Is it time for me to give up?

Page 1 of 4 [ 49 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Marknis
Veteran
Veteran

02 Nov 2017, 10:09 am

Fireblossom wrote:
TheSpectrum wrote:
It's a bit puerile to interpret CG saying that Marknis watches too much Anime as him saying all Anime is the same just because you happen to like Anime and feel offended. I appreciate you like to watch Anime, but think it through - Closet Genius is implying that Marknis watches too much Anime that specifically portrays unrealistic male fantasies as the norm, not that all Anime does this.

You might be right; I may have taken it a bit too literally. However, does he know what anime Markins watches and has he seen these series himself or checked what kind of stories they are? If not then I can't see how he could make such a statement; there's just no logic in it. In that case it's all just an assumption... of course, if Markins has told him what he watches and he knows what kind of series they are then it's another story.

He's making extreme assumptions about me. I've barely talked to him and I barely mention anime on here. In fact, I've mentioned how I've considered dropping it in the primary anime thread in the entertainment area of this forum because the effects the elitists shoved down my throat were still fresh in my mind and that's partly why I haven't watched any for a long time now.

Fireblossom
Veteran
Veteran

02 Nov 2017, 10:14 am

Closet Genious wrote:
Stereotypes are not always just made up things, alot of the time they are a result of actual tendencies.

Even the anime guys with girlfriends seem totally lost in idealism still.

Whether it's a result of watching anime, or anime just generally attracts men with this kind of mindset I can't say. Chicken or the egg.

Well you're certainly right about that; no smoke without a fire. It's still not wise to hang too tightly to stereotypes or assume that they're flawless, though.

The ones I know certainly don't, but there are lot of different people so its not impossible that the most you have met are like that.

I think that certain kind of anime attracts certain kind of men, not that certain kind of anime makes men in to certain kind of people (there might be exceptions though.)

Marknis
Veteran
Veteran

02 Nov 2017, 10:23 am

Fireblossom wrote:
Closet Genious wrote:
Stereotypes are not always just made up things, alot of the time they are a result of actual tendencies.

Even the anime guys with girlfriends seem totally lost in idealism still.

Whether it's a result of watching anime, or anime just generally attracts men with this kind of mindset I can't say. Chicken or the egg.

Well you're certainly right about that; no smoke without a fire. It's still not wise to hang too tightly to stereotypes or assume that they're flawless, though.

The ones I know certainly don't, but there are lot of different people so its not impossible that the most you have met are like that.

I think that certain kind of anime attracts certain kind of men, not that certain kind of anime makes men in to certain kind of people (there might be exceptions though.)

There are jocks who dislike anime but love the Dragon Ball franchise, mostly the Z anime. In fact, most of the time, they just say they like "Dragon Ball Z" but dislike the first half of the series because it lacks the bro factor of the Z anime. They think every other series is either "gay" or "weird Japanese cartoons".

TheSpectrum
Veteran
Veteran

02 Nov 2017, 11:18 am

What are your thoughts about the idea of taking a break from hunting for a girlfriend?

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

02 Nov 2017, 12:13 pm

Closet, I diagree with you this time on animes, I rethought about that.

I watch some animes (ie. Attack on Titan, Yamato...etc - not muh into silly long-fights animes such as dragonballz).

"Hot" girls in animes are typically very hard to get; almost unattainable by the average or geeky anime guy. On the other hand those "hot" anime girls often only drool for the super hot alpha-so male while being indifferent or even mean to the average one.
Ugly/unattractive/weak/geeky guys in animes are often single and crave women attention that they never get.

It is exaggerated but it isn't far from reality.

What's by far more unrealistic is those american sci fi movies where the geeky non-rich guys get supermodel gfs so easy peasy, such as the Transformers and Spiderman movies.

Last edited by The_Face_of_Boo on 02 Nov 2017, 12:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Closet Genious
Veteran
Veteran

02 Nov 2017, 12:29 pm

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
Closet, I diagree with you this time on animes, I rethought about that.

I watch some animes (ie. Attack on Titan, Yamato...etc - not muh into silly long-fights animes such as dragonballz).

"Hot" girls in animes are typically very hard to get; almost unattainable by the average or geeky anime guy. On the other hand those "hot" anime girls often only drool for the super hot alpha-so male while being indifferent or even mean to the average one.

It is exaggerated but it isn't far from reality.

What's by far more unrealistic is those american sci fi movies where the geeky non-rich guys get supermodel gfs so easy peasy, such as the Transformers movies.

Hmm...

You're probably right here. I was too quick to talk out of my ass, my knowledge of anime is not sufficient.
But still though, even if anime has no influence, it still seems like anime often attracts an audience of men with doormat syndrome.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

02 Nov 2017, 12:49 pm

Doormat guys in animes are like doormat in real life: not attractive to women.

In the childish and silly animes such as Bleach (forced to watch few with a friend), "hot" girls often kick and fist the doormat guys but their eyes become hearts when they see the hot tall hero guy.

In many JRPGs (which are so based on animes), all female teamates fall in love with the one same guy (the strongest and coolest), who is often the chatacter you play.

Last edited by The_Face_of_Boo on 02 Nov 2017, 12:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Marknis
Veteran
Veteran

02 Nov 2017, 12:50 pm

TheSpectrum wrote:
What are your thoughts about the idea of taking a break from hunting for a girlfriend?

I always took it as giving up but my therapist told me it isn't the same.

I certainly don't want someone like Closet Genious telling me how to live my life, especially since he jumped to conclusions about me. I've actually had a girlfriend before and it didn't take any redpill BS. She actually approached me instead of the other way around.

Closet Genious
Veteran
Veteran

02 Nov 2017, 1:02 pm

Marknis wrote:
TheSpectrum wrote:

I always took it as giving up but my therapist told me it isn't the same.

I certainly don't want someone like Closet Genious telling me how to live my life, especially since he jumped to conclusions about me. I've actually had a girlfriend before and it didn't take any redpill BS. She actually approached me instead of the other way around.

How did I tell you how to live your life?
You start a thread called: "Is It Time For Me To Give Up?"
And I gave you my opinion.

Regarding that girlfriend of yours, I have 2 questions:

1: Were you fat at the time?
2: Why did it end?

hobojungle
Veteran
Veteran

02 Nov 2017, 4:15 pm

Don’t “give up,” but do take a look inside with tools like meditation, journaling, and spending quality time with yourself, however you define it. Answer the question “who am I?” I am on this journey as well. Keep us posted. I appreciate your honesty. :)

Marknis
Veteran
Veteran

02 Nov 2017, 10:04 pm

hobojungle wrote:
Don’t “give up,” but do take a look inside with tools like meditation, journaling, and spending quality time with yourself, however you define it. Answer the question “who am I?” I am on this journey as well. Keep us posted. I appreciate your honesty. :)

A part of me does desire to figure out my life. I have been slacking on meditation so thank you for the reminder. For a long time, the Bible Belt brainwashed me into thinking God had a plan for me and made me complacent instead of encouraging me to be myself. I will never forgive the people and culture who forced that outlook onto me.

white_as_snow
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

02 Nov 2017, 10:37 pm

women are VERY shallow.

hot women want hot men

average women want hot men

bad looking women want average men

nobody wants the bad looking males, its a problem. bad looking males are left alone .

ShyGirl7
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

02 Nov 2017, 11:38 pm

Marknis wrote:
hobojungle wrote:

A part of me does desire to figure out my life. I have been slacking on meditation so thank you for the reminder. For a long time, the Bible Belt brainwashed me into thinking God had a plan for me and made me complacent instead of encouraging me to be myself. I will never forgive the people and culture who forced that outlook onto me.

Have you considered the possibility that they are actually Satan-worshippers?

“Not everyone who says to me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter the kingdom of heaven, but the one who does the will of my Father who is in heaven.
On that day many will say to me, ‘Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name, and cast out demons in your name, and do many mighty works in your name?’
And then will I declare to them, ‘I never knew you; depart from me, you workers of lawlessness.’

- Matthew 7:21-23

ShyGirl7
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

02 Nov 2017, 11:41 pm

white_as_snow wrote:
women are VERY shallow.

hot women want hot men

nobody wants the bad looking males, its a problem. bad looking males are left alone .

What are you talking about? Hot women date bad looking males all the time.

In fact, more often than not, hot women date ugly males.

It's not the appearance that matters - it's the personality.

Most hot women will turn down a nice guy - even if he's hot.

Most hot women will date a bad looking man, if he's abusive.

- If you want to master your surroundings, then you have to be aware of them and understand them.

Marknis
Veteran
Veteran

02 Nov 2017, 11:56 pm

ShyGirl7 wrote:
Marknis wrote:
hobojungle wrote:

Have you considered the possibility that they are actually Satan-worshippers?

“Not everyone who says to me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter the kingdom of heaven, but the one who does the will of my Father who is in heaven.
On that day many will say to me, ‘Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name, and cast out demons in your name, and do many mighty works in your name?’
And then will I declare to them, ‘I never knew you; depart from me, you workers of lawlessness.’

- Matthew 7:21-23

I don't believe in Satan and what most Christians call "Satanism" is just their ignorance about Wicca as well as other forms of neo paganism. They don't realize that the Catholic church demonized the pagan belief systems and culture to scare people. Christianity itself also took a lot from paganism despite claiming to hate it. A lot of Bible Belters actually think atheism is the same as "Satanism" but what can you expect from close minded people who only associate with those who think like them and reject those who have different ideas? So, no, I don't think the people who shoved their views down my throat were "Satan-worshippers".

Marknis
Veteran
Veteran

03 Nov 2017, 12:03 am

ShyGirl7 wrote:
white_as_snow wrote:
women are VERY shallow.

hot women want hot men

What are you talking about? Hot women date bad looking males all the time.

In fact, more often than not, hot women date ugly males.

It's not the appearance that matters - it's the personality.

Most hot women will turn down a nice guy - even if he's hot.

Most hot women will date a bad looking man, if he's abusive.

- If you want to master your surroundings, then you have to be aware of them and understand them.

Hot is subjective. I find most gothic girls to be hot but someone like my older brother who considers himself a "true American" (In his view, a white Christian) would call them ugly. Ghetto girls get considered hot by the "gangstas" but I feel like vomiting when I see them.