What’s your Myer-Briggs personality type?

Page 7 of 11 [ 174 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next

Photograph 51
Butterfly
Butterfly

13 Mar 2018, 10:57 am

INTJ, with 100% I and 100% J.

I am a student doing a research study on experiences of people who have tried to get an autism diagnosis as adults. Participating only involves filling out one questionnaire. If you are interested, please contact me at [email protected]. Thanks.

Darmok
Veteran
Veteran

13 Mar 2018, 11:14 am

Photograph 51 wrote:
INTJ, with 100% I and 100% J.

Greetings, sister. :D I'm also 100% I and close to 100% J (as I remember, though that may be a bit lower).

There Are Four Lights!

LaetiBlabla
Veteran
Veteran

21 Mar 2018, 4:33 pm

ScarletIbis wrote:
AquaineBay wrote:
I am ISFJ.

Haven’t seen any ISFJs here yet so you are the first.

ISFJ-T too :)

plokijuh
Toucan
Toucan

24 Mar 2018, 8:55 pm

INTJ
Introvert(72%) iNtuitive(47%) Thinking(12%) Judging(38%)
You have distinct preference of Introversion over Extraversion (72%)
You have moderate preference of Intuition over Sensing (47%)
You have slight preference of Thinking over Feeling (12%)
You have moderate preference of Judging over Perceiving (38%)

AQ: 42 (Scores in the 33-50 range indicate significant Austistic traits)
RAADS-R: 165
RDOS: Your neurodiverse (Aspie) score: 159 of 200
Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 44 of 200
You are very likely neurodiverse (Aspie)

Darmok
Veteran
Veteran

09 Apr 2018, 9:59 pm

^ Greetings, sister. :D

There Are Four Lights!

Dylanperr
Veteran
Veteran

11 Apr 2018, 9:24 pm

I am an INTJ.

41666f724173706965
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

18 Apr 2018, 9:26 pm

I am an INTP, I'd say it is spot on

Aavikkorotta
Raven
Raven

19 Apr 2018, 5:01 pm

I got ESTJ-A on the test. Which is unusual, as MBTI usually mistakes me for an introvert. But I'm an ambivert.
57% extroverted
69% observant
60% thinking
61% judging
68% assertive

Normally I use socionics, in which I'm LSE (ESTj).

ScarletIbis wrote:
Prediction:
I don’t expect to see many ENs or ESs here.

There was data, so I charted it. It's what I do.

lambdamoses wrote:
"I" for sure, and about 50-50 for the other 3. Actually the Big Five has more scientific support than Myer-Briggs. Why not ask for that?

Yes, good idea. Here's mine.

DancingQueen wrote:
macnut64 wrote:
I haven't taken the MBTI in about 20 years now, but I did so several times in the '90s and was a little obsessed with it. I always tested as either INTP or INFP. Interestingly, my I and T scores were borderline, but the N and P were very strong.

I also am enamored with the Enneagram and wonder if any of y'all are familiar with that. I am a type 5, which I think is very likely to be overrepresented among the ASD community.
I just took the test, I'm type 6 with a wing 5. I think they both describe me tbh.

I'm 1w2, 1-6-2, so/sp.

TheAP wrote:
Interestingly, I'm also on a non-ASD forum, and most people there are also introverts. I'm not quite sure why that is. Maybe it's because introverts tend to use online forums more. Or maybe it's because asexuals (which is who the forum is for) are more likely to be introverts.

Yeah, introverts are more common on forums. So are intuitives. ES types just have better things to do. (Except for me, apparently.)

The forum is for asexuals? I'm one of those.

billegge wrote:
INTJ's are supposed to be 2% of the population, yet there is a way higher percentage of INTJ's in this thread. I wonder how much of that 2% is Asperger's.

2% of the population? I don't believe that. But considering 16/1 is 6.25% as the mathematical likelihood of being any given of 16 types, it's not like any type would have more than 10% frequency.

The Unleasher wrote:
INFP, but I prefer the cognitive functions.

Fi
Ne
Si
Te

That's my main lineup. However, if I were to use all eight, I'd put it like:
Fi
Ne
Ti
Si
Te
Ni
Se
Fe

:D I'm TeSi and you're my dual!

Kiriae wrote:
There is more depth in it. I call it MBTI math, because it has rules like math.

Every letter has 2 sides. Extroverted and introverted. Those are called functions. Everyone has a preference for 4 functions, in that order: IEIE for introverts and EIEI for extraverts, with the first function being dominant, that comes naturally and the last being the weakest, needing assistance but still valued (something that causes a lot o trouble during childhood and is improving during the whole lifetime, slowly starting to get useful in late 20s/early 30s).

Everyone has a preffered function from all 4 types: Sensing, Intuition, Thinking and Feeling. They come in pairs. If Sensing is first, Intuition will be last. If Thinking is first, Feeling will be last. If Intuition is 2nd Sensing will be 3rd. If Feeling is 2nd Thinking will be 3rd. If Thinking is introverted, Feeling will be extroverted. If Sensing is introverted, Intuition will be extroverted. And the other way around.

The type shortcut is related to first 2 preferences and their intro/extroversion. For example INTP(me) is Ti Ne Si Fe. I because first function is introverted. N because second function is Intuition, T because first function is Thinking, P because first extroverted(=having direct contact with the world) function is a perceiving function (Perceiving=Sensing, Intuition, Judging=Thinking, Feeling)

The functions are:

Ti, Introverted Thinking = your own logic.
Te, Extroverted Thinking = common logic.
Fi, Introverted Feeling = your own values.
Fe, Extroverted Felling = group values.
Ni, Introverted Intuition = sense of future.
Ne, Extroverted intuition = sense of possibilities.
Si, Introverted Sensing = stored memories.
Se, Extroverted Sensing = 5 body senses.

Everyone is able to make use of all 8 functions. But only 4 of them are preferred(=automatic). As an INTP I can freely use Te logic(it's a tool, similar to my Si) but it gets filtered by my Ti or Ne. I can't help it. And as for Se (everyone is supposed to use the 5 senses, right?) it actually gets badly messed up by Ne(accompanied by Si) and needs to be fixed by Ti more often than not. I don't just see stuff. I see stuff and instantly imagine what they might be and the conclusion is what comes to my mind. If what I imagined fits the reality I don't even realize anything is wrong. But when it doesn't?

Ne:"I spot an alligator."
Si: shows image of an aligator.
Ti: "Where are you seeing an aligator now?"
Ne: "It was crossing the street."
Ti: "OK...? How did it look like, exactly?"
Si: shows an image of an aligator on the street in the middle of the crowded Polish city I am in, a photography of what Ne made it store.
Ti: "Wait. WHAT? Impossible... NE!"
Ne: "Ok. Perhaps it was just some green bag."
Si: shows a new image, taken by Se that got intentionally prompted to take a photo of the street. It's a green piece of trash.
Ti: "Are you an idiot?"
Fe: :?
Ti+Ne: "If anybody knew what we just imagined they would think we are mentally ill, or childish..."
Fe: :oops: :shaking:
Ti+Ne: "... or maybe creative, imaginative?"
Fe: :)

Of course it isn't an actual dialogue and it is over too fast to actually observe most of the time but it's the process that happens every single time I see anything. Usually it just ends with Ti's: "Makes sense" as soon as Ne "spots" something though because usually Ne isn't that far from reality.

Are you familiar with socionics?!

Last edited by Aavikkorotta on 19 Apr 2018, 5:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Zachwashere
Raven
Raven

19 Apr 2018, 5:22 pm

INTJ-T. I'm an architect

Flown
Veteran
Veteran

20 Apr 2018, 10:18 am

INFJ-T
The Advocate

Introverted – 97%
Intuitive – 81%
Feeling – 53%
Judging – 61%
Turbulent – 93%

Role: Diplomat
Strategy: Constant Improvement

Heretic6
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

20 Apr 2018, 10:46 am

Personality type: “The Architect” (INTJ-T)

Individual traits:
Introverted – 93%
Intuitive – 55%
Thinking – 76%
Judging – 99%
Turbulent – 54%

Role: Analyst

atthestars
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

28 Apr 2018, 9:20 am

INFJ

Arganger
Veteran
Veteran

02 May 2018, 2:12 pm

INTP

Suspected; PTSD (Treated, as my counselor did notice), possible PCOS, PMDD, Learning disabilities (Sure of it, unknown what they are), possibly something wrong with immune system (Sick about as much as I'm not) Possible EDS- hyper mobility type (Will be getting tested, suggested by doctor) dysautonomia

Leonard693
Butterfly
Butterfly

02 May 2018, 3:57 pm

INTJ-A no surprises there, every test I take just makes me wish that there had been an understanding of Asperger's/ASD in the 1960s when I was growing up. :(

EQ 12/80

larsbnf
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

02 May 2018, 5:06 pm

I'm an INFP.

Aavikkorotta wrote:
There was data, so I charted it. It's what I do.

It's very satisfying to have graphs of that, and as expected, a lot of introverts here. A note to people who got different results different times. I'm not sure but I think this test isn't supposed to be taken more than once because it skews the results.

ChrisP
Toucan
Toucan

04 May 2018, 12:09 pm

Hi! INTP and 20-years qualified Myers Briggs Consultant here!

It's OK to take MBTI more than once in your life, but maybe not more than once a week! Scores in the questionnaire may vary because of context (work v play?), life situation, etc. This doesn't mean the result is 'wrong', because the questionnaire is actually only the first stage in establishing your 'type'. It produces the correct result immediately in about 70% of cases, but there are two further stages to go through before you get a really reliable outcome. The first of these is what's called a 'best fit exercise', where the Consultant explains the theory and invites participants to self identify (before being given the results of the questionnaire), then finally a client MUST be offered a proper 'one-to-one' with a qualified person to resolve any particular personal questions.

Without all three (potential) stages it may be entertainment, but 'Myers Briggs' it ain't, sorry! 8)

Chris

(Happy to answer questions, here or by pm)