Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

Kiki1256
Veteran
Veteran

02 Nov 2017, 9:37 pm

It's hard to explain what I'm saying, but often guys like to "do things," and take pride in what they can accomplish, and girls just want to blend in and look good. I am a girl who feels the need to be strong, powerful, and capable...physically, mentally, and socially. Even though I'm female, I have the same "need to be tough" mentality that a lot of guys have.

Any advice on how to be a girl who accomplishes everything and can handle everything?

TheAP
Veteran
Veteran

02 Nov 2017, 10:05 pm

It's impossible to be a girl who "can do anything". We are only human, and we have flaws. Don't push yourself too hard to be perfect. It's okay if you are sometimes weak or emotional. The important thing is to try to be the best you you can be. Set goals and stick to them. Help others and take care of yourself. If you want to be more physically strong, consider taking up a sport or physical activity. But don't beat yourself up if you fail. Growing sometimes takes time.

shortfatbalduglyman
Veteran
Veteran

03 Nov 2017, 9:37 am

Nobody "can do anything". Everyone has limits. Men, women, boy, girls, male to female transsexuals, female to male transsexuals, and et cetera.

You can learn how to do more things. Take classes, read books. YouTube video show you how to do something

Emotional resilience:

Alone time

Meditation

Medication :D

Positive thinking

Counseling

Grounding.

Distraction

Reframing

BTDT
Veteran
Veteran

03 Nov 2017, 9:42 am

It helps to find a partner that is supportive of your activities. This can be hard, because a lot of guys are intimidated by capable women.

For example, I just took apart a vacuum cleaner, but couldn't figure out how to totally disassemble it. So I set it aside and looked up how to do it on Youtube the next day. A supportive partner gives you a reasonable amount of time to figure out how to do stuff. Of course, it is sitting around broken for a month or two you really should have bought a new one to replace it.

Amity
Veteran
Veteran

03 Nov 2017, 10:04 am

Harness/focus that inner strength and use it wisely on actions that you will benefit from long term, from my experience what you're describing is a finite personal resource.

racheypie666
Veteran
Veteran

03 Nov 2017, 10:13 am

I understand the concept but not the question, or why it's a question. You want to be a girl who can do anything; start doing.

Don't listen to anyone who says you can't, especially yourself. At the same time, know your limitations and work with them, not against yourself. You might have to go about it a different way, you might fail and have to try again (and again), but that's ok. It's the drive to do, and to keep doing, that is key.