what was the worst teacher you had in school?

Page 2 of 2 [ 22 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

why do you hate a certain teacher?
too fast/slow 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
rude/demanding 42%  42%  [ 13 ]
pervert/commited crimes 10%  10%  [ 3 ]
loves popular kids 16%  16%  [ 5 ]
other 32%  32%  [ 10 ]
Total votes : 31

sleepyjasp
Butterfly
Butterfly

15 Dec 2017, 5:34 am

My p.e. teacher. She loves to give us handouts where exercises are described on/ and shown on. She never demonstrates an exercise. I cant perform something I have never done before by just looking on a piece of paper or by reading a description. My fine motor skills are not the best and I cant understand certain movements or copy them just by seeing. :roll: In addition, she doesn't give us enough time to practise. For example we had 1 1/2 weeks time to learn a gymnastic exercise on the horizontal bar and when you mention it she excuses herself by saying we could have practised it in the study group, which we did. :cry:

SilverProteus
Veteran
Veteran

17 Dec 2017, 6:39 pm

An old English teacher, with a funny last name, is undoubtedly one of the worse teachers I ever had the misfortune to meet.

I've met my share of perverted "teachers" (I refuse to give them the label) too. Some criminally so, even.

Rey27
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

16 Jan 2018, 6:59 pm

My worst teacher was the one I had for psych.
His ineptitude was truly spectacular and he also hated the entire field of psychology. It took us six months to persuade him we were going to be assessed in it and his control of the class was such that the students sat across from me protested his teaching by drawing on their own faces with whiteboard marker for the entirety of two hour classes, they got pretty good at it too. :)

mered288
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

28 Jan 2018, 5:14 pm

It is hard to choose. There was my elementary school principal who thought kids would be kids and the way to deal with bullying is to put the bully and victim together for all group work. While I was supposed to be learning to work in a group I always had at least 1, usually 2, sometimes 3 bullies in my group. Having "mean girls" trying to make you cry every time the teacher is out of earshot with the occasional death threat thrown in makes for a wonderful learning environment. This was especially bad as I was unaware that people lie and believed every death threat.

My 6th grade language arts teacher repeatedly berated me in front of the class for not proof reading my work. I had not learned to read yet due to visual processing deficits and she knew it. This was in a time before personal computers with text to speech capabilities.

My high school Chemistry teacher ignored my IEP. He assigned a group project when I was absent and let people choose their partners. I ended up with the only person who could not find a partner, a loner, who I could not communicate with. My IEP clearly stated for any group project I must be assigned a group with careful consideration to making a group with good communication. He tried to fail me for the entire class. I got A's on every other assignment. The school forced him kicking and screaming to give me a passing grade so he gave me a C for the entire year.

kineticwaves
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

10 Mar 2018, 4:19 pm

Ms. N (won't say full name) was a b***c. Like, even though I was a defiant child, she still really needed to chillllllllllll. :lol:

elsapelsa
Veteran
Veteran

10 Mar 2018, 5:04 pm

At medical school i had a professor in Mammalian biology and in genetics he made the claim that sickle cell anaemia was Africa's revenge for slavery. :twisted: :evil: :twisted: :evil:

I also had a maths' professor who looked just like John Cleese who would start writing on one blackboard and then, whilst muttering to himself, keep going all around the room - there were blackboards on three sides of the room - and then as we all feverishly tried to keep up. He'd stop, groan, bash himself in the head and go back and start rubbing bits out. It was impossible to keep up. He was a terrible teacher, but I do have a soft spot for him, clearly he was having a hard time of it all.

But still.... my worst was one of my primary school teachers.... she just pandered to people being mediocre, had terrible breath and was just totally uninspiring.