interesting. 8)

There Are Four Lights!

DaphneAlice
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

07 Jan 2018, 8:17 pm

Lol. Indeed.

eirinn7
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

08 Jan 2018, 11:21 pm

Hello, I am new to this website, but since I teach and administer the MBTI in my college classes, I thought this would be a good thread to start with. :)

I was an INTJ for most of my life, but my divorce changed my outlook on life and my determination to just take it as it comes, so now I'm an INTP. I've read that many Aspies/ASD folks tend to be ISTJ/INTJ/ISTP/INTP, which tend to be rarer in the general population.

Nice thread!

Zaarin
Raven
Raven

08 Jan 2018, 11:41 pm

INFJ.

Supposedly, INFJ and INFP are the two rarest personality types and account for less than 1% of the population. Somehow I'm not surprised in the least to find them more common among Aspies...

--"Galadriel's Song of Eldamar"

Esmerelda Weatherwax
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jan 2018, 11:47 pm

INFJ here. I was tested as part of a work-related "culture change" project, where my department spent far too long at an off-site retreat with consultants, after which nothing significant changed at all in the work culture, of course.

The consultants were nice enough people. I don't think they expected to find any INFJs; they asked me to retake the test, with the same results.

(I was diagnosed Aspie about 18 months after this.)

"I believe you find life such a problem because you think there are the good people and the bad people," said the man. "You're wrong, of course. There are, always and only, the bad people, but some of them are on opposite sides."
-- Terry Pratchett, Guards! Guards!

Sahn
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jan 2018, 7:23 pm

INTP-T

ScarletIbis
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

21 Jan 2018, 5:40 pm

domineekee wrote:
INTP-T

Welcome brother! The INTP population grows!

Feel free to message me if you want

Please understand that everything I write should be read with a grain of salt because I frequently adjust my views based on new information (just read a description of INTP that should explain better than I)

LegoMaster2149
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jan 2018, 10:12 am

INFJ.

-LegoMaster2149 (Written on January 23, 2018)

Richardf269
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

23 Jan 2018, 7:19 pm

ScarletIbis wrote:
I am an INTP. If you don’t know yours, a good site to take it on is 16personalities.

Always wondered what I'd be. Just found out I am INFP-T. Now onto reading what it says.

AnnaOMalley
Butterfly
Butterfly

31 Jan 2018, 9:08 am

I’m an INTJ-T, but I sometimes lean more INTP. Depends on how motivated I am on one day. :roll: