Making college better for those on the spectrum

Page 1 of 1 [ 1 post ] 

Laura Dean
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

02 Nov 2017, 10:27 am

Hello everyone, I'm hoping people might help me with some research I'm undertaking for my doctorate. I'm looking at the experiences of people on the spectrum who go to university. In particular I'm interested in how they experience initiatives which claim to help them become more employable but it's not important that you've done this to take part.

If you'd like to help out you can get more details and participate here https://sheffieldmanagement.eu.qualtric ... 7jr7cGwELP This research has been approved by the University of Sheffield Ethics Panel. The questionnaire only takes six minutes to complete. I am particularly interested to hear from women as they are currently underrepresented in research but I welcome all respondents.
Some FAQs about the research:
1. This research is self-funded
2. I do not have an autism diagnosis myself, my interest initially began when my daughter was diagnosed.
3. I appear to be newly registered because I did not want to use my original identity online as I thought it was important to be transparent about who I was. I have used these boards for a few years though to gain insight for my daughter and my students. I have also referred many other people to this site for those reasons.
4. I'm studying this topic as I work in a university (I'm Programme Director for an MSc in Occupational Psychology) and want to know what universities can do better to support people on the spectrum become employable.
5. I'm happy to send more information through and if you PM me I will give you my email address. I don't want to put my email address on here because of bots.
6. The responses will be anonymised.

Happy to answer any questions about this on the thread or privately
thanks for your help

Laura